• You cannot reply to this topic
8 replies to this topic

GLHS988

• Spyder-Man
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1984 CRX Spyder, 1987 Shelby GLHS, 1989 Shelby CSX-VNT

All,

Add this to the list of no longer available parts from Honda.  Majestic Honda just informed me that the OEM Head Gasket for my EW-1 is no longer available.  Guess I'm going to use a Felpro instead. 

glhs988

(below:  message from Majestic Honda)

Thank you for ordering with HondaAutomotiveParts.com. Unfortunately, the item/items have been discontinued by American Honda, and are not available. We do apologize for the inconvenience and time spent during your purchase. We are proud to display the original complete catalog on our site of every part and every diagram. We have made every effort to search every American Honda warehouse for you. Unfortunately, we have removed this item(s) from the order and refunded the amount. The remainder of the order is still in process.

12251-PE0-S11 GASKET, CYLINDER HEAD 1 $50.38

A WarrenTee is better than a guarantee. This WarrenTee is for life.

"I never thought about dying. The day you were born, it was already written down the day you're gonna check out. Now, I'm not gonna throw myself under a truck, but I'm not gonna worry about when I die. I'm ready to move on when that day comes." - Carroll Shelby (January 11, 1923 - May 10, 2012)

http://karakullake.b...eet-photos.html

CRX86Balla

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1986 Honda CRX DX

Just check autozone or an autoparts store. they should have them for about 20-40 bucks. 

Car Noob here. I'll try my best to help and learn.

Follow My Build

redsautorehab

• 3gen enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: Vendors
    • Drives: 00 Dodge Durango, 01 Ford F250, 99 Chevy Tracker, 82 suzuki rm250
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage

If anybody is interested, I can get a stone brand gasket, which is made by ishino, one of the oe suppliers for honda.

"You play hard to get, I play hard to get rid of" Fez, That 70's Show

my website if you need parts for your car, and i don't have them at on my website, just pm me. I can get most of the common parts for our cars.

my vouch thread

GLHS988

• Spyder-Man
  • PipPip

Thanks for the suggestion.  I already have a Felpro one since I purchased a head gasket set from O'Reilly.  Was originally going to use everything except the head gasket, which I was going to use an OEM.  Not going to happen now that the OEM no longer available. 

Just check autozone or an autoparts store. they should have them for about 20-40 bucks. 

"I never thought about dying. The day you were born, it was already written down the day you're gonna check out. Now, I'm not gonna throw myself under a truck, but I'm not gonna worry about when I die. I'm ready to move on when that day comes." - Carroll Shelby (January 11, 1923 - May 10, 2012)

CRX86Balla

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip

Thanks for the suggestion.  I already have a Felpro one since I purchased a head gasket set from O'Reilly.  Was originally going to use everything except the head gasket, which I was going to use an OEM.  Not going to happen now that the OEM no longer available. 

What's wrong with Felpro? :P

Follow My Build

redsautorehab

• 3gen enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: Vendors
    • Drives: 00 Dodge Durango, 01 Ford F250, 99 Chevy Tracker, 82 suzuki rm250
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage

What's wrong with Felpro? :P

If you really want to know, I use felpro all the time, and for imports, most of their gaskets are garbage. I have no choice at the shop I work at, so I try my best to avoid leaks. Their head gaskets are decent though.

"You play hard to get, I play hard to get rid of" Fez, That 70's Show

my website if you need parts for your car, and i don't have them at on my website, just pm me. I can get most of the common parts for our cars.

my vouch thread

CRX86Balla

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip

If you really want to know, I use felpro all the time, and for imports, most of their gaskets are garbage. I have no choice at the shop I work at, so I try my best to avoid leaks. Their head gaskets are decent though.

Touche

Follow My Build

GLHS988

• Spyder-Man
  • PipPip

Does Napa or Autozone have something better available?  O'Reilly had the choice of Felpro and Beck/Arnley.  I am at least glad to hear that the Felpro HG is decent.  Whatever the case, I need to have everything together a week from now.  Engine being taken apart next weekend and trying to have the car running for a Japanese classic car meet on the 20th.  Thanks for any suggestions.

cbstdscott

• Swap in HF drums, check your cam timing
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2015 Contributor
    • Drives: '87 CRX Si, '07 Civic Si Sedan, '15 Scion FRS
    • Image Gallery
Both options are fine. You are not running huge compression. Just be sure to use new dowels as the old one will be cruddy.
Posted Image

Form Follows Function