Cherry Bomb Turbo

• You cannot reply to this topic
13 replies to this topic

CRXdan

I just picked one up at Canaidna tire, they were on sale for $30. My first impressions of this muffler is taht it was going to be loud. But when I took a look inside it wasnt a straight thru design. On it went, the crx sounds soo much nicer compared to the obnoxiously loud cherry bomb glasspack it had on there. (which soudned liek it had an exhasut leak) Plus less attention form the cops. I highly recomend this muffler. I also got a new intake system installed. Once brent gets online, ill post some pics....
90 crx si
13.17@113 street tires low boost
86 samurai g16 turbo

agreziv86E-AS

hey at
least you tossed the glasspack wink.gif IMO....the best lobuck performance muffler would have to be the dynomax super turbo muffler...like $30-40 at most auto parts stores.
"Been there, done that"

Rampage

• I bleed motor oil.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Moderators
    • Drives: The Si (86 Civic Si D16A1 blacktop) The Blackbird (87 CRX Si Bone Stock) Cherry II (86 Civic 1500S Mostly Stock)
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I have 2 Glass packs with 2" pipe header back.

IMO my exhaust has the best combo of throat and rasp, not buzz for an import, especially a honda. Most of the time any exuast that will be stuck on will either be a heavily muffled low bass sound, or a high pitch annoying buzz that rings your ears.

My exhaust is not really that loud, but at 1-2500K it is throaty, 2500-4000 more of a strong, loud, but not obnoxious vibration sound, then 4-6500K it opens up and sounds like an F1 Motor. The entire system custom bent and fit for $200 (It was welded up and hung by the previous owner).

My car is a piece. Rust everywhere. A tiny 1300 EW2 motor. A 20 SECOND CAR. But you can't beat the exhaust note that it puts out, hands down.

My $0.02
Mark

Edited by Rampage, 07 September 2003 - 04:13 PM.

SportInjectedClub

I don't frequent the boards much anymore, but i'm a wealth of knowledge. Email or PM me if you're stumped!

Fiend

Is there any way you guys can record the sound of your car so i can hear it? smile.gif

Rampage

• I bleed motor oil.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: The Si (86 Civic Si D16A1 blacktop) The Blackbird (87 CRX Si Bone Stock) Cherry II (86 Civic 1500S Mostly Stock)
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I think I might be able to. It will be a couple of movies, but it won't do the car justice. At least it will give you an idea though.

Cheers,
Mark

SportInjectedClub

I don't frequent the boards much anymore, but i'm a wealth of knowledge. Email or PM me if you're stumped!

CRXdan

I can take a vid/sound clip when sdubfid is available with his camera
90 crx si
13.17@113 street tires low boost
86 samurai g16 turbo

Rampage

• I bleed motor oil.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Okay. I got a 6 minute video of my drive home from work. The quality is terrible and the sound is really inaccurate, but it gives you an idea of the bassy/raspy exhaust up to the F1 sounding note. (actually it sounds turbo, so thats kinda cool)

Before you open it up, If you are going to whine and complain about driving over the speed limit or cornering too fast, don't. I did not follow too close, weave, fail to stop at stop signs (more like california rolls) or run red lights. And I wasn't under the influence.

I am going to try to take a movie of me reving from the tailpipe, maybe it will give a clearer indication of what it really sounds like.

The movie is titled: Drive Home from NAPA (The other one is a cold start way back when)

Enjoy.

Mark

SportInjectedClub

87X

• Mazdawgin
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1993 Mazda B2200 Pickup
    • Image Gallery
that sounds goooooooood i love it, as for the visuals, i felt like i was playing a video game on original nintendo! awesome! you need to tell me what exactly your exhaust is, i want to do something very similar i loved the sound, alot of my honda friends have these buzzing mufflers i think it sounds really crappy... but yours sounds like exactly what ive been looking for!

!!!!!!!!,
Doug.

rpr

• giggidy giggidy giggidy!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Super Administrators
    • Drives: Race: yeah right, who has time to race (2008 Civic Si, when I have time), Daily: 2006 Ridgeline
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I will have some video after next weekend, since I just made a camera mount. Mine is way loud....
"Toby, you are a thief of joy"

agreziv86E-AS

well, i just redid my exhaust....i USE TO have stock piping with all the stock resonators removed/gutted cat/dc header/thermal r&d stainless muffler. i guess the 3 years i had this setup....it seemed fine. until i redid it with 2 inch piping,with the dc/gutted cat/thermal muff......and the shit was soooo loud! BWWWWAAAAAAHHHHHH. so i had a magnaflow stainless muffler lying around...put it up, and it not only sounds more civilized, ( except after 4-4500 and up...sounds SWEET wink.gif ) it actually feels like i have more noticable lowend torque. overall it feels good throghout the whole rpm range.very quiet at idle/cruising speeds....but sweet at high speeds.....VERY little raspiness.it doesent sound like your going 350 mph when your stepping on it (doesnt cause a scene). funny, after i installed the exhaust.....my clutch is slipping..WTF?!? anyways, sounds like my brothers old apexi dunk.....id really recommend magnaflow mufflers as an upgrade. HTH....BTW,rampage ...i felt like i was in the car with you ....hehe

Edited by agreziv86E-AS, 09 September 2003 - 09:27 AM.

"Been there, done that"

87zc1crx

• slowpokin'
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: '89 Nissan S12 turbo
    • Image Gallery
I installed a Simons 3" "Turbo" muffler on my zc1 powered unit last Saturday,it sound a 1000 times better than the original muffler with dual tips.damn thing sounded like a moped!
Now there's a really low tone till about 3k and then a pleasant rasp till about 5k and then it really hauls till 7k,it's limited at 7600 but it ain't no use going there.
i noticed a bit of difference in power on the highway...going from 4th to 5th,it just keeps going till 137mph(220 kph on the speedo)as for before it creaped really slowly to a lil' less than a 130mph.
the 1g crx...a classic to be,cherish it and it'll love you forever.

Fiend

Your car sounds NICE Rampage, what RPM where you shifting at? Also agreziv86E-AS what does that dynomax super turbo muffler sound like? and as for rpr can't wait to hear how loud your car is. wink.gif

agreziv86E-AS

QUOTE (Fiend @ Sep 9 2003, 07:50 PM)
Your car sounds NICE Rampage, what RPM where you shifting at? Also agreziv86E-AS what does that dynomax super turbo muffler sound like? and as for rpr can't wait to hear how loud your car is. wink.gif

sounds like rampages exhaust except, a tad bit louder at the high end (raspy....not like a bee, though)
"Been there, done that"

Fiend

thank God, cause thats the muffler on the broke CRX Si my brother gave me.