Dodge Srt-4

• You cannot reply to this topic
41 replies to this topic

rexsk8er

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: '86 CRX d16a1 hf (RIP), '86 civic hatch ls (DD)
    • Image Gallery
HAHAHAHA yeah the guy with the orange srt-4 well needless to say he doesnt drive it daily. His daily beater is an 88 accord LX 4dr.

Sean

zakats

• 1980's birth control, brought to you by Honda.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: The work car, way more than I'd care to admit
    Garage View Garage
[quote=Vandemar,Jul 2 2005, 02:43 AM]quote]those things are a dime a dozen and are soo disposable. in about a year maybe 2, there is going to be a very big market for rebuilds[/quote]Got any facts to back that up, or was that statement entirely conjecture and your personal bias?
[/quote]
No and Yes tongue.gif tongue.gif
of course Im biased! no one here can say that they aren't the slightest biased against certain cars. besides dodge has a very strong reputation. disposible-probably, I mean they are that cheap and the resale value is most likely going to take the biggest nose-dive without question. With all of the morons that drive those cars, you know they are going to be pretty cheap in the salvage yards in 5ish years- come on there are even wrx's poping up everywhere now a days, and the subaru's are no where NEAR as ricey. but yeah for the price, if i had to have something new(for some dumb ass reason), id get a wrx there isnt much price difference right? and car prices are a bit fluid to me anyway. ANYWAYS its all in good fun and i think most of us are putting humor and non literal statements in our posts, besides nothing we say will change anything what does it matter?
--zak--
He who dies with the most toys, wins.

badpenny

• tinker, tinker....BOOOOOOM!!!! then I run around
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: Don't, because they don't run and I am a crappy mechanic.
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I nominate jeff for the Uncle bens award, "Keep your eye on your mail, It will be there directly" laugh.gif
Honda, because it's hard to look baller in your mom's Volvo.Posted Image 
The entire tool selection at Sears or the contents of a Snap-On truck will do you no good if you do not know how to use them.

1g Supremacy

It's still a Neon

Best line in this thread.

JEFFtheJ00la

• i was the first one to rent this monte, lol
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 86crx soon to be b20b, 96Grand am sedan(9.22 1/8th), 79Trans am 403 to 350 in prog. , 03Dakota DD, 86 civic sedan si swap dd
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
oooo. ooooo. do i get an uncle bens vinyl decal?

SportInjectedClubvisit my myspace SAHCR Member

if your offended by anything i post, you need to seriously get a life

Vandemar

• moved on to bigger engines
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: '17 Chev SS (Commodore)
QUOTE (1g Supremacy @ Jul 2 2005, 09:44 AM)
It's still a Neon

Best line in this thread.

It's better when you're dealing with people who won't admit that it's a Neon. Chrysler managed to fool a surprising number of people by leaving that other n-word off the car entirely laugh.gif.

Oh, and I'd buy a used SRT-4 long before I would anything used with the WRX 5-speed ph34r.gif.

1g Supremacy

LOL. That's so true that it's sad. I remember the first year the SRT was released, and they had one at our local street fare. Me and my friend were checking it out, and I was like 'Dude. It's a turbo Neon.' And the salesman was like 'No it's not! It's the all new SRT-4!' '...It's still a Neon.'

Good times.

zakats

• 1980's birth control, brought to you by Honda.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: The work car, way more than I'd care to admit
    Garage View Garage
hey hey hey now, they arent that bad<<<<<<points to the his immage gallery with his 00 impreza

you jus cant launch on them at redline all the damn time like its a fwd car... called dumb owners laugh.gif
He who dies with the most toys, wins.

firstgencrxsi

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: Red 1986 Honda Civic Si
Am I the only true automotive enthusiast here? I know that I'm not, but noone gives credit where it is deserved. People complained all the time about the domestic companies not making a "performance" compact, and when one steps to the plate and does, the same people critisize them. I know the Neon isn't the best car to base it off of, but it's what they have. And they did a damn good job at the SRT-4 in my opinion. They built that motor right. I'm just rambling, but I'm glad they made it. I happen to like just about anything that can perform, and the SRT-4 is one of the least expensive. Nevermind, I don't really prefer new cars anyway. I like the old school stuff. AE86 Corolla, AW11 MR2, well anything old and Toyota or a 1st gen CRX. Well I'm done rambling. Just expressing my opinion, that's all.
Will be dropping a DOHC ZC in my 86 Civic Si when the EW4 dies. That may be a while...
Current upgrades: Integra front brakes; Modified Civic Wagon springs; Lowered; 15"x7" steel rims with Yokohama tires
Parts that I have waiting to be installed: Urethane bushings; Sway bars; Tokiko HP struts and shocks; Strut and shock tower bars
Future Upgrades: DOHC ZC swap (JDM Brown Top); Integra rear disk brakes; Reupholster seats; Repair dents; New paint, likely the same red

rexsk8er

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: '86 CRX d16a1 hf (RIP), '86 civic hatch ls (DD)
    • Image Gallery
Honestly i think they did a great job with the srt-4. I understand some people objecting to the big companies, but ive ridden in two of them one stock and one highly modified. there a fun car. Of course id never trade it for my crx, but i would love to have one. they handle great, and are very fast. its still a neon, and even the guys who drive them will admit. But, its a neon on steroids.

Sean

Cäz™

• I love Wal*Mart
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 93 Civic Lx sedan
I think a neon on steriods is a good way to put it.

I like fried rice

Facebook me!
http://www.myspace.com/xcazx "...but like i said, i am not desparate...seriously. just bored..."

down4ce

kawakdx2bad: Put 17,000 into a 2nd gen crx and see what happens
RamJettas: yeah really
kawakdx2bad: It's still a neon and it's just boosted you can't polish a turd

A stock STI would schwoop a stock SRT-4

sleeperbeauty

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1994 Honda Civic CX 1495 Mini-me approx 150 hp. 1994 Honda Civic EX. Stock block, DC Header, GReddy catback, AEM Intake. approx 128 hp.
dahh wooo eeeehhh waaa..... my turn to chime in. dodge did an ... meh ... job with this car. stats show approx. 13.8 second quarter mile.. is that good? hell yeah for a stock 4 banger. sure beats the 18 second neons at PRP. 13.8 is comparable to no other fwd 4 banger on the market, and its under 23k. great performance for the money, but the value per dollar... well, lets say a neon is a neon is a neon. and at 78k the head will blow.. my $.02
'TOHC i-VTEC/II' in the works... call me a ricer, but i will be the king.

I dont know what the hell you just said little kid, but you special.

ChrisF-dude