←  General Posts

Red Pepper Racing

»

Red pepper racing ??????

Bullet's Photo Bullet 12 Sep 2002

I have always wondered how RPR was choosen for the name....  I like the name and everything, but don't we all wanna know the truth behind Tom's wacked out mind????  lol biggrin.gif

Da Bullet ???

rpr's Photo rpr 12 Sep 2002

Actually, I'll let Darren explain, since it was his idea.

Masta's Photo Masta 14 Sep 2002

It's all coming back to me..wait...wait...see, there was this chick and she used to love sticking Red pep.....oh shit thats not it.  There was a dude on TV who was some marketing whiz and the interviewer asked him what the best company name was.  He said"Red Pepper".  Something about it being tangible blah blah whatever.  I thought it sounded cool, so I stole it.  Kind of a shitty story, eh?  anyway, It was all my doing.  Tom is the F'n genius behind this whole webpage, I just tune cars and weld.  Oh yeah, I'm a really good driver too!(pats self on back) Anyway, Tom's a champ with this computer stuff and we all owe him our kidney's(or Koni's) for setting up this awesome forum.  Cheers Tom for a job well done.

Later

D.

nivek2002's Photo nivek2002 14 Sep 2002

Ditto - Tom is da bomb!  :D

squareback's Photo squareback 21 Sep 2006

I asked about this a couple of years ago, but nobody gave me an answer. Where does "Red Pepper Racing" come from? What does it mean? I was wearing an RPR shirt at our last Solo event, and someone asked me what it meant. I felt kinda stupid for not knowing.

Anyone?

Mike

crxls's Photo crxls 21 Sep 2006

oh no, not this again......

badpenny's Photo badpenny 21 Sep 2006

QUOTE (squareback @ Sep 21 2006, 09:52 PM)
I asked about this a couple of years ago, but nobody gave me an answer.  Where does "Red Pepper Racing" come from?  What does it mean?  I was wearing an RPR shirt at our last Solo event, and someone asked me what it meant.  I felt kinda stupid for not knowing.

Anyone?

Mike

Masta stole it from a news program where the analyst was asked what would the best name for a company be. THe analyst replied "red pepper ......." Masta liked it so he took it.

Its in an ancient file here. I will find the story

JEFFtheJ00la's Photo JEFFtheJ00la 21 Sep 2006

wow. thats kinda crazy. i always though it was a knockoff of http://www.chilipepperracing.org

CRX Spaz's Photo CRX Spaz 13 Dec 2006

TOM rocks the HOUSE!!!!

Bullet you knew how RPR got it's name.

Your getting old.

rpr's Photo rpr 13 Dec 2006

Dude, where you been? Man, long time no see...

LocDoc's Photo LocDoc 01 Feb 2007

I never knew but it has been well done Good Job Tom
LD

1GCRXDX's Photo 1GCRXDX 02 Feb 2007

I remember the first time the name was explained...still sounds like a great name

RARECRX's Photo RARECRX 15 Apr 2007

I remember the "first time" I joined (wayy back then like 2002-2003), I stumbled upon the site on just plain browsing. When I entered the site it had AIRPLANES all over (courtesy of nivek lol) and I was like "how the hell do all these airplanes have anything to do with crx's? AND what the hell does "red peppers" have to do with ANYTHING??" I was a bit confused at first asking "Am I in the right place? maybe the site name was sold to an aviation company?" I think I posted only one or NO times...

I forgot my name password and recently rejoined ,NOW IT ALL MAKES SENSE... and YES the "redpepperracing" name is VERY catchy and I get asked about it ALL the time when I bring my car out with the decals..

Most ask "Is it redpepperracing cause your car is RED and it is HOT??" LOL..

rpr's Photo rpr 15 Apr 2007

QUOTE (RARECRX @ Apr 15 2007, 05:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Most ask "Is it redpepperracing cause your car is RED and it is HOT??" LOL..

Once I got asked what my car had against green peppers? My license plate is REDPEPPR...

amirol's Photo amirol 24 May 2007

btw... where can i get redpepperracing sticker?