←  1G CRX

Red Pepper Racing

»

Now We Have Two

greasemonkeyreborne 5x1g's's Photo greasemonkeyreborne 5x1g's 25 Nov 2022

Great relationship w PO.  Confidence having that information.

As for the notebook, must not be a car guy

CSPCRX's Photo CSPCRX 29 Jun 2023

AC would not cool so had a nearby shop look it over and turns out front seal on the compressor let go.  Probably why it was so noisy.  For some reason I had it in my head that it was a Sanden compressor but turns out it was a Keihen.  

based on old posts has me concerned since we converted it to R134 and prior reports of that being an issue.  Also noticed that the rock auto site has a note not to use R134 in this compressor.  

time will tell.  I can not find anything that explains why the Sanden is okay with it but the Keihen isn’t.

CSPCRX's Photo CSPCRX 04 Jul 2023

Took the car out for a short run to pick up some dinner last night.  It was a nice cool 112 outside so figured it would be a good test how well it cools.  Things stayed nice and comfortable throughout the drive and after parking it for a bit to run inside to pickup dinner.

never plan on intentionally driving her in conditions this hot but if we had to we could.

greasemonkeyreborne 5x1g's's Photo greasemonkeyreborne 5x1g's 19 Sep 2023

How’s the temp out there?  Heats finally broke here in Dallas. Can finally drive the car comfortably wo ac again.

CSPCRX's Photo CSPCRX 19 Sep 2023

Finally starting to come down out here too.  Mid to upper 90s all week.

CSPCRX's Photo CSPCRX 12 Nov 2023

Took both of the CRXs to our church car show this weekend.  After about 6 hours of cleaning the 86 is much cleaner now. I know I am still going to find dirt though.

Had some great conversations with people about the cars and stories they have about these fun little cars.  People were shocked by the engine swap in the 86 and by how original the 85 is.

https://youtu.be/tCH...04R1z4JMrfc0YiV

greasemonkeyreborne 5x1g's's Photo greasemonkeyreborne 5x1g's 16 Nov 2023

Love it!   Yea.  That video is an awesome watch….  Engine is a monster

CSPCRX's Photo CSPCRX 27 Dec 2023

Got an amazing Craigslist score.  1985 mesh option wheels with new tires.  They are in really good shape except for the clear coat.  Guy only wanted $300. SOLD!

53425914350_ae4ee8e6d1_c.jpgUntitled by Victor M, on Flickr

local company refinishes wheels so I’ll see what they want to address that.  Now I can sell the Prelude mesh wheels I had found previously.

greasemonkeyreborne 5x1g's's Photo greasemonkeyreborne 5x1g's 09 Jan 2024

Good deal!   Last time I saw mesh…. They were gold.   Like 20 years ago

CSPCRX's Photo CSPCRX 09 Jan 2024

I’ve only seen them a few times they sure are rare and even more so now days.  Couldn’t pass them up and think they will look sporty on the 85.