Zc Swap

• You cannot reply to this topic
7 replies to this topic

sinezter

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 89 civic hatch
hi, i have a 86 civic, and i also have a jdm dohc zc black top V2. i plan on putting the V2 in the civic, but nobody realy talks about that swap. is it the same as the brown top swap?

thanks for any help

toxicshit

is it a real ZC1AS engine ? because ive had a few and in EDM land they came with a brouwn top valve cover.

1. EDM 1986 Honda CRX AS - B16A1 engine - OBD1 - Turbo - Stitch welded chassis.
2. EDM 2001 Lexus IS300 3.0 RWD - Daily Drive
cr-x.jpg

sinezter

• Granny
  • Pip
uhmm, i just know it came in the jdm 89-91 ef. its a real black top, with 8 valvecover studs and with the honda simbol on the front of the valve cover, comes with like 140hp... i have one of these in my 89 civic hatch, it was a dirrect bolt in. so im wordering if i could get this one to fit in the 86 with a integra tranny. and what kind of problems would i run into

Computer

• Brian spilner racing team
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 86 CRX DX, 03 MT IS300
    Garage View Garage
Go read the D16Z6 writeup, it would basically be the exact same thing since they use the same transmissions. Yeah you can use the integra transmission, that would be the best choice.

86 crx

sinezter

• Granny
  • Pip
cool, thanks man

toxicshit

ah okay its a newer generation engine wink.gif diddnt see it before. i have had a few 1986 ZC1AS engines ( ZC engine ) and the engine code was ZC1AS and then a number.. newer engines used the D16xxx etc.

1. EDM 1986 Honda CRX AS - B16A1 engine - OBD1 - Turbo - Stitch welded chassis.
2. EDM 2001 Lexus IS300 3.0 RWD - Daily Drive
cr-x.jpg

strudel

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 2009 AUDI TT 3.2L, Project Teg powered Austin Mini Van
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (CRXfanatic @ Feb 10 2004, 09:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The 86-89 teg tranny bolts to the D16 blocks (or at least 4/5 bolts), so that takes care of 3/4 of the mounts and axles. And there are threaded holes in the same area as the EWs for the driver's side mount that likely would not take much modding to the original mount to use. Wiring, IMO, is the big issue with the swap.

Here is some information you might be interested in. You would have to search a bit more for better info. Motor mounts I suspect would be the greatest issue as the G2 Civic/CRX engine will have a mount on the timing side of the engine whereas the G1's have them mounted on the front. I also agree with the electrical comment. I can't give you any more insight than that. JS

If you want one of these Logos send me a PM

aan.jpg

Austin Mini Van with DOHC Honda HP
http://www.angelfire.com/droid/strudel
Honda reliability and power combined with Mini cachet and style.

mesean13

• Ohne Scheiss.Somewhere in Germany.
  • PipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 87'civicsi (ZC1)
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
The blacktop us is the same as the euro d16a8/9 or z5 with electronic advance, the zc1 is the same as the 86-87 d16a1 vacuum advance. No the electronics are not the same and the motor mount points are different.
This is some good basic swap info:
ff-squad
http://www.redpepper...D_and_B_Engines
Think before you speak, learn before you think, listen so that you may learn to think before speaking a bunch of shit!

No fried rice please!