• You cannot reply to this topic
6 replies to this topic

vervepipes

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: '84 CRX
discussion

hey, on the explorer forum i belong to (after all, i dont even own a honda anymore!) people have been talking about hydrogen cells, seem easy to make but people are unsure what to use as electrolite, cathode and anode. more minds = better understanding (hopefully) of the topic at hand. i'm going to try it out on my 300$ saturn beater, just not soon because its already freezing time here, unless i hook up a battery blanket around the cell....

thoughts anybody??

1986CREX

• 4x4Mech
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1982 Jeep CJ-5: 4.2L I6, 4-speed, lifted, 31"x10.50" Goodyear Wrangler AT/D2's; 1986 CRX (former SCCA car)
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (vervepipes @ Oct 5 2005, 05:38 PM)
discussion

hey, on the explorer forum i belong to (after all, i dont even own a honda anymore!) people have been talking about hydrogen cells, seem easy to make but people are unsure what to use as electrolite, cathode and anode.  more minds = better understanding (hopefully) of the topic at hand. i'm going to try it out on my 300$ saturn beater, just not soon because its already freezing time here, unless i hook up a battery blanket around the cell....

thoughts anybody??

I'd love to see this work... I'm not saying I don't believe it.... I'm saying it would make life easier for alot of people.... if I had the time, the money, and the spare vehicle, I'd be all for this.
QUOTE(Omega Mugen @ Sep 18 2005, 08:29 PM)
...I have a bung, so all we need is a bunghole and were in business....

View Post

user posted image

Ryland

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: '85 Cr-X HF (Stock), '84 Civic DX (totaled) '92 Civic VX (Stock) Honda cb350, Honda cl100.
    • Image Gallery
from everything that I have read, your alternator can not produce enough electricity to give your engine enough of an added boost to overcome the extra drage of the extream load you would have to put on the alternator... it's sort of like putting a wind turbine/generator on a bicycle, to help you go faster... simple laws of physices, sure laws are ment to be broken, but hydrogen doesn't burn enough faster in the combustion chamber, and not enough extra o2 is being produced to give you any sort of boost.

EuphoricBlue

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
QUOTE (Ryland @ Oct 7 2005, 10:48 PM)
from everything that I have read, your alternator can not produce enough electricity to give your engine enough of an added boost to overcome the extra drage of the extream load you would have to put on the alternator... it's sort of like putting a wind turbine/generator on a bicycle, to help you go faster... simple laws of physices, sure laws are ment to be broken, but hydrogen doesn't burn enough faster in the combustion chamber, and not enough extra o2 is being produced to give you any sort of boost.

You must have missed this article, http://www.spiritofm...arplans_doc.htm It was likned on the discusion bord near the begining.

I'm not sure how reputable this is. But according to this, the unit draws 1-5 amps, and produces enough hydrogen from the water to replace gasoline entierly. Also, everyone on the board seems to be talking abbout vacume, but the article claims you should be acieving 30-60 PSI of pressure in the reaction chamber. (Where water is broken down into Hydrogen and Oxigen)

Actually, I'm curyouse to test it out...

A lot of the people seem to talk abbout putting to electrodes into the water and then running wires from the battery to them, but the article states a pulse is used to excite the particles into seperation which seems more resonable than just plain pluging in a DC current to flow through the water.

I am not really that interested in physics, but I would like to try to get one of these hydrogen production tanks to work and see if it really can provide a sufficient flow of Hydrogen to create a usable combustion.

One way or the next, it's an interesting read...

ChrisF-dude