1G Crx/3G Civic Parts You'd Love To See Produced?

• You cannot reply to this topic
37 replies to this topic

CSPCRX

Thought of another one. Rear alignment shims using thin metal shims in various thicknesses.

Victor
86 K24 Powered CRX SI (SMF Solo2, HPDE-4 NASA & TA-A Time Attack

85 CRX DX totally original
07 Harley FXST Softail

2021 Tacoma Tow/Daily

niccer

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: '87 Civic Si, '11 F150 Ecoboost

Thanks again for all the input. A lot of the items you guys have posted are things I hadn't considered...especially being in the land of 100% rust-free cars!

Our first goal is to grab the "low-hanging-fruit," and the window trim is one of those things I'd never considered.

In talking to fellow enthusiasts, hubs also seem to be unobtanium(?)

In the meantime, the website recently went live, and we've printed a ton of shirts and beer coozies to help fund the R&D. Please support our sickness! :P

hongnorr.com

We're also (per CRXer87hf's suggestion) working on getting an RPR meet at AMP set up for this year. Our buddies two garages down have been begging us to buy/build a spec miata. We have instead (in conjuction with them) been working on creating a new points series for smaller displacement cars.

Will keep y'all updated!!!

Ordered a shirt. 

Sounds great, let us know about the AMP event when you get things ironed out. 

poopshovel

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 87 Civic Si, 86 CRX Si w/turbo D16 in the works.

Thanks SOOOOO MUCH guys.

We're looking at all these options and trying to figure out where to start. My brother will be up Valentine's day weekend. Our number one priority is to organize/prioritize what will sell well immediately, and figuring out the "Low hanging fruit" items that we can get up for sale quickly. When we get a solid list together, I'll post it here for opinions.

Also, had a great conversation with Tim Smith (Drives my old auto-x civic; the Tinsley car) and is setting up Auto-x Atlanta. Were helping out by purchasing all their cones for this season. Anyway, he had some great ideas as well, and also mentioned that perhaps I should mention here that we're not trying to step on anyone's (specifically CheddaJ's) toes. We're only interested in developing items that don't already exist!

Speaking of: Do you guys have interest in a plug & play ECU from DIYautotune? We'd need to commit to 10, and they ain't cheap! (around $800 retail.) We'd need to commit to 10, so I'm gauging interest.

THANKS AGAIN!

Mike

hongnorr.com

niccer

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip

Can you elaborate on the ECU?  What are the gains over stock? 

CRXer87hf

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 1987 Honda CRX HF, 1985 Honda CRX SI, 2003 Land Rover Disco
    Garage View Garage

Thanks again for all the input. A lot of the items you guys have posted are things I hadn't considered...especially being in the land of 100% rust-free cars!

Our first goal is to grab the "low-hanging-fruit," and the window trim is one of those things I'd never considered.

In talking to fellow enthusiasts, hubs also seem to be unobtanium(?)

In the meantime, the website recently went live, and we've printed a ton of shirts and beer coozies to help fund the R&D. Please support our sickness! :P

hongnorr.com

We're also (per CRXer87hf's suggestion) working on getting an RPR meet at AMP set up for this year. Our buddies two garages down have been begging us to buy/build a spec miata. We have instead (in conjuction with them) been working on creating a new points series for smaller displacement cars.

Will keep y'all updated!!!

Well I'm sold!  So glad you guys are local.  It's pretty lonely being a 1G owner in the Southeast.  I look forward to hearing more about your RPR meet.  I'll be there for sure!

Yes, please share on your ideas concerning the ECUs.  

Build thread: "Skittle 2.0" - http://www.redpepper...l=&fromsearch=1
Build thread 2: "Red Daily"http://www.redpepper...topic=55687&hl=

My Classic Honda Blog - http://genone-blog.blogspot.com/

Road & Track magazine: "When they get around to listing the top good-time inventions of the late 20th century, we're willing to bet that right up there with the hang gliders, ultra lights, sailboards and jet skis you'll find the Honda Civic CRX. And we're willing to bet that the CRX won't be at the bottom of the short list--particularly if the CRX in question is an Si."

squareback

• Nothing's stock at this house . . .
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 90 Civic Si, 89 Civic Si, 16 Pilot, 13 Ruckus
    • Image Gallery

Well I'm sold!  So glad you guys are local.  It's pretty lonely being a 1G owner in the Southeast.  I look forward to hearing more about your RPR meet.  I'll be there for sure!

If you end up getting the car you're trying to get, you need to spend some time talking with Tim Smith, who poopshovel mentioned. Reigning E Prepared national champ in his 86 Civic.
No power . . . no weight

staticchmbr

• Work in progress
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 2x crx in the rust graveyard, 87 crx si (building), 2004 wrx
    Garage View Garage
I know it'll probably be impossible, but how about the 86-87 crx si black door/fender/side skirt trim or just the plastic pins/clips that hold them on. The clips disintegrate.. I know a lot of people need the clips.. Crx and civic alike.
The trim that runs through the middle of the car DSC_0027-1.jpg
valvecover.gif
87 crx si (in pieces)
If you don't live for something, you'll die for nothing.

CRXer87hf

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage

If you end up getting the car you're trying to get, you need to spend some time talking with Tim Smith, who poopshovel mentioned. Reigning E Prepared national champ in his 86 Civic.

Excellent!  Thanks for the tip!  

Road & Track magazine: "When they get around to listing the top good-time inventions of the late 20th century, we're willing to bet that right up there with the hang gliders, ultra lights, sailboards and jet skis you'll find the Honda Civic CRX. And we're willing to bet that the CRX won't be at the bottom of the short list--particularly if the CRX in question is an Si."

Tetas

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Drives: 1987 Civic Si, 1978 MB 240D

+1 on rear alignment shims

+1 on trim that runs the length of the car

Maybe a front lip & rear spoiler? Only one i can seem to find is Osaka JDM

"cold air" intake

Headers

Does anyone know why everyone continues to make parts for 88-∞ but not pre-88's? It rattles my brain

niccer

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Does anyone know why everyone continues to make parts for 88-∞ but not pre-88's? It rattles my brain

Umm, probably because pre '88 uses an antiquated ignition and suspension setup that no large manufacturer can justify spending money on creating or keeping parts on their shelves. 

CSPCRX

+1 on the SI one piece front lip. If it was being remade the could be made a bit longer, would look nice.

Victor
86 K24 Powered CRX SI (SMF Solo2, HPDE-4 NASA & TA-A Time Attack

85 CRX DX totally original
07 Harley FXST Softail

2021 Tacoma Tow/Daily

CRXer87hf

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage

I know it's been cold an nasty ( well, compared to the usual weather we get ) lately, but I'm excited about the possibility of a Southeast RPR member meet at AMP!  Let us know if you need help organizing it.

Tetas

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Drives: 1987 Civic Si, 1978 MB 240D

Any updates on this? I'd love to be able to go out and just buy the parts I need rather than scouring every corner of the internet for used or NOS parts. 

More suggestions:

Engine/Trans mounts. I can't find anything between Chinese crap & Poly

+1 on Window & Door seals/trim

Elaborate on the ECU, I think you could get at least 10 sold.

PuddleSkipper

• Ecomodder/Hypermiler
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 87 Civic Si, 89 Civic LX, 00 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 84 Civic 1500S (R.I.P.), 85 Wagovan (R.I.P.), 84 Civic GL (R.I.P.)

Plastic parts for the front and rear wiper and those rubber washers for the fenders would probably be a good idea. Oh, and since we're throwing spoilers in the mix I'd like to toss in that I want a center arm rest with a cup holder on it :)

niccer

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip

Good meeting you yesterday Mike, impressive space!  Did you manage the 1:09?