Flashmatrix your car looks great. I love the two-tone cool.gif

Old School REX

• ホンダ、夢の力
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: -------- 1986' CRX Si (X2) -------- 1993' GMC Sanoma SLE
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (mallardtape @ Dec 23 2010, 07:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've got the honda civic hx wheels on my 86 hf. Running a 225/45R14 toyo proxes t1r tire.

I have a set of HX's that I am restoring. How do those tires fit size wise? They are so wide!!

Tim

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 Honda CRX Si
Ugly panther trispokes.

Anyone know the weight of these?? 15 x 7, I think. Got 195/50/15's on there, heavy as hell.

IMGP0116 by onwardjames, on Flickr

And to think I sold those 2 piece aluminum 13 x 9 racing wheels for 250. For all 4. Plus brand-new Hoosier 13x9 slicks. mad.gif A noob and his nice gear will soon be separated.

Cannot drive with the window up

ArnyBoy

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 87 CRX Si 86 Si Straman #108 92 NSX sold:( 13 ILX 06 Honda Ridgeline
    • Image Gallery

rockin the steel gray slips on my race beast!

Edited by ArnyBoy, 14 February 2011 - 12:15 PM.

I pitty the fool...

mallardtape

QUOTE (Old School REX @ Feb 10 2011, 12:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have a set of HX's that I am restoring. How do those tires fit size wise? They are so wide!!

They are a really tight fit. I would not recomend a 225 for a 5.5 wheel. They baloon out from the rim. They don't show any funny wear on the outside of the sidewall but when I removed the tire from the rim I saw that on the inside of the sidewall the rubber had stress cracks where it was balooned out. They drive just fine but I would be curious to see how the handling would change if they were on a 14x9 wheel instead. Probably the biggest tire I would recomend for the 5.5 wide HX wheels would be a 195.