Spark Woes.... Distributor/cas Related

• You cannot reply to this topic
5 replies to this topic

I8ayellowcrayon

I have an '89 ZC DOHC engine in my '89 MPFI hatchback. I just put the engine in and finally got it running perfectly. I pull it in my shop to put my exhaust back on it, dropped it down, and the car wouldn't start. There is no spark...

I've replaced the ignitor, coil, plug wires, and checked all of the wires going from the distributor and the cam angle sensor, and they're all good. The computers (PM7 JDM ZC, PM6 D16A6 EF Si) are both good. I'm not throwing any codes either...

Does anyone have any ideas as to what the problem is?? If I can't figure anything out I'll probably end up getting a black top dizzy/CAS.... Thanks!

bigk3000

• 1337 5h17
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 84 Civic Hatch 1500 S with D16A1 blacktop
    • Image Gallery
did you weld your exhaust while the battery was still in the car ph34r.gif
EXPLOSIVO!
84 Civic Hatchback 1500S-w/ d16 blacktop :P
86 Nissan 300zx GLL

user posted image

SportInjectedClub
user posted image

CRXdan

Rotor, Dizzy cap, dizzy wiring harness (check for continuity), i woudl basically check all wires for continuity from the ecu all the way up to the dizzy/sensors.
90 crx si
13.17@113 street tires low boost
86 samurai g16 turbo

I8ayellowcrayon

did you weld your exhaust while the battery was still in the car
No welding; stock exhaust.

Rotor, Dizzy cap, dizzy wiring harness (check for continuity), i woudl basically check all wires for continuity from the ecu all the way up to the dizzy/sensors.

Rotor and cap are good. Wiring harness is perfect. All of the wires show very very little resistance, and are all connected all the way from the ECU to the dizzy/CAS. As someone recommended on Honda-Tech, I checked all of the ground points and they were all good too.

I8ayellowcrayon

Anyone? Any ideas??

rpr

• giggidy giggidy giggidy!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Super Administrators
    • Drives: Race: yeah right, who has time to race (2008 Civic Si, when I have time), Daily: 2006 Ridgeline
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
No idea. It really does sound like the ignitor though.
"Toby, you are a thief of joy"