A Couple Of Quick Qs

• You cannot reply to this topic
5 replies to this topic

3g-civic-86

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 86 Civic Hatch
A new AUSSIE member, I just bought a 3g hatch, loving it! Its only a ew2, dual barrel (i think?) single carb tho , but still a good daily!

Bare with me while i pick your minds? PLEASE biggrin.gif

Done the devac, good improvement...
got some teg rear springs to fit..
stainless 2" cat back with a hotdog muffler(it cost $60 laugh.gif )

Now need the torsion bars.. i want to go junk yard, as it is only a daily (at the moment) so if i cant find a 4WD with torsion bar set up, which, in RPR members opinion, whats best? and/or easiest? teg or 2WD bars?

Purely for wank factor.. and maybe a little fuel economy, Could you put a three way valve between carb and inlet manifold vacuums to the secondary?
My theory is: carb vacuum opens the secondary at high rpms, yes? and inlet manifold opens almost strait away? (Im new to this carb stuff) so if im correct, to get standard economy, use the original port (for secondary before devac) and switch the valve to get that secondary open early?

OR...

am i completely wrong and just forgotten how all the hoses started out? (The carb is completely different to most pics on here BTW)

and last, i read somewhere, one of the best and easiest way to get power is to bolt on some headers? is this true?

Edited by 3g-civic-86, 06 September 2007 - 05:25 AM.

punaspeed

• a.k.a. King Nasshole the Great.............. I am the GREATEST
  • PipPip
    • Drives: Baby Pearl, 1987 civic si. Kiwila, 1986 civic dx
    • Image Gallery
anytime you make it more free flow it will not only give you a couple more horses but should increase fuel economy. good luck
if i only had a brain, and knew how to use it, i might just be dangerous

Baby Pearl (1987 Honda Civic Si)

oldschoolhondacivic

• R.I.P. Oct.27,2007...its not fair
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1986 civic dx
QUOTE (3g-civic-86 @ Sep 6 2007, 06:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A new AUSSIE member, I just bought a 3g hatch, loving it! Its only a ew2, dual barrel (i think?) single carb tho , but still a good daily!

Bare with me while i pick your minds? PLEASE biggrin.gif

Done the devac, good improvement...
got some teg rear springs to fit..
stainless 2" cat back with a hotdog muffler(it cost $60 laugh.gif )

Now need the torsion bars.. i want to go junk yard, as it is only a daily (at the moment) so if i cant find a 4WD with torsion bar set up, which, in RPR members opinion, whats best? and/or easiest? teg or 2WD bars?
Purely for wank factor.. and maybe a little fuel economy, Could you put a three way valve between carb and inlet manifold vacuums to the secondary?
My theory is: carb vacuum opens the secondary at high rpms, yes? and inlet manifold opens almost strait away? (Im new to this carb stuff) so if im correct, to get standard economy, use the original port (for secondary before devac) and switch the valve to get that secondary open early?

OR...

am i completely wrong and just forgotten how all the hoses started out? (The carb is completely different to most pics on here BTW)

and last, i read somewhere, one of the best and easiest way to get power is to bolt on some headers? is this true?

i tried that once, my car would accelerate without even pushing the gas. feels quick...but its dangerous and your brakes and clutch will die quickly!. invest in a weber carb<or holley>i bought mine from REDINE WEBER.cme with everything needed.some members here might have 'em too.a much smoother/cleaner engine bay..not to mention tuneability and power/economy
headers are a must.
money pit

3g-civic-86

• Granny
  • Pip
QUOTE (oldschoolhondacivic @ Sep 7 2007, 12:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i tried that once, my car would accelerate without even pushing the gas. feels quick...but its dangerous and your brakes and clutch will die quickly!. invest in a weber carb<or holley>i bought mine from REDINE WEBER.cme with everything needed.some members here might have 'em too.a much smoother/cleaner engine bay..not to mention tuneability and power/economy
headers are a must.

Yea i found the same, but if i keep the idle speed below 1000, its sweet.. i did away with the vacuum idle thing, just wound the idle bolt up.. Ive read a thread tho that says the stock carb is fine, some ill stick to that in the mean time... Cheers

rollz87civic

• VOOM VOOM NO VTEC!!!!!!!!!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 1987 civic sedan(sold) 1987 civic DX(sold) 1992 civic SI(sold) 1985 civic wagon 4wd(sold) 1986 civic std DD(Sold)1986 civic dx(sold)
    • Image Gallery
welcome.............pics?
SACHR member be hate for who you are not loved for who your not.

Posted Image
Member in the Carburetion Nation

RIP GLEN

3g-civic-86

• Granny
  • Pip
QUOTE (rollz87civic @ Sep 7 2007, 03:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
welcome.............pics?

Not yet... i want to get some before/after pics going, ill chuck some in of the carb, its really different to your guys.. could be interesting?