Need Help Asap, Broken Ignition Switch. What Cars Interchange?

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

ktm300

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 86 Rex DX,08 Yamaha R6. 08 KLR 650
A buddy of mine turned the key a little too vigorously and something broke behind the ignition. The keyed portion is working, it turns and functions fine.

I need the plastic switch assembly, mine just spins and doesnt turn anything. It looks like brittle dry cracked plastic.

What cars interchange with this piece? And does anyone have one in the sacramento area? I have an out of state buyer (not a nigerian prince, with a cashiers check) lined up for my CRX, but it needs to run... :o

Please let me know if anyone local has a switch they can spare, and how much.

Posted Image

Edited by ktm300, 09 July 2012 - 12:17 AM.

ktm300

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Pick and pull opens in 45min, any help would be greatly appreciated. Somtimes they dont have 1g crx's.

I might be able to pick up a couple small things that are easy to ship, maybe a dome light or clock along those lines. Free! just pay shipping..... Thanks again

bigboi407

• Anti-Government Official
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1998 Dodge Dakota 2.5 2wd, 1986 Civic Si, 1990 Accord DX, 1994 Suzuki RF900R
    Garage View Garage
you need that peice from the column??? you dont need the lock cylinder, just that thing right behind the cylinder? if you need it, i can double check and we'll go from there

EDIT: just noticed you requested it to be local... if you cant find one, let me kno..
1984-1987 HONDA CIVIC CRX PARTS FOR SALE 1/25/12

I drive with a Lead-foot for Two Reasons--> 1. i like to be out front of the idiots that dont know how to drive 2. i like to the hear the sound of my engine..

ktm300

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Yep, just the plastic switch assembly. They keyed part is fine, hopefully the wreckers have a crx or two.

Thanks

ktm300

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
I found two breadvans, one was in perfect condition with a perfect brown interior and only 130k on it!

FREE STUFF!

If anyone needs a switch, I grabbed an extra one + also have my old one with good contacts. Just pay shipping, I also have two clock deletes, and a set of the metal fusable links that go near the battery.