Coilover Conversion Kit

• You cannot reply to this topic
125 replies to this topic

IfTakumiDroveACRX

• Can't stop the greatness in motion....just you wait...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 85 crx Si two-tone black/grey, 72 Datsun 510 with an experimental rotary swap (the engine is a 12a and 13b hybrid), Infiniti G35 sedan on air suspension rolling on 19" G-Corp's Estatus wheels and various Garson/D.A.D accessories
    • Image Gallery
[quote=kakabox,Oct 31 2005, 04:42 PM][/quote]
there are and they are $65 for the rear set.
[/quote]
EXCELLENT!
You can anticipate my order for the coilover kit w/both 350 & 450 lbs/in rated springs...how/where do I order them? Online thru your website...or? Please advise.

Cheers.
[/quote]
yeah just remember to include the fact that you are an RPR member and your screen name! wink.gif
[/quote]

...how do you suggest I indicate that I want both 350 AND 450 rate springs? By typing the request in the comments box?

Thanks.
[/quote]

Yes type it there and put that you're an RPR member as well as your username wink.gif
user posted image
www.implicit-autosports.com - Proud Distributors of Monkeyz-Tek Performance Parts

toxicshit

whats the length of the springs you use ?

1. EDM 1986 Honda CRX AS - B16A1 engine - OBD1 - Turbo - Stitch welded chassis.
2. EDM 2001 Lexus IS300 3.0 RWD - Daily Drive
cr-x.jpg

Simple87Si

the springs were pretty short like 4-5" iirc.. i was afraid my illuminas would bottom out.. the rear end of my car is so bouncy now and i think it's because i lowered the car without an adjustable panhard rod.. but ill find out when i remake my adjustable panhard rod.. hopefully the bouncyness goes away.. and a rear sway bar wouldnt be a bad idea either.. :]
user posted image

IfTakumiDroveACRX

• Can't stop the greatness in motion....just you wait...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 85 crx Si two-tone black/grey, 72 Datsun 510 with an experimental rotary swap (the engine is a 12a and 13b hybrid), Infiniti G35 sedan on air suspension rolling on 19" G-Corp's Estatus wheels and various Garson/D.A.D accessories
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (toxicshit @ Mar 26 2006, 05:07 AM)
whats the length of the springs you use ?

Approximately 4.5" I would get somebody to measure them. So if anyone hasn't installed them and can be of help....... thanks!!! wink.gif
user posted image
www.implicit-autosports.com - Proud Distributors of Monkeyz-Tek Performance Parts

kakabox

• Turd Polisher
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: from point 'A' to point 'B' daily.
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (Simple87Si @ Mar 28 2006, 12:26 AM)
the springs were pretty short like 4-5" iirc.. i was afraid my illuminas would bottom out.. the rear end of my car is so bouncy now and i think it's because i lowered the car without an adjustable panhard rod.. but ill find out when i remake my adjustable panhard rod.. hopefully the bouncyness goes away.. and a rear sway bar wouldnt be a bad idea either.. :]

Nope, the adj phb will not make your car less "bouncy"...it'll just allow you to center the axle side-to-side.

Your car is now bouncy because either: you lowered it so much you're riding on the bump-stops, and/or you don't have enough damping for the spring rate you're using. In other words, your shocks can't control your springs; the shocks could be worn out or inadequate for the spring rate you've selected.

The rear stabar will also not make "the bouncyness" go away...it'll just increase the rear roll stiffness.

Check your rear ride height (you might want to cut your bump stops in half to gain a little more suspension travel), the condition of your shocks, and maybe rethink your spring rate selection.

Simple87Si

QUOTE (kakabox @ Mar 28 2006, 07:54 AM)
QUOTE (Simple87Si @ Mar 28 2006, 12:26 AM)

Nope, the adj phb will not make your car less "bouncy"...it'll just allow you to center the axle side-to-side.

Your car is now bouncy because either: you lowered it so much you're riding on the bump-stops, and/or you don't have enough damping for the spring rate you're using. In other words, your shocks can't control your springs; the shocks could be worn out or inadequate for the spring rate you've selected.

The rear stabar will also not make "the bouncyness" go away...it'll just increase the rear roll stiffness.

Check your rear ride height (you might want to cut your bump stops in half to gain a little more suspension travel), the condition of your shocks, and maybe rethink your spring rate selection.

well.. when i installed my tokico illumina's i cut all bump stops in half.. and i'm pretty sure im not bottoming out in the rear.. unless of course i hit a big bump.. my tokico illumina's were set to 4 front 3 rear.. and now ive changed it to 3 front 2 rear and it seems to have helped.. so it may have been the other way around that i had the shocks too stiff for the springs.. im not very good at tuning suspension.. but im trying to figure it out.. so confusing.. blink.gif huh.gif unsure.gif

edit: ps.. i have the 350lb springs in the rear..

Edited by Simple87Si, 02 April 2006 - 12:54 AM.

user posted image