New Member Here

• You cannot reply to this topic
8 replies to this topic

ZCcrxSI

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 87 CRX, EG, EP
Hello all, just picked up my rex 2 days ago and been driving it around ever since,lol.
Just wanted to ask what kind of best bang for the buck aftermarket struts are you guys buying on your dailys? Mine are complete gone in front, I bottom out everywhere.

Thanks for the help guys and Im liking this site! smile.gif

GIFF

• The Integrated Technology CF-48 Exclusive Gear For Honda
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 86 CRX SI, 94 Integra, 09 Fit
    • Image Gallery
welcome! post some pictures of your crx!

SportInjectedClub

PM me if you have these for sale:
OEM or DS Tuning Floor mats

scottssilversi

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1987 honda crx si
I have tokiko five way adj. A little on the expensive side, but well worth it. Welcome to the site.

ZCcrxSI

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Drives: 87 CRX, EG, EP
QUOTE (scottssilversi @ May 11 2005, 10:23 AM)
I have tokiko five way adj. A little on the expensive side, but well worth it.    Welcome to the site.

Thanks for the welcome guys and I will posting pics of my car soon as I take some.

Have any info on them? Where you got them and price?
Also, is this a straight swap? No modification required for the install?
Thanks again.

Ghost-One

• the only Moderator who can fight MONSTERS
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Moderators
all intro duction thread s must contain a ghost story like a story about a ghost doing some hauntings.... if 87 si can post a ghost picture you can tell me a story

TAAGMANsCRXwithKYBs

• Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: 87 CRX si (Jackson), 84 CRX DX(Jake), 87 CRX Si (Jack)RIP
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Welcome...

Hope you enjoy what could be the funnest car you've ever driven. As to Ghost One; he's a good man but he's not right in the head... LOL laugh.gif

As my member name would suggest, I'm currently runnin' KYB's on my Rex, and they work well for daily driver stuff. Their cost is pretty digestible too. cool.gif
TAAGMAN

There's only one basic difference between genius and stupidity... genius has its limits. - anonymous-

"My hovercraft is full of eels."
Hungarian-English dictionary skit - Monty Python -

nivek2002

KYB for the cost - for street use only

Tokico Illuminas for easy adjustability - kinda expensive and bottoming them out will mess them up I have heard. NOT rebuildable. Good for a daily driver that Autox's every once in a while.

Koni Yellows - adjustable and rebuildable. Super expensive now that they are out of production. Only cost prohibited if for racing.

Those are your three choices. Good luck!

Kevin

lopezi

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 Honda CRX Si, 2000 Honda CBR 600 F4, 2002 Toyota Tundra SR5 (RIP), 2002 Nissan Maxima SE
    • Image Gallery
sound like Tokico Illuminas are the best shock that is still in production, and can be bought online or ebay.

Tokico HP's are probably next in line followed by KYB's.

Koni's would be great if you could find any.... mad.gif

Ivan

QUOTE (ZCcrxSI @ May 11 2005, 01:04 PM)
Hello all, just picked up my rex 2 days ago and been driving it around ever since,lol.
Just wanted to ask what kind of best bang for the buck aftermarket struts are you guys buying on your dailys? Mine are complete gone in front, I bottom out everywhere.

Thanks for the help guys and Im liking this site!  smile.gif

Don't believe the hype....Firefox Myths
Why Google is not all that....

87MugenProCR-X

• Just Drive...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 84 Honda CRX, 94 Honda Civic 4dr, 95 Volvo 850 Turbo Wgn, 91 Mazda Miata
im running on illuminas right now a little expensive(lil more than 400) but they are a nice shock and easier to find than the konis. If i were to get shocks for my daily driver that i never take to the track id prolly look into the tokico hps or kyb gr2s

Julian