Anybody Into Bmx?

• You cannot reply to this topic
27 replies to this topic

calmoc9

• C.E.L. 4-life
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 86 crx si. FINALLY PUT THE ZC IN!! turbo coming soon. 12 Titan Pro 4X, 07 Accord EX V6 6MT dd
    • Image Gallery
so im watching dave mirra do some tricks and i say to myself, "that looks really fun." now im wondering where to start. been looking for a bike and found a local shop that carries haro bikes. prolly gonna start there, but thought i would turn to you guys for advice (like akways). personal experiences and leads on used bikes welcome.

scott
"Why dont you just put a pussy on the front of that car? It takes more money than I do." - The Wife

vouch thread 1 2

QUOTE (kaymo @ Mar 2 2009, 02:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
sure its no ferrari, and its no pussy magnet

Old School CRX Swap

• Too Many Projects
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 86 Honda CRX Si with B16A, 92 Honda Civic Hatch With a GSR, 87 V8 4Runner, 72 Chevy Pickup SWB
well ive been into bmx bikes for a few years ive kinda stopped lately thought but it is really fun haro makes good bikes i have one only i got an s&m frame the haro dented real easily and is a little heavy a good website to buy bmx stuff is dans comp they sell everything from a complete bike to all the little stuff and last i new they have good prices

Edited by Old School CRX Swap, 18 September 2004 - 03:08 AM.

B18C Power One Of These Days
1/4 Mile Times With B16A This Summer For Sure!!!

15pSI

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 86 turbo si 87 4runner
been riding for bout 10 years. anything is good to start on as long as it fits you. kinda hardto do stuff on a bike thats too big or too small.

eastsiderider

• Function over form!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 91 Civic Standard Hatch (B16 powered), 02 Civic EX, 03 Civic Si R.I.P.
    • Image Gallery
I have a 21" DK General Lee. I built the bike from the ground up. I have probably almost $500 invested into it, its a great bike though. Im not much into park or vert. My main thing is dirt, love dirt. I have ridin a bit of street though. I took it to DC a couple of times.
SportInjectedClub

85c-rex

• For the Tenacious, no road is impassable
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1996 Nissan 200sx SE-R(DD), 1969 Ford Mustang (Hot Rod), 1985 Crx Dx (Dead)
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
i used to ride vert and dirt....(no rhyme intended) and i have a GT Tour 2 which is a heavy fat beast of a tank bike...and a specialized fatboy vegas, and they are both good bikes...
There are 3 goals when modding a car.
Cheap, Reliable, and Fast.
Now the down side. You only get to pick 2...
user posted image
Fact: A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have turned Emo.

Put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% who stayed gangster as $h!t.

Aren D.

• Save the pepper, save the world.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 1985 CRX SI/2003 Frontier SC/2006 Jetta TDI/2014 Civic SI
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I actully ride pretty often (but thats just to get to places to skate)... I have a super light weight 1995 red line, that has been modifed with a few goodys, like a 1 pice crank, metal petals, a hofman 3/4 axle front fork, hofman hand grips, a motoclye chain, and a few other things... I plan on painting it to match my car smile.gif

rileyescobar

• hating white people since 1982
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 86 crx dx(R.I.P.) 86 civic dx(under the knife) big things to come! 87 CRX HF(Devac'd and running like a champ!)
I've got a standard STA it's like 6 years old it's been through 3 owners (i bought it off my bro-in-law)and it doesn't have ONE dent,old standards are INDESTRUCTIBLE!!!!!! (and lifetime-warrantied) so,if you can find an old standard on like,Ebay or somethin' you'll never need a new frame again

BTW: haros are crap,they dent REALLY easily,and the welds on the rear triangle crack on EVERY one
just givin ya a headz up

Edited by rileyescobar, 19 September 2004 - 03:57 AM.

no,it isn't "too rusty"....now sweep it up,and let's talk price

Airgazm86

• Ungawa!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: '86 Std. hatchback, '06 Mitsu EVO IX SE, '15 Mitsu Lancer EVO X FE
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Hello,

I rode flatland on a Morales Freestyle frame for about 5 years but haven't ridden in a long time. A lot of my friends ride street and park and they prefer different brands or frames...Standard, Kink and FIT are a few I can think of and they have stood up to a lot of abuse biggrin.gif I'd agree with everyone who said Haro's are weak and tend to crack...many of my same friend used to own Haro's and destroyed them. Also, try www.staff-bmx.com and www.albes.com because they usually have a good selection of parts.

Edited by Airgazm86, 19 September 2004 - 04:16 PM.

DSMTimeline.jpg

I are Corey

• ...how dare you
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: 1987 Civic Si Hatchback
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
F bikes. I still skateboard. im not one to brag but im not too bad. haha to let ya know, bikers and skaterboarders never do get along. im not that kinda guy though. im not gonna hate ya cause you decide to bike.

as far as finding an ideal spot to practice, good luck. unless its your backyard you're gonna get kicked out everywhere.

<span style='color:red'>SportInjectedClub</span>

sleeperbeauty

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1994 Honda Civic CX 1495 Mini-me approx 150 hp. 1994 Honda Civic EX. Stock block, DC Header, GReddy catback, AEM Intake. approx 128 hp.
i started out with a mongoose from walmart for 90 bucks. it was a flatbed meaning about 2 inches longer than most 20 inch bmx bikes. just made for jumping farther. well, i jumped a little too far one day and busted my frame. then i gotta specialized i dont remember the model exactly but its for street. i like to dick aound with it every now and then. i just hate when the rusty chain snapped and i ended up at my doctors later that day cause i thought i busted my right ball in half.
'TOHC i-VTEC/II' in the works... call me a ricer, but i will be the king.

I dont know what the hell you just said little kid, but you special.

Omega Mugen

• Dug Diggler
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 87 CRX w/Si motor, 86 Civic DX Hatch, 2001 Prelude
Eastside and I are,

Have you ever been to Charm City Skatepark? I used to work there. They allow bikes too, but it's mainly built for skateboards.

I skateboard, so I don't know too much about bikes, but I can tell you this. After trying some of those bikers' bikes, it seems that weight doesn't matter. Those dudes have heavy-ass bikes.

Going to Hawaii? You need a Dune Buggy.

WTB: 14x8 or 9" Panasports or Watanabe RS.

WTB: 3g Civic hatch gauge cowl, brown.

WTB: ZC header--FOUND

I are Corey

• ...how dare you
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: 1987 Civic Si Hatchback
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
haha actually omega i ahve been there. i was there for the baker demo a LONG time ago when it was first built. i have only been there one time after that.

i dont go there alot cause its kinda far (not really) and cost money. i never have money so i skate around here.

<span style='color:red'>SportInjectedClub</span>

Omega Mugen

• Dug Diggler
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 87 CRX w/Si motor, 86 Civic DX Hatch, 2001 Prelude
OH yeah. The Baker demo. Everyone talked about that for a long time after. It must have been good. Landsdown will be opening again. The new and improved Lansdown. But it will cost money now! sad.gif The best skatepark in MD is Charles Co. Skatepark in Waldorf. That place is so fun. The legendary Fred Ellis AKA the CRX guru lives down there.

Charm City is much improved these days. Of course, there's also Vans in Woodbridge and FDR in Philly.

Edited by Omega Mugen, 19 September 2004 - 09:21 PM.

Going to Hawaii? You need a Dune Buggy.

WTB: 14x8 or 9" Panasports or Watanabe RS.

WTB: 3g Civic hatch gauge cowl, brown.

WTB: ZC header--FOUND

ChrisF-dude