• You cannot reply to this topic
99 replies to this topic

GLHS988

• Spyder-Man
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1984 CRX Spyder, 1987 Shelby GLHS, 1989 Shelby CSX-VNT
QUOTE (grimvamp101 @ Oct 23 2010, 05:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that was a great meet! too bad for the rain though.we just realized, when we pulled out of that parking lot, we accidentally followed the people going home lol.it was still fun! great meeting all of you! biggrin.gif

Agreed. Excellent meet. Too bad the weather treated us like we had traveled up to the state of Washington. Nice to see everybody's cars. Watching you guys pull away effortlessly (and unintentionaly) from my car with its stock EW1 was hilarious!

Here is the link to the photos. Unfortunately, they loaded up in reverse order. If you want to view them in the correct sequence, start with the last photo first.

http://s303.photobuc...o... Meet 2010/

Thanks to KSousa for organizing the meet and to Enduser for being our guide.
A WarrenTee is better than a guarantee. This WarrenTee is for life.

"I never thought about dying. The day you were born, it was already written down the day you're gonna check out. Now, I'm not gonna throw myself under a truck, but I'm not gonna worry about when I die. I'm ready to move on when that day comes." - Carroll Shelby (January 11, 1923 - May 10, 2012)

http://karakullake.b...eet-photos.html

sawchuk

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 86 CRX SI Turbo EW-4 225 whp 230 torque and a 99 Civic SI 2004 Acura TSX
I had fun even the rain. Thanks to KSousa & enduser for coming up with a great meet. It was cool to meet every one. The cars where amazing. The drive to Alice's Restaurant, Home to the best specialty burgers in the world. At the crossroads of Hwy 84 & Hwy 35 (Skyline) in Woodside, California was intence. The food and company was good. Because their was only 3 of us on the second half of the drive we were jamming. After crusing for quite a while we stoped checked out the cars & talked. We continued to Hwy 1. KSousa headed for home. enduser and I headed the other way. The drive along the coast was fun. Sorry to those who wanted rides. The roads were wet but because they were so twisty I wasn't able to put the power down. On Hwy 1 I did get to pass about 5 cars on an up hill. It was a crazy move because I was running out of room. Because it was wet, when the boost hit in 4th gear the tires broke loose. Prety sick. PM me and I will come out to you.

enduser

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 86 Civic Si 89 jdm EF9 E55 AMG
blink.gif Overtaking cars, lol!!! I should know I was one of them. Your car sounded like jet engine as you ripped past me. Don't forget I'm going to hit you up on the exhaust too, so let me know when you have sometime.

Good drive, good guys, thanks for coming out.
Hopefully next year we can do it earlier so there's no chance of rain.

Project White Devil

GLHS988

• Spyder-Man
  • PipPip
QUOTE (sawchuk @ Oct 24 2010, 12:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I had fun even the rain. Thanks to KSousa & enduser for coming up with a great meet. It was cool to meet every one. The cars where amazing.

I agree that the cars were amazing. We were definitely missing RareCRX's car. And for those of you who missed out on seeing Sawchuk's car, it is simply awesome - body, paint, interior, and under the hood. It is absolutely amazing what one man's passion can achieve!

Thank heavens that the sun came out today to dry out the inside of my car. I uncovered it, hopped in, and wound up sitting in a puddle from all the water I took in on the drive home on Saturday. With more rain forecast later this week, it will go back under the tarp and car cover.

"I never thought about dying. The day you were born, it was already written down the day you're gonna check out. Now, I'm not gonna throw myself under a truck, but I'm not gonna worry about when I die. I'm ready to move on when that day comes." - Carroll Shelby (January 11, 1923 - May 10, 2012)

cbstdscott

• Swap in HF drums, check your cam timing
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2015 Contributor
    • Drives: '87 CRX Si, '07 Civic Si Sedan, '15 Scion FRS
    • Image Gallery
Sorry I missed the meet, it looks like a good one.

You NoCal guys are all Rock Stars and have major stones. It is hard enough to get the SoCals to show up on a sunny day, to get a big turn out in the rain shows that you guys are Hard Core OGs.

Scott
Posted Image

Form Follows Function

WOLFCRX

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 87 crx si, 87 crx si and 84 crx(Straman Spyder), 91 Chevy silverado, 87 lynx 5th wheel
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I would have made it but with my court dates for my divorce and the stress that comes with it I just wasn't up for it. Wish I could have been there again.

Doug
RPR Convertible club:

84 Straman project build

GLHS988

• Spyder-Man
  • PipPip
QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Oct 28 2010, 05:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sorry I missed the meet, it looks like a good one.

You NoCal guys are all Rock Stars and have major stones. It is hard enough to get the SoCals to show up on a sunny day, to get a big turn out in the rain shows that you guys are Hard Core OGs.

Scott

Someday, I'd like to see NorCal and SoCal get together right in the middle of this State. If we could get RPR members to commit from both north and south, we might break the record for most 1g/3g cars in one place.

sawchuk

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 86 CRX SI Turbo EW-4 225 whp 230 torque and a 99 Civic SI 2004 Acura TSX
QUOTE (WOLFCRX @ Oct 28 2010, 10:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would have made it but with my court dates for my divorce and the stress that comes with it I just wasn't up for it. Wish I could have been there again.

Doug

Oh man im so sorry. I hope all will be well with you. You are the man. You came up at the meet because your upholstery skills are legendary when it comes to our cars. I hope to make it to your meet again. Remember the Crx Expo camp out. When I got home I had a bolt in my turbo intake eating away the impeller. The turbo was compleatly fried. No wonder I wasnt making power. Oops how did that bolt get in there? $$$

Xipher

• OMG! I posted THAT!?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: 1986 Honda CRX Si (project), 98' GMC K2500 BIG BLOCK 4WD, 2008 Honda Fit Sport, 2017 Chevrolet Volt
    Garage View Garage
Some pics from what I took

http://shawcore.net/static/rprmeet/

I too think I ended up following the wrong group out, but its all good, met up with some other people I knew down there and all was well tongue.gif

Need to do it with less rain next time laugh.gif
Full of The Internets!
etmydst - ""...and since he was the hardest gangster in all of stockton they were to scared to go in his house so they drove by and said "slow down forest"..."
My Vouch Thread

rinnaye

• 3G'ist
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: 1986 Si-R-Spec & 2005 Tacoma
Looks like a helluva meet fellas.

Everyone's cars looked sweet. Wished I could have been there too, again for the second time, and like Warren said, a Nor-Cal So-Cal combined meet would probably garner the most ever 1G/3G's in the same place. This is the second year that I missed Sawchuck's ride, seeing that crx is beginning to be my obsession.