Tein Suspension Update

• You cannot reply to this topic
48 replies to this topic

Poll: What rear spring rate do you have or want to run? (93 member(s) have cast votes)

What rear spring rate do you have or want to run?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

87MugenProCR-X

• Just Drive...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 84 Honda CRX, 94 Honda Civic 4dr, 95 Volvo 850 Turbo Wgn, 91 Mazda Miata
This is a really tough question. Although i would venture to say 450lbs i also dont think a 450 lb spring is very comfortable. My 350's are already plenty stiff and sometimes make me hate driving on the street. 300 or less would probably be better blending comfort and handling. Just my opinion.

Julian

MrDisibility

• Heeltoe Auto Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Vendors
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (87MugenProCR-X @ Apr 3 2006, 05:19 AM)
This is a really tough question. Although i would venture to say 450lbs i also dont think a 450 lb spring is very comfortable. My 350's are already plenty stiff and sometimes make me hate driving on the street. 300 or less would probably be better blending comfort and handling. Just my opinion.

Julian

See we have such a mix of people here....some are street drivers and some actually compete....What can we do to really split the difference?

cirrux

• a work in progress
  • PipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 87 CRX 1.6i-16
Is there no way they would make one option for street use, and one option for the track? that way people could buy accordingly, depending on what their needs are?

IfTakumiDroveACRX

• Can't stop the greatness in motion....just you wait...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 85 crx Si two-tone black/grey, 72 Datsun 510 with an experimental rotary swap (the engine is a 12a and 13b hybrid), Infiniti G35 sedan on air suspension rolling on 19" G-Corp's Estatus wheels and various Garson/D.A.D accessories
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (cirrux @ Apr 3 2006, 12:25 PM)
Is there no way they would make one option for street use, and one option for the track? that way people could buy accordingly, depending on what their needs are?

here's his response on the other thread......

QUOTE (MrDisibility @ Apr 2 2006, 12:18 AM)
All in all, if your dampening needs fall outside that range, custom valving is availble at a reasonable extra charge.

That should pretty much cover it! wink.gif
user posted image
www.implicit-autosports.com - Proud Distributors of Monkeyz-Tek Performance Parts

cirrux

• a work in progress
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 87 CRX 1.6i-16
oh i see, thanks wink.gif

cburnscrx

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 87 Honda CRX Si, 93 Honda Prelude VTEC, 92 Chevy Cheyenne 1500 WT, 96 GMC Suburban SLT 4x4, 98 Acura CL 2.3, 06 Nissan Altima 3.5 SL, 09 Maxima SV, 09 Acura TSX 2.4
Just my $.02 but I just drive on the street, so anything that would be a comfortable ride with more performance would be great. I am thinking something like 300 or less would be good. Heck, the stock 250 would be perfect.

MrDisibility

• Heeltoe Auto Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Vendors
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (cburnscrx @ Apr 3 2006, 06:38 PM)
Just my $.02 but I just drive on the street, so anything that would be a comfortable ride with more performance would be great. I am thinking something like 300 or less would be good. Heck, the stock 250 would be perfect.

Ah ok! So stock is 250?

Marcus

IfTakumiDroveACRX

• PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 85 crx Si two-tone black/grey, 72 Datsun 510 with an experimental rotary swap (the engine is a 12a and 13b hybrid), Infiniti G35 sedan on air suspension rolling on 19" G-Corp's Estatus wheels and various Garson/D.A.D accessories
    • Image Gallery
Is that stock? I thought I had heard it was in the low 100's ...... hmmmm.... that's news to me biggrin.gif
user posted image
www.implicit-autosports.com - Proud Distributors of Monkeyz-Tek Performance Parts

lopezi

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 Honda CRX Si, 2000 Honda CBR 600 F4, 2002 Toyota Tundra SR5 (RIP), 2002 Nissan Maxima SE
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (IfTakumiDroveACRX @ Apr 3 2006, 02:03 PM)
Is that stock? I thought I had heard it was in the low 100's ...... hmmmm.... that's news to me  biggrin.gif

I had thought stock was 190?

Don't believe the hype....Firefox Myths
Why Google is not all that....

E-AT_me

• go ahead. eat me..
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 Civic Si, 1991 Civic Si, 2001 Saab 9-3, 2007 Saab 9-3 Aero, 2003 Honda Pilot, 2009 Ducati Monster 696
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (lopezi @ Apr 3 2006, 04:38 PM)
QUOTE (IfTakumiDroveACRX @ Apr 3 2006, 02:03 PM)
Is that stock? I thought I had heard it was in the low 100's ...... hmmmm.... that's news to me  biggrin.gif

I had thought stock was 190?

i thought it was around 190 too.. def. not 250..
1986 Civic Si; b16a is in.. just gotta get it running..
longest swap ever..... :(

IfTakumiDroveACRX

• PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (E-AT_me @ Apr 3 2006, 04:39 PM)
i thought it was around 190 too.. def. not 250..

Yeah that sounds more like it! wink.gif
user posted image

Ghost-One

• the only Moderator who can fight MONSTERS
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Moderators
stock has the spring rate of warm butter

specialTEG

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: integra 88 ls-se
stock is no where near 200..u can push down on it kinda.. my 200lb gc spring doesnt really budge compared to the stock ones

IfTakumiDroveACRX

• PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
so maybe my original thoughts of 98 or low 100's is right? blink.gif
user posted image

Ghost-One

• the only Moderator who can fight MONSTERS
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Moderators
i can compress stock with a single hand