• You cannot reply to this topic
10 replies to this topic

crxls

• corvette contender
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: your car if i find the keys
    • Image Gallery
anyone know if i buy a carfax, will it tell me if there is a lien on the vehicle im checking on?

also, anyone here have a carfax subscription?

got a 2003 quad cab dodge ram 3500 dually "big horn edition" fully loaded with the 24 valve cummins and every factory and aftermarket option possible and now the seller is "procrastinating" on handing over title. im thinking the seller is crooked
When I die, i want to go asleep peaceful.......... not screaming and freaking out like everyone else in the car

"i left the bar a little after you and ended up flipping my car in the arbys drive thru"

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Dec 10 2008, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Another loser who can not get traction. I feel sorry for him.

IM A LOSER!!! my car pulls harder when spinning than any "highly modified" EW

Team BUrnOUt founding member

TexanIdiot25

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1969 CST10, 1987 CRX HF
Yes it does. It gives a history of it's registration, mileage at registration, emissions, liens, etc etc. Though, mine didn't give any super detailed info, like PO names/addresses, but it thorough.

crxls

• corvette contender
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
nevermind. i just found the florida dmv site and it gave me all the info i was looking for and then some.

it appears that the previous owner does have a lien on the truck. i have the info for the lien holder and will be calling them first thing in the morning to see what can be done. me and my dad have the truck in our possession and bill of sale/purchase agreement from the seller

the seller seemed way eager to unload the truck for less than half what it's worth... this explains it

any helpful suggestions here?
When I die, i want to go asleep peaceful.......... not screaming and freaking out like everyone else in the car

"i left the bar a little after you and ended up flipping my car in the arbys drive thru"

EuphoricBlue

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
How did you pay for this truck? I'd be contacting the seller about this. Also, I'd be looking into putting a hold on the payment or reversing it, if possible. Because, regardless of the paperwork, you won't be able to transfer the vehicle to your name until the lien is cleared. If the owner gives you any trouble I'd be filing a police report as he had no right to sell you the vehicle and in effect he'd be steeling your money if he refuses to return it or clear the lien.

It's possible he's selling the truck for the value of the lien and paying it back, but that's the kind of info he's supposed to disclose up front. Because the lien won't clear faster than you can walk to the DMV to transfer titles.

It really sounds like the seller's either clueless of the proper procedure or he's trying to swing something.

crxls

• corvette contender
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
ok, i just talked to the lien holder. he said that this guy committed a federal crime with what he did. he couldnt give me specific details on the loan but gave me vague answers.

here's the situation. the seller worked at a used car dealer in sarasota florida. he had this truck and it's title. hit hard times and turned over the title to his employer for a loan. he then left the state and they havnt heard from him since. he hasnt made 1 payment yet since february of 2009.

what the lien holder could tell me is that he hasnt been able to get in contact with the seller since the transaction and that the seller owes him less than what we owe the seller. he also said that he just wants whats owed to him.

the lien holder said to send him a copy of the purchase agreement, receipt's and checks and he is filing for a reposession of the truck and then putting it into our name. payments will be made to the lease holder and after his balance is paid he will then give the remaining balance to the seller since thats his profit anyway. so basically the way it looks on paper is that the lien holder is reposessing the truck from the seller and then selling it to us. we pay the asking price, lien holder gets his money back and seller gets the profit thats rightfully his. everyone wins.... well, nobody loses anyway.

TexanIdiot25

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1969 CST10, 1987 CRX HF
That's why I avoid any titleless vehicles..

Gabe87CRX

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 87 CRX Si 1.5 Fi
Kinda your own headache for purchasing the truck without the title in hand... but if it all works out. good stuff.
87 CRX Si FI.
5 Speed.

crxls

• corvette contender
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (Gabe87CRX @ May 18 2010, 08:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Kinda your own headache for purchasing the truck without the title in hand... but if it all works out. good stuff.

haha. the purchase price was $9200 and the truck is valued at $23,000 or more, so with the truck in our posession and the bill of sale there's no way we could have gotten screwed over. hell, if it came down to it, just the motor alone would bring in nearly the purchase price if i was forced to part it out. yeah, i would have even bought the truck for that price without a title.

1stgenfan

• Lando is my friend
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 87 crx si (donor car), and 85 crx hf (project), 91 mitsubishi 3000gt
hopefully this all works out for you in the end. on another forum i frequent a guy just got screwed over hard on a similar situation, where he got a bill of sale and the vehicle, but in the end its now going to court and the car got repossesed. not saying that will happen to you, sounds like your going to make out a bit better. its just an extra hassle when a lean is involved. if you want i can dig up more info on the other guys case, its similar but slightly different too.
QUOTE (RARECRX @ Nov 4 2008, 03:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have taken the $300 John Force drag racing Course . Now I know what the champions do thus making me, in sense, a champion.

crxls

• corvette contender
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (1stgenfan @ May 19 2010, 08:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hopefully this all works out for you in the end. on another forum i frequent a guy just got screwed over hard on a similar situation, where he got a bill of sale and the vehicle, but in the end its now going to court and the car got repossesed. not saying that will happen to you, sounds like your going to make out a bit better. its just an extra hassle when a lean is involved. if you want i can dig up more info on the other guys case, its similar but slightly different too.

im definitely interested in a link to this story. it might have info that can help me or vice versa. as far as being reposessed, thats not happening here. the lean holder told us to hide the vehicle from the seller so he cant come and get it. if we hide it from the seller then it's pretty much really well hidden from the lein holder thats a 24 hour drive away also. this guy really just wants the loan transfered to our name so he can get paid.

1stgenfan

• Lando is my friend
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 87 crx si (donor car), and 85 crx hf (project), 91 mitsubishi 3000gt
QUOTE (crxls @ May 19 2010, 10:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
im definitely interested in a link to this story. it might have info that can help me or vice versa. as far as being reposessed, thats not happening here. the lean holder told us to hide the vehicle from the seller so he cant come and get it. if we hide it from the seller then it's pretty much really well hidden from the lein holder thats a 24 hour drive away also. this guy really just wants the loan transfered to our name so he can get paid.

the story is off a website were you have to be a member to be able to see it, but i will either take screen shots or grab the more important posts or something for you, or if you want you can sign up for it too. its based off an ongoing case in ontario canada, so it might be a bit different than how things go in the states, im not sure how different the rules are between the two countries. it also has a bit extra drama because the guy tried pulling some bullshit on whos name the car is under, but the main thing was that a guy baught a car with a lien, and has now paid 4000 or so for a car, and it has a 10000 lean on it, that he is now faced with, depending on how the court case goes. i believe that up here in canada that the lien goes with the car, so if you buy a car with a lien you have to get lien cleared before you can use it, but i may be mistaken because i have never had to deal with it.
the site can be found here: www.dorikaze.net
the thread can be found here: http://www.dorikaze....ead.php?t=30721

i have to go now, but ill try and get you a condensed version of what happened later.

QUOTE (RARECRX @ Nov 4 2008, 03:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have taken the $300 John Force drag racing Course . Now I know what the champions do thus making me, in sense, a champion.