How Much For My Crx?

• You cannot reply to this topic
6 replies to this topic

ol'skoolrex_PH

• Street Racer
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 87 Ballade CRX, 87 CRX Si, 95 Civic
I'm thinking of getting rid of one of my CRXs so I can keep my mind on another project. I'm having a hard time figuring the value, because of it's modifications

ZC with CMR intake, ported IM, decked head. REAL Mugen header. it's a ZC1 bottom end with a ZC2 head mated through ARR head studs. it's a real ZC. all OBD-0 wiring has been done. Fully Programable ECU with data logging (similar to Hondata stand alone) Integra front hubs and brakes, Integra rear disc conversion. I got the car without an interior, so there is custom black carpet in there, and the top half of door panels. the Dash is there, and in GREAT shape, no cracks. interior is painted white, exterior a custom one off DPI charcoal color (with ultra mini metal flake in it) needs some polishing (that was never done at the shop) NEW tail lights. rear bumper needs a little work (baskin robins 31 flavors bumper sticker is covering up a hole wink.gif) the torsion bars are already re-keyed so you can set them to whatever ride hight you want. all body panels (other than rear bumper and header panel) are in gerat shape, line up properly and the doors shut without any effort.

so what do you guys think? just needs a battery, exhaust system, and it's ready to go. I want to sell it locally, not on eBay if I can help it.

boman

• BOman
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 Honda CRX Si ZC-Turbo, 1999 Honda Civic Dx
    • Image Gallery
You'll make more money if you part it out and sell the shell on ebay. These cars hold alot of value to us enthusiasts, but in the real world... ohmy.gif

Pics?

JAKOB biggrin.gif

Edited by boman, 27 April 2004 - 10:41 AM.

1987 Honda CRX Si 1.6 DOHC TURBO (ZC)
1999 Honda Civic Dx

Sold:
1999 Civic SiR
2002 Lexus IS300

ol'skoolrex_PH

• Street Racer
  • PipPip
yea... it's just a hassle to part out a car then having to worry about getting rid of the shell

Robert W

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Drives: 1973 Nova SS 396" BB, 1979 Porsche 924 S Turbo, 1987 Delta 88 Royale 5.0 V8
If I recall correctly you lose all value of mods when you sell it. If it was me I'd part it, be worth much more. Might as well be stock if you're selling, sine that's how it's calculated. All IIRC, of course.

ol'skoolrex_PH

• Street Racer
  • PipPip
you're right - rough estimate got me 1200 for some of the peformance parts
after that I might just junk the rest of the car or give away the chassis/body (which is in PERFECT condition I should add!)

DarkHand

QUOTE (ol'skoolrex_PH @ Apr 27 2004, 11:55 AM)
after that I might just junk the rest of the car or give away the chassis/body (which is in PERFECT condition I should add!)

You will go straight to hell and burn for eternity if you junk a perfect condition CRX body. biggrin.gif
DarkHand

Aren D.

• Save the pepper, save the world.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 1985 CRX SI/2003 Frontier SC/2006 Jetta TDI/2014 Civic SI
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
hey what do you mean by "nor CA" because some people that live in sanfrancisco area think they live in nor ca when really they live in central ca, any way what city do you live in, and got pics?