Please Close This Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
139 replies to this topic

C8V6C

NEW THREAD!!!

http://www.redpepper...showtopic=41976

PLEASE CLOSE THIS ONE

EDIT......I think we have all decided on the dates of Friday 03/20/09 to Sunday 03/22/09

Once we have more of the details on the trip set in stone, we can make a new thread and lose all confusion

I know we kind of threw some ideas around a long while ago, but we never really tried to put something in place....I am guilty of forgetting about it.

Vegas would be a great weekend away for most of you guys, so you would definitely have more than a day or two to do stuff if you planned it right...

But what I figured we could do is setup a meet for a Sunday in the future, sometime in the next few months when everyone is able to work it in their schedules...and most of you guys could arrive Friday or Saturday or something and spend the weekend here.

We could do a BBQ or something in a nice park....we have a few around here. Photo shoot op? Not sure if we have any photographers here or not...

Just put some ideas and interest together....then we can try to piece something up.

What do ya think?

844b096b-9fda-4214-b621-217bc4a6dce1.jpg

rinnaye

• 3G'ist
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1986 Si-R-Spec & 2005 Tacoma
QUOTE (C8V6C @ Oct 9 2008, 01:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know we kind of threw some ideas around a long while ago, but we never really tried to put something in place....I am guilty of forgetting about it.

Vegas would be a great weekend away for most of you guys, so you would definitely have more than a day or two to do stuff if you planned it right...

But what I figured we could do is setup a meet for a Sunday in the future, sometime in the next few months when everyone is able to work it in their schedules...and most of you guys could arrive Friday or Saturday or something and spend the weekend here.

We could do a BBQ or something in a nice park....we have a few around here. Photo shoot op? Not sure if we have any photographers here or not...

Just put some ideas and interest together....then we can try to piece something up.

What do ya think?
A Vegas meet sounds like a teriffic idea!

I love Las Vegas!!!

Not sure just how professional a photographer you may have in mind, but if nothing else, I'll be sure to at least bring my trusty digital to take a few amateur shots. Also, I'd be interested in doing whatever leg work needed to make this meet happen, even from where I am here in the L.A. area.

Rene

C8V6C

Yeah, I am not the best photographer either, but I think I can take decent pictures...which I don't mind doing at all if/when everyone is here.

We just have to gain some attention and interest, and I am confident we can come up with a nice gameplan in the near future.

I have 2-3 friends out here with 1st/3rd gens, so it seems like we would have 4-5 people already, but if we could get at least 10 cars, I think it would be pretty sucessful.

Any other ideas? Suggestions?

rinnaye

• 3G'ist
  • PipPipPip
QUOTE (C8V6C @ Oct 11 2008, 09:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, I am not the best photographer either, but I think I can take decent pictures...which I don't mind doing at all if/when everyone is here.

We just have to gain some attention and interest, and I am confident we can come up with a nice gameplan in the near future.

I have 2-3 friends out here with 1st/3rd gens, so it seems like we would have 4-5 people already, but if we could get at least 10 cars, I think it would be pretty sucessful.

Any other ideas? Suggestions?
We'll need to address the overnight accomodations too at some point in the preplanning process. Also, I believe I saw a race track way north of the city on L.V. Blvd. I think. Is there some way we could plan our event to coincide with whatever may be going on at that venue, as a main, or extra added attraction?

C8V6C

That is a very good idea. All the events are usually held on Friday nights....so then you guys could have all Saturday to yourselves, and we can meetup Sunday morning/afternoon again, and then off ya go!

They usually have drag events...I am not familiar with the autoX schedule since it isnt my cup of tea, but I would still be down to go watch

rinnaye

• 3G'ist
  • PipPipPip
QUOTE (C8V6C @ Oct 12 2008, 11:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That is a very good idea. All the events are usually held on Friday nights....so then you guys could have all Saturday to yourselves, and we can meetup Sunday morning/afternoon again, and then off ya go!

They usually have drag events...I am not familiar with the autoX schedule since it isnt my cup of tea, but I would still be down to go watch

So that was a public raceway I saw on the far reaching outskirts of town, and they hold Friday night events. Great!

It would be nice if everyone could drive into Vegas on Friday, and meet at the track that evening, then have Saturday afternoon to do whatever, and Saturday night as a sort of boys night out, you know, maybe hit The Palms, or any other hot spot for that evening, and then have a picnic meet in a park on Sunday, just before everyone hits the road for home.

Sounds like that could be a pretty decent outline of events. What do ya think?

C8V6C

I like that idea...the last track meet of the year for drag racing is 12.12.08. The entrance is only $5, and the entrance to race is only $10. I think it would be awesome to roll through in a small pack if everyone wanted to race, or at least be able to hang out together.

Is that too soon? That is two months notice, or we can set it up for next year, but usually the first open is around Feb-March.

So we have a plan, now we need to get people interested and excited lol

rinnaye

• 3G'ist
  • PipPipPip
QUOTE (C8V6C @ Oct 13 2008, 11:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I like that idea...the last track meet of the year for drag racing is 12.12.08. The entrance is only $5, and the entrance to race is only $10. I think it would be awesome to roll through in a small pack if everyone wanted to race, or at least be able to hang out together.

Is that too soon? That is two months notice, or we can set it up for next year, but usually the first open is around Feb-March.

So we have a plan, now we need to get people interested and excited lol
Well, at least I'm interested, and excited, and I'm sure the same can be said for you.

Not sure If this December is too soon, and with it being the holidays, I wouldn't think too many will be able to break away from other commitments, so we can either take a poll to see what others may think, or just plan something a little later, in the Feb/March time frame.

Thanks.

C8V6C

should we post it up in gen discussion so we can get more feedback? I'm down for whatever

rinnaye

• 3G'ist
  • PipPipPip
QUOTE (C8V6C @ Oct 13 2008, 04:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
should we post it up in gen discussion so we can get more feedback? I'm down for whatever
We may want to leave it in this part of the forum for now, and keep bumping it up, to see who else becomes interested, then maybe later see if it will be appropriate to post a similar thread in the general discussion for more exposure if needed, but only after we get approval, and or instructions from Mod/Web Master on what to do to bring more attention to this meet.

Rene

C8V6C

Ok, you probably know some people from CA...you want to PM them and see if they are interested? Perhaps ask them to post in this thread so we can keep the ideas together...

Now that I am thinking about it, 2mo notice maybe short due to the holidays....But I wont have an exact time for the next track open until Dec/Jan. So I guess our goal is just to gain interest right now, then we can land an exact date in the next few weeks

rinnaye

• 3G'ist
  • PipPipPip
QUOTE (C8V6C @ Oct 14 2008, 11:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok, you probably know some people from CA...you want to PM them and see if they are interested? Perhaps ask them to post in this thread so we can keep the ideas together...

Now that I am thinking about it, 2mo notice maybe short due to the holidays....But I wont have an exact time for the next track open until Dec/Jan. So I guess our goal is just to gain interest right now, then we can land an exact date in the next few weeks
Sure, I'll go ahead, and PM the members I know, and see if I can drum up interest. Meanwhile, we'll just keep bumping this thread.

C8V6C

QUOTE (rinnaye @ Oct 14 2008, 05:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
we'll just keep bumping this thread.

smile.gif

NO SHOES

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1987 CRX
sure lets do it..bro

TribalHatch

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1986 Honda CiviC SI
MOST PPL DONT EVEN KNOW BUT THERE IS A 1G CRX IN VEGAS WIT A B16 IN IT .......SORRY NO SHOES I HOPE IT COULD BE U BUT YEA ITS NOT ITS SERGIO....NOT A MEMEBER OF RPR BUT

YES

3 CARS IN VEGAS THAT ARE B SWAPS IN 1G/3G ALONE!

AND A 255,000 MILE CRX ON THE STOCK MOTOR.....HAHA NO SHOES I GOT UR BACK

COME ON PPL I NKOW U WANT TO GO VEGAS

WHY NOT COME WIT UR CAR AND MAKE A ROAD TRIP TO REMEMBER????

LETS MAKE THIS HAPPEN