Wtb Adjustable Cam Gear D15a3

• You cannot reply to this topic
8 replies to this topic

D Jaws II

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 87 CRX SI D15A3, 89 CRX Si B18A1, 89 Prelude B20A JDM, 91 CRX DX D15B2, 87 CRX HF with a D15A3 (pictured above) New 11/06: 1998 Civic EX JDM B16A to be new track car
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I've got a D15A3 with some work done to it. Thinking about getting a cam gear to help tune the thing. Anyone have one laying around or not using theirs, I'd be interested.

Thanks

Donnie

"YOU SHOULD NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE PREDICTABILITY OF STUPIDITY"

D Jaws II

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 87 CRX SI D15A3, 89 CRX Si B18A1, 89 Prelude B20A JDM, 91 CRX DX D15B2, 87 CRX HF with a D15A3 (pictured above) New 11/06: 1998 Civic EX JDM B16A to be new track car
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Anyone???

Donnie

JEM MotorSports

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: me up the wall
Megan Racing offers cam gears.
We offer them for $90. New in box.
You'll notice Megan Racing suggested retail $109.
Don't worry RPR got yo back. LOL

Megan Racing & I go back to when they started.
One of my shop cars is featured in their catologs.

There products are extremly affordable and surprisingly perform as good if not better than some top name brands.
There products are constantly being tested and reviewed in many tuner magazines.
I know several AE86 corolla guys love their products. TODA & DC header performance at a fraction of the cost. LOL!!!

Megan Racing Cam Gear Link

Shoot me an email at [email protected] if you are interested, I purchase from them regularly.... wink.gif
Oh 'n BTW, we accept PayPal...

D Jaws II

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Thanks for the link and offer. won't work, that is for a 2nd gen CRX, mines a 1st, different diameter gear.

Donnie

QUOTE (JEM MotorSports @ Oct 12 2007, 06:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Megan Racing offers cam gears.
We offer them for $90. New in box.
You'll notice Megan Racing suggested retail $109.
Don't worry RPR got yo back. LOL

Megan Racing & I go back to when they started.
One of my shop cars is featured in their catologs.

There products are extremly affordable and surprisingly perform as good if not better than some top name brands.
There products are constantly being tested and reviewed in many tuner magazines.
I know several AE86 corolla guys love their products. TODA & DC header performance at a fraction of the cost. LOL!!!

Megan Racing Cam Gear Link

Shoot me an email at [email protected] if you are interested, I purchase from them regularly.... wink.gif
Oh 'n BTW, we accept PayPal...

lxndr

• All work and no play makes LXNDR a dull boy. All work and no...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
If no one has a new/used cam gear laying around for your D15A3, you can always use an Accord/Prelude F22 adjustable cam gear. The F22 gear is a 40 tooth gear that bolts up to the EW/D15 and D16A1 motors, the only modification needed is to add a couple dots of paint on the gear to mark TDC. I was using Megan F22 adjustable cam gears on my D16A1 with no problems. BTW, AEM uses the same part number for for the EW/D15, D16A1 and F22 cam gears.

Edited by lxndr, 13 October 2007 - 12:48 AM.

D Jaws II

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (lxndr @ Oct 13 2007, 12:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If no one has a new/used cam gear laying around for your D15A3, you can always use an Accord/Prelude F22 adjustable cam gear. The F22 gear is a 40 tooth gear that bolts up to the EW/D15 and D16A1 motors, the only modification needed is to add a couple dots of paint on the gear to mark TDC. I was using Megan F22 adjustable cam gears on my D16A1 with no problems. BTW, AEM uses the same part number for for the EW/D15, D16A1 and F22 cam gears.

Thanks for that tip. It simply proves that even an old dog (me) can learn new tricks.

I will certainly do a search.

Donnie

Vicious

juliosavino has a thread in the FS with an adj. cam gear for the d15a3. it's a focuz cam gear though i was gonna get it but i'm looking for an aem cam gear fyi. i think he wants 50 + shipping

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Success is about standing out, not fitting in.

D Jaws II

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (Vicious @ Oct 13 2007, 12:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
juliosavino has a thread in the FS with an adj. cam gear for the d15a3. it's a focuz cam gear though i was gonna get it but i'm looking for an aem cam gear fyi. i think he wants 50 + shipping

Thanks Vicious for the heads up.

I'll check it out.

Donnie

JEM MotorSports

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: me up the wall
QUOTE (lxndr @ Oct 12 2007, 10:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was using Megan F22 adjustable cam gears on my D16A1 with no problems.

THANK YOU!!!
you just helped me prove a point.

last I checked this wasn't honda-tech,.. LOL!!! laugh.gif

the part may not be listed but I'm sure Megan has what you're looking for.

Edited by JEM MotorSports, 15 October 2007 - 04:35 AM.