Mods And Maintenance

• You cannot reply to this topic
20 replies to this topic

Natas

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: crx 84 1.5 12v (eu)
MODS: I would like to know what aftermarket parts there are for my rex? I've found the HKS mega flow short ram, Pacesetter exhaust... I've also found a aftermarket throttlebody that AAS said would fit to the rex here http://www.bbkperfor...le-bodies.shtml POWER-PLUS SERIES® 4-Barrel Universal Throttle Body Assembly partnr. #1716, so dose it fit..?
I've read about all the integra parts that fits to the rex, but there are almost none integras here in Finland ab aspecially not on the junkyards...

I would also like to get some tips on lowering the ride, aftermarket lowering springs and so on...

Please post diy mods if U know some to.

MAINTENANCE: What parts are good to change on the car when it's driven 166tkm = 100t miles, to lenghten its lifetime...

RARECRX

• Officially retired.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 crx si,1985 CRX si, 2009 RS6,pimp'd out corolla,
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Well sorry to say the HKS intake is for a fuel injected engine.. You mabe can make it work But for almost $200 its a waste..
YOU ARE BETTER OFF DIY intake..lots of carb guys have sweet diy ones that cost $20 to make..

That throttle body is also for fuel injection, You dont have a throttle body. You have a carburator..so It will not fit..

You are better getting a DIY exhaust than a pacesetter

as far as lowering look in the for sale section ,I actually have a set of eibach springs for sale.. The fronts are torsion bars and you can lower the car with the turn of 2 bolts..
POST IN THE CARBURATOR SECTION they will direct you in the right way as far as carb'd mods go...

Natas

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
My car is fuel injected!

RARECRX

• Officially retired.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
OHHHH.. whats ur location??? must be UK...LOL sorry..

Then I would not know about the throttle body..it may work but you are just as well off getting a b16 one with adapter plate, some people have did that here I really don't know of the HUGE performance gains, usually throttle bodies dont produce HUGE gains If even any (as I have seen dyno #'s prove it in magazines) but improve throttle response.. basically not worth the $$$$

The HKS will definitely work but for $200 it is more aesthetic than anything else a DIY would work just as good..

I say find some good headers (chikara,bosal,dc sports etc..) get some DIY exhaust at a muffler shop, make a DIY CAI, find some good tokico's like illumina's or blue's, some coilovers or lowering springs of your choice

coilovers: ground control still makes them, springs ::eibach , intrax still makes them..

It depends what you want from the vehicle...

USE THE FAQ/WIKI it will guide you..

Edited by etmydst, 18 March 2007 - 03:36 PM.

Natas

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
QUOTE (etmydst @ Mar 18 2007, 10:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OHHHH.. whats ur location??? must be UK...LOL sorry..

Then I would not know about the throttle body..it may work but you are just as well off getting a b16 one with adapter plate, some people have did that here I really don't know of the HUGE performance gains, usually throttle bodies dont produce HUGE gains If even any (as I have seen dyno #'s prove it in magazines) but improve throttle response.. basically not worth the $$$$

The HKS will definitely work but for $200 it is more aesthetic than anything else a DIY would work just as good..

I say find some good headers (chikara,bosal,dc sports etc..) get some DIY exhaust at a muffler shop, make a DIY CAI, find some good tokico's like illumina's or blue's, some coilovers or lowering springs of your choice

coilovers: ground control still makes them, springs ::eibach , intrax still makes them..

It depends what you want from the vehicle...

USE THE FAQ/WIKI it will guide you..

Finland sad.gif Ok thanx m8... The problem is that the junkyards here dont have alot of parts for older hondas, thats why I'm looking for aftermarket parts...
"find some good tokico's like illumina's or blue's," that part I didn't understand...
I've read the faq and so on, but I want more details on the DIY CAI for example...
What I want with the car is is just get some more "cock" out of it...

RARECRX

• Officially retired.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I think there might be ROVERS there that might interchange, you would have to ask "slavertren" or other UK members..

the tokico's are performance struts for your car the illumina's are 5 way adjustable dampening the blues are not adjustable.

If you use the search on cbstdscott he has a thread on DIY CAI

slavteren

• pervertet 17" lover!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 86 civic zc - 86 crx zc - 87 civic racecar
    • Image Gallery
lol, im not from uk eighter, but from denmark. tongue.gif

welcome, nice to see another member from the high north.

we didn't get the teg in the north, so if it is brakes or the d16a1 engine you are looking for, you need to find a crx as, the european model with 1,6 twincam. the front brakes are the sameas the teg, and the engine has a diff code (zc1) but is basicly the same as the teg.

lowerig the front a litle is very easy, just find the two 19mm nuts on the front crossmember and you can adjust the height there, in the rear you nedd eighter coilovers or new springs. the ones edmydst has for sale is very good.

166tkm is nothing for a honda, so if you just service it regularely and changes the timingbelt, you will be good for another 100tkm. wink.gif

cai is easy, just take off you filterhyousing, find a 90degree stainless steel bend that fit in the tube from the tb and put a cone filter on there.

Denmark and germany are good sources for as parts, so if you need any just say so, and i can try to get you some contacts.

also, remember that there are some diff between our cars and the us ones, but you will quicly find out exactly what.

enjoy this board, it is the bomb, and a very good source to parts.
My beloved civic

My life

user posted image

the most important weapon- is the heart af the worrior.

Natas

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
QUOTE (slavteren @ Mar 19 2007, 01:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
lol, im not from uk eighter, but from denmark. tongue.gif

welcome, nice to see another member from the high north.

we didn't get the teg in the north, so if it is brakes or the d16a1 engine you are looking for, you need to find a crx as, the european model with 1,6 twincam. the front brakes are the sameas the teg, and the engine has a diff code (zc1) but is basicly the same as the teg.

lowerig the front a litle is very easy, just find the two 19mm nuts on the front crossmember and you can adjust the height there, in the rear you nedd eighter coilovers or new springs. the ones edmydst has for sale is very good.

166tkm is nothing for a honda, so if you just service it regularely and changes the timingbelt, you will be good for another 100tkm. wink.gif

cai is easy, just take off you filterhyousing, find a 90degree stainless steel bend that fit in the tube from the tb and put a cone filter on there.

Denmark and germany are good sources for as parts, so if you need any just say so, and i can try to get you some contacts.

also, remember that there are some diff between our cars and the us ones, but you will quicly find out exactly what.

enjoy this board, it is the bomb, and a very good source to parts.

Nice to see some scandinavians here...
The car is a -84 1.5 12v pgmfi soch (ew3), like the us si but it's 100hp smile.gif

Can I use the piping after the airbox for a cai???

I can't find the "dc sport" headers anywhere, do they make em anymore???

Do anybody know anything about cleaning the engine, nobody realy wants to do it here because they think they're going to screw up the electronics or something??? because my engine is dirty as a MF...

It would be nice if U could post me som european webstores or something, thx.

Edited by Natas, 19 March 2007 - 09:03 AM.

D Jaws II

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 87 CRX SI D15A3, 89 CRX Si B18A1, 89 Prelude B20A JDM, 91 CRX DX D15B2, 87 CRX HF with a D15A3 (pictured above) New 11/06: 1998 Civic EX JDM B16A to be new track car
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Headers???

Buy anything other than Pacesetter. Had a set for less than one year, talk about rust, and falling apart!!!!! Don't know what the problem is with them, design, smaller runners, collector, but I lost a bunch of overall speed with them.

JMHO

Donnie

"YOU SHOULD NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE PREDICTABILITY OF STUPIDITY"

Natas

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
QUOTE (D Jaws II @ Mar 19 2007, 04:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Headers???
Buy anything other than Pacesetter. Had a set for less than one year, talk about rust, and falling apart!!!!! Don't know what the problem is with them, design, smaller runners, collector, but I lost a bunch of overall speed with them.

JMHO
Donnie

Yeah I heard that the pace setters are no good... But I can't find any company here in Finland that sells headers for my crx sad.gif getting pissed.

Do anybody know anything about cleaning the engine, nobody realy wants to do it here because they think they're going to screw up the electronics or something??? because my engine is dirty as a MF...

badpenny

• tinker, tinker....BOOOOOOM!!!! then I run around
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: Don't, because they don't run and I am a crappy mechanic.
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (Natas @ Mar 19 2007, 03:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah I heard that the pace setters are no good... But I can't find any company here in Finland that sells headers for my crx sad.gif getting pissed.

Your best bet for a DC header is ebay, or here in the FS section, they will be used, because IIRC they aren't being produced anymore.

Yes, you can use the piping after the airbox for a Home made CAI, but cdstdscott has a good writeup on a homemade PVC CAI. You can also get the CAI kit for an 88-91 civic, and just flip it around and use it.

Cleaning the engine. 1) baggies, of variing sizes, wrap all electronic components and connections to prevent water from getting in.
2) Go to a DIY carwash
3) buy engine degreaser
4) after you cover all electrical stuff with baggies, spray the heck out of everything you want clean with the engine degreaser (it works better on a warm engine)
5) Power spray the engine degreaser off.
6) rinse and repeat
Honda, because it's hard to look baller in your mom's Volvo.Posted Image 
The entire tool selection at Sears or the contents of a Snap-On truck will do you no good if you do not know how to use them.

RARECRX

• Officially retired.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Im not sure about EU part availability for these cars,

ALWAYS search the FOR SALE ads in RPR when possible, most members will oblige a out of country ship..

DC sports has discontinued the headers but may be able to find some NEW on "luck" as I did.

YES you can take the airbox out and use the "stock" intake tube and add onto it (elbow and filter) This is what the HKS kit does and also The lightspeed KIT that I have does here is my lightspeed intake/filter

I would stick with the chikara headers

Thats the GOOD thing about these cars is the PARTS HUNT, I love it... kind of like treasure hunting..

Edited by etmydst, 19 March 2007 - 03:49 PM.

D Jaws II

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 87 CRX SI D15A3, 89 CRX Si B18A1, 89 Prelude B20A JDM, 91 CRX DX D15B2, 87 CRX HF with a D15A3 (pictured above) New 11/06: 1998 Civic EX JDM B16A to be new track car
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (etmydst @ Mar 19 2007, 02:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would stick with the chikara headers

Thats the GOOD thing about these cars is the PARTS HUNT, I love it... kind of like treasure hunting..

True (I hate treasure hunting mad.gif ), although, it would be very nice to have 3-4 suppliers that at the least carried aftermarket parts for our cars, at a reasonable price and who have them in stock. biggrin.gif

That might be asking for too much. wink.gif

Cheers,

Donnie

"YOU SHOULD NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE PREDICTABILITY OF STUPIDITY"

Natas

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Have found some parts for the car here, but no headers yet...
Do anybody know some companies in europe that sell headers for the rex... I have found bosal and S&s headers for 1g crx:s 2, anybody know if they are any good..?

Natas

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Btw... Can't I just put an air filter on the intake tubing and call it a day? or do I need some extra tubng? I'm a Lazy bastard...