A20A1's Content

There have been 1 items by A20A1 (Search limited from 11-May 23)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#256016 13 Psi Blow Through Carb

Posted by A20A1 on 16 May 2006 - 08:38 PM in Carbs

QUOTE (iceracercrx @ Aug 5 2005, 02:52 PM)
QUOTE (zakats @ Aug 4 2005, 06:30 PM)
I think eldo did use a box on top of his carb...

I heard that putting a box around the whole carb is better. I don't know.

Randy

I dunno if you need a box
I think that is only if the throttle seals are bad. But if you can seal the carb up tight then you wont have problems.

It might make things easier.

As for running a throttle cable inside a box, that may pose a problem because of the space between the cable and the cable shaft can leak, you'll end up with a hiss by your pedal assembly. I think you need a solid rod and o-rings and what not, to pass thru the wall of the box and reach the carb... or you may be able to get away with removing more of the throttle shaft and just passing the cable thru the box wall... you'd need to make sure the cable pull is always in a straight line. put some orings over the cable and hold it in place with washers. But then you need a way of tightening the washers to the box. laugh.gif

QUOTE (iceracercrx @ Aug 7 2005, 08:10 AM)
QUOTE (zakats @ Aug 5 2005, 09:28 PM)
then how would you actuate the throttle?  build it right the first time and not mess with it anymore

Some crazy bearing and linkage. Bellcrank is the word they used. Maxium Boost by Corky Bell talks about all the different ways of turbocharging a carb setup. Great book!!!. I may build a FI setup it all depends on the money situation. I can go either way. Got to go I'm building my head and work on the manifold that I got from the junk yard.

Randy

So they extendind the throttle shaft to be outside the box?

anyways

I was more interested in the progress of turboing the stock keihin... though my 2bbl keihin (89 Accord) doesn't allow me to just unscrew the jets, no slot. I tried needle nose pliers but the brass just shaves off and I end up with nothing to grab onto.