←  Off-Topic

Red Pepper Racing

»

Spam.. Wtf!

RFL85CRXSI's Photo RFL85CRXSI 07 Apr 2009

New "member" Mignulikz needs to be deleted. I received spam by pm from this user.

This is what user pm'd link removed
Now it may be coincidental, but after I opened the link, my laptop was attacked by a trojan...

Airjockie's Photo Airjockie 07 Apr 2009

the same spammer hit Club-S12...Tom better lock up the new members joining for a while.

~zeus~'s Photo ~zeus~ 07 Apr 2009

QUOTE (RFL85CRXSI @ Apr 7 2009, 10:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
New "member" Mignulikz needs to be deleted. I received spam by pm from this user.

This is what user pm'd please help
Now it may be coincidental, but after I opened the link, my laptop was attacked by a trojan...

I got the same spam pm. I deleted it and did not open the link. Ban this douche. Sorry about your laptop RFL.

C8V6C's Photo C8V6C 07 Apr 2009

Punch em in the face! Or ban him! LOL

ef91's Photo ef91 07 Apr 2009

when in doubt, knock em out..... cool.gif

NWClassicHonda's Photo NWClassicHonda 07 Apr 2009

I hate spammers.

badpenny's Photo badpenny 07 Apr 2009

This topic has been pinned. The next time someone has a spammer approach them, post here. Its easy to find.

RexKrazy's Photo RexKrazy 08 Apr 2009

ok....so you think that link gave you a trojan...and then you posted it.

Think about that.

rpr's Photo rpr 08 Apr 2009

There is a patch from Invision Power to rate limit PM's to try and stop this. I may just do as Airjockie says and manually process new members.

RFL85CRXSI's Photo RFL85CRXSI 08 Apr 2009

Like I said, I dont know is it was from the link or not. I was also on a couple other sites while I was opening my Pm. Yes, im sorry. I wasn't thinking about that at the time... I was a little pissed...

kaymo's Photo kaymo 08 Apr 2009

we could always do a pubic screening process.

first question: have your ever visited honda-tech.com
second question: do you have an aluminum wing on your car?
third question: if yes, do you have sex with your sister/cousin?

lol i had to say it. i bought an APC wing off some dude for 10 dollars as a gag item, placing it on friends and brother's cars. my brother affectionately named it the "sister fucker wing"

windraver's Photo windraver 23 Apr 2009

got 2 spams from

nuzgirba

the person has 0 posts.

they linked the following

"iefa.ru"

don't go to it. I haven't checked it but its naturally suspicious. I removed the http to prevent accidental clicks.

GeezRX's Photo GeezRX 23 Apr 2009

I, too have received 3 "Important" PM's from this Nurzgirba today and had received the previous one from Migulnirz or whatever also. This could easily become bothersome!

kaymo's Photo kaymo 23 Apr 2009

sad.gif i feel left out no one has tried spamming me! although i get daily spam emails on my freakin cell phone about how to make her orgasm EVERY TIME. but i never go to the link, because im good at that... *looks around for crx chicks* *sadly walks away when he realizes theres only two that actually post*

rpr's Photo rpr 23 Apr 2009

Yes, I dealt with those users. I also added a patch that rate limits sending PM's to 1 every 5 minutes. The rate limit gets by-passed for admins, mods, and contributing members, so just one more reason to contribute if you haven't already... smile.gif

Hopefully that and the manual registration will keep most of the problems out.