127 replies to this topic

RARECRX

• Officially retired.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 crx si,1985 CRX si, 2009 RS6,pimp'd out corolla,
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I am still In school for orthopedics/orthopedic trauma... I don't pay any bills my wife works as a NURSE and she pays all the bills... ohmy.gif blink.gif blink.gif,But i think I'll look for a part time soon just to help out with my car expenses...

Omega Mugen

• Dug Diggler
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 87 CRX w/Si motor, 86 Civic DX Hatch, 2001 Prelude
QUOTE (etmydst @ Feb 20 2007, 10:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am still In school for orthopedics/orthopedic trauma... I don't pay any bills my wife works as a NURSE and she pays all the bills... ohmy.gif blink.gif blink.gif,But i think I'll look for a part time soon just to help out with my car expenses...

Alright. Orthopedic surgeon, PA, RN, or PT?

Going to Hawaii? You need a Dune Buggy.

WTB: 14x8 or 9" Panasports or Watanabe RS.

WTB: 3g Civic hatch gauge cowl, brown.

WTB: ZC header--FOUND

Kanyooheermi

• 50C0J1M
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 87CRX Dx
I Design Craft and Fix jewelry for peanuts to give to the dancing monkeys.

zakats

• 1980's birth control, brought to you by Honda.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: The work car, way more than I'd care to admit
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (etmydst @ Feb 20 2007, 09:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you my friend, are a genus! how'd you do it? can you teach me!?!?!?!?!

< know I wrote something earlier but its since changed.
for the past...9 months or so I have been a car inspector in good ol texass(the whole air-care texas project the state started many years ago) at two locations that a collective of 3 guys own. theres only one boss that gets on my nerves and somehow manages to piss ME off, which is kinda hard since Ima pretty nice guy IMO biggrin.gif and this guy just so happens to be the one I spend 9/10 of the time working with since a couple months ago.

for about 6 months, ended in january, I worked for a small computer/network/ect repair and contractor as a tech making pretty damn good money for a young guy(my other job I kept to pay for small things laugh.gif like my ls swap and a mustang) but my boss was always the biggest PITA he was about the same as Jeepgirl's description of her X boss but maybe a bit more random and pathetic. God as my witness the man was incapable of telling the trueth...ever! One day he even lied about losing his son!! how do you lie about something like that?!? I mean we've all heard of ppl using my gma died and I couldnt do my homework but that was an all time low! soooo my pride finally caught up to me and through a cluster-f**k sequence of events, I quit and I cant tell you how much of a burden has been lifted off my mind. I feel bad for the guy who replaced me... poor kid has no idea what he was getting into. I do miss the untaxed $20/hr ~40hrs/week though unsure.gif
this summer, in between semesters, I want to try to get another IT tech job with something like Southwestern energy co. or Neibors or ect... lmk if you got a good idea you could key me in on wink.gif
-zak
He who dies with the most toys, wins.

jordanh420

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 87 CRX DX with Si Swap
Pizza Delivery........ gotta love the mileage.
It's pretty good for what it is.

redsautorehab

• 3gen enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: Vendors
    • Drives: 00 Dodge Durango, 01 Ford F250, 99 Chevy Tracker, 82 suzuki rm250
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
i am the only domestic driveability tech at a honda/acura shop in temecula, ca
"You play hard to get, I play hard to get rid of" Fez, That 70's Show

my website if you need parts for your car, and i don't have them at on my website, just pm me. I can get most of the common parts for our cars.

my vouch thread

RARECRX

• Officially retired.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1987 crx si,1985 CRX si, 2009 RS6,pimp'd out corolla,
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (Omega Mugen @ Feb 20 2007, 10:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Alright. Orthopedic surgeon, PA, RN, or PT?

Right now I'm not sure where I will branch. My options are to go PA-C first(My best option as of now) and get some experience in the OR, then possibly further education to Surgeon (If time/family permits It), or get into Kinesiology and further it as a sports medicine and PT for a PRO sports team??? I just have to get all this GEN-ED out of the way and decide whats best for my family and I...Still a looooong way to go

Edited by etmydst, 21 February 2007 - 01:21 AM.

3rd gen

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 06 PT cruiser,looking for a 3rd gen civic.
I work with Sanjel corporation in Alberta Canada doing oil well fracturing. It is a damn good job and it is pretty easy also. I clear 2x as much in six months at this job then I did in the first six months gross wages at my old job. Unfortunately spring break up is coming,hopefully I can find a 3rd gen to fix up before my budget gets a bit tighter.

Dadd

• Big wheels on a little car
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 87 CRX HF, 86 N/A Supra, 76 Mercedes 300D
    • Image Gallery
I run a bulk sales route for Frito Lay...if you bought potato chips at Kroger, Sams or Walmart, I put them there.
Laugh if you want, it runs

JeepGirl

• 1300cc's of fury!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: R.I.P ~Honali~ 3G civic now drives Silver 86 Civic hatch
QUOTE (3rd gen @ Feb 21 2007, 12:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I work with Sanjel corporation in Alberta Canada doing oil well fracturing. It is a damn good job and it is pretty easy also. I clear 2x as much in six months at this job then I did in the first six months gross wages at my old job. Unfortunately spring break up is coming,hopefully I can find a 3rd gen to fix up before my budget gets a bit tighter.

hey check it out!! another Albertan!!

stay the hell away from my 3G's.... ALL THE CLEAN 3G CIVIC's IN ALBERTA ARE BELONG TO TEH JEEPGIRL!!!!

repeat that 50 times then turn counter-clockwise 3 times while rubbing a 3G rear view mirror on your head.... ph34r.gif

ph34r.gif ph34r.gif ph34r.gif

heheh, just kidding.

have you told your ghost story yet?

welcome to the forum!

rprdotcom1cropped.gifRIPHonalicroppedsigpic.jpgAW1GMtu.jpgH4zO0Qb.jpg

Omega Mugen

• Dug Diggler
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 87 CRX w/Si motor, 86 Civic DX Hatch, 2001 Prelude
QUOTE (etmydst @ Feb 21 2007, 01:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Right now I'm not sure where I will branch. My options are to go PA-C first(My best option as of now) and get some experience in the OR, then possibly further education to Surgeon (If time/family permits It), or get into Kinesiology and further it as a sports medicine and PT for a PRO sports team??? I just have to get all this GEN-ED out of the way and decide whats best for my family and I...Still a looooong way to go

Good luck with that. I know that the going rate for orthopedic surgeons in my area is $200-300k/year. That is a lot of CRXs and Civics!

Going to Hawaii? You need a Dune Buggy.

WTB: 14x8 or 9" Panasports or Watanabe RS.

WTB: 3g Civic hatch gauge cowl, brown.

WTB: ZC header--FOUND

Giltaran

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 86 CRX Si, EW4, Stock as I can make her.
QUOTE (etmydst @ Feb 20 2007, 11:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I work as a medical transcriptionist for the largest hospital in the state, so I basically get to listen to all the people you want to be. If it helps, PT are the cheeriest, happiest, most upbeat sounding people in the world. Like Richard Simmons types on a sugar rush. Orth-Surg tend to be the arrested teenagers, lots of "i'm too cool to practice medicine" crap - if you want to spend the rest of your life on a high school football team, that's the way to go. PA-C's are cool, but always sound tired to me - I think they A the P's too much - permanent scut factory. I don't hear too many RNs, but the few I do sound competent and harried - which you'd expect in a nationwide shortage of qualified practitioners.

Hope it helps...

-Gil

Forcefed Si

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: turbo'ed 87 Civic Si Hatchback and a heavily modified jeep wrangler
you guys all sound smart. i build and install custom cabinets. but i am only 18 so i guess i still have some time to get smart and do something that sounds impressive.

Giltaran

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 86 CRX Si, EW4, Stock as I can make her.
QUOTE (Forcefed Si @ Feb 21 2007, 09:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
you guys all sound smart. i build and install custom cabinets. but i am only 18 so i guess i still have some time to get smart and do something that sounds impressive.

Stick with the carpentry, you'll make more money than I do, and you won't get fat.

jerfguy

• Computer nerd
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: Two tone black '85 CRX si: Kragen CAI + CF hood + D16a1 + rear seat + smoked corns + side markers + mudflaps.
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (JeepGirl @ Jan 4 2007, 06:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
no doubt about it. i took a 5 month course, one of those 2 year programs condensed down to a 5 month course, got all my certs:mcse, A+, Novell, cna, which was all easy to get due to lots of hands on that i had done. so yeah, all those certs PLUS 20 years worth of experience and i still cant get a job even just building machines in a mom and pop shop..... i could go and work for the geek squad, but they pay shit and i'd have to work for best buy (which does urine testing before hire laugh.gif )

networking is a tough nut to crack, TONS of private schools are (poorly) training thousands of new people every few months, you need to have something unique, you MUST specialize or you will struggle.

get some Linux training!!! more and more businesses are turning to open source for their business solutions and they are screaming for trained people to manage their systems/networks.

G thanks Jeep. tongue.gif

Well I have been working 67hrs a week for about 7 months now (doesn't leave much time for anything else. Not even the girly.). One doing database entry / management, and the other at the GeekSquad. Both are good for me. The only thing I don't like about the GeekSquad is the prices we charge these people to do the work. We charge people $130 to install an OS; EVEN if they have the restores CDs. But its nice to over charge the jerks. One thing I have learned is to never try and strong arm any one thats working on your stuff.
QUOTE (1stGenRex @ Sep 25 2006, 08:54 PM)
I'd piss on her

QUOTE (JEFFtheJ00la @ Jun 16 2006, 01:39 PM)
you guys figured out my secret. i sell my ass for cash. i shake it at the butt-nekkid every night. *puts head down in shame*

QUOTE (JEFFtheJ00la @ Sep 26 2006, 08:46 PM)
lol. i hate to admit it but i wanted to grab his titty, it looked that good.