Exhaust

• You cannot reply to this topic
8 replies to this topic

Gumby

• Your Daddy
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 85 Civic HB 1500S 83 Bronco
Well guys today i unbolted my exhaust from the axel part (shows ya how our emessions go down here smile.gif and how redneck we are tongue.gif ) and seems like i lost a lotta low end b/c of the back compression? anybody know if it's worth the sound for the loss of accel?
user posted image

ImprtRcr02

• You Dare Mess With A Saiyajin??
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 04' Srt-4, working on the crx beast
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Nope cool.gif

ImprtRcr02

rally25rs

• push the seat back a little lower watch light bend in the blower
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: '87 Civic Si, '01 Forester
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
personally, i like low end torque more than the high-end for drivability sake. Hence I stick with a 2" exhaust and a real muffler.

Gumby

• Your Daddy
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 85 Civic HB 1500S 83 Bronco
Ehh i think it's killin my gas mileage so i think i'll bolt it back up
user posted image

Rampage

• I bleed motor oil.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Moderators
    • Drives: The Si (86 Civic Si D16A1 blacktop) The Blackbird (87 CRX Si Bone Stock) Cherry II (86 Civic 1500S Mostly Stock)
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Taking your muffler off has absolutely no performance gain whatsover.

I noticed the bulldog ran way better with the muffler system on that with the cutout pulled.

Cheers,
Mark

SportInjectedClub

I don't frequent the boards much anymore, but i'm a wealth of knowledge. Email or PM me if you're stumped!

jack-o-lantern

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1987 Honda Civic DX
Hey Rampage, what do you have on your car now exhaust wise? My centre pipe is on it's way out and since we have no cat. converters on our cars, I want to try to bolt something on myself. Any recommendations? Should I use a resonator? Oh, and by the way, people should check out S & S Headers They have a well priced header for the 3G. If I do my own exhuast I think I will strap on one of their headers if I have the dough and the ability.

Edited by jack-o-lantern, 23 April 2004 - 12:12 AM.

CRXdan

Get the proper high flow cat, the proper size piping according to your engine displacment and modifications (talkt o a shop about this), the proper highflow resonaotr to get rid of the raspiness, (2 short ones or 1 long), and a nice OEM look stainless muffler (magnaflow) and you will notice about 2/10ths in the 1/4 mile off.
90 crx si
13.17@113 street tires low boost
86 samurai g16 turbo

Doodson

• DOODSON
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1985 Racing Civic , 1995 Street Civic CX , 2007 Honda Civic 4dr, 1992 Racing Acura integra
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I just got exhaust on my CRX and it a Paceshitter header to 2" to a red bottle resonator to a 12" street racer muffler (which you can look rite through ) and I can say that its toooo loud for a old guy like me sad.gif . I am going to pull the Dynomax Muffler off my other car and put it on the REX.

Doodson

paul barela

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 87civic si w/d16a1 and T3 turbo@ 8psi
QUOTE (Rampage @ Apr 22 2004, 09:32 PM)
Taking your muffler off has absolutely no performance gain whatsover. 

I noticed the bulldog ran way better with the muffler system on that with the cutout pulled.

Cheers,
Mark

i ran a open pipe on my si engine for a little while and it did pull harder on the top end. but ended up being to loud at wot, so i put a magnaflow on and that quieted it down but it still pulled good. I now have a 89teg engine and when i ran a open pipe it screamed like mad, but was way too loud above 4grand. I now have a 2 1/4 from the ex manifold back to the gutted cat and 2 1/2 back to a magnaflow muffler. the 2 1/2 a little to big for now(turbo in the works). but the down pipe and the gutted cat is the best (hp)thing i've done, so far.