Your Opinions On Tein Kit From Med. Pro?

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

poopshovel

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 87 Civic Si, 86 CRX Si w/turbo D16 in the works.
Our track-rat 86 CRX is LONG overdue for new dampers. The Tokicos in the rear are TRASHED as are the Koni yellows up front. We also need to move to coilovers on the rear vs. the progressive rate eibachs(?) we have on there now.

The TEIN kit (coilovers, springs, dampers) certainly seems like the "easy button," but I have zero experience with them.

Of course, we could have the kons up front rebuilt and get GC coilovers for the rear, but that still leaves us searching for rear dampers. They no longer make yellows for the rear, correct?

Your thoughts?

poopshovel

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 87 Civic Si, 86 CRX Si w/turbo D16 in the works.
PS: We're mainly running this car at AMP, and it's TERRIFYING right now; "pogo sticking" through 16 is no bueno :/

anjin

• redlinefever
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 83 crx - kakaburra,83 gen1 Noir, 87 EF7 Glasstop crx, 83 gen 1 rebuild replica mugen racecar
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage

Running tiens, no issues. Marcus had the rears revalved as part of the deal to suit the 650 spring rate I wanted. They are rebuildable which is a consideration as well.

anjin aka Ian

"I can't believe it - Ive just been passed by a sh!tbox"

1985 CRX SI

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1986 CRX si
    Garage View Garage
I have been looking at these for the rear:http://www.shockware...frMwaAkv28P8HAQ

Vicious

Just ordered my second set very happy with my first set

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Success is about standing out, not fitting in.