The Top 12 Cars On Rpr

• You cannot reply to this topic
79 replies to this topic

Vicious

QUOTE (RARECRX @ Sep 24 2009, 06:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You too huh.. That's it Vicious, scratch yourself off my rare parts buying list for good... mad.gif

bring your car out and take some recent pics and i might consider adding you to the list tongue.gif

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Success is about standing out, not fitting in.

RARECRX

• Officially retired.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 crx si,1985 CRX si, 2009 RS6,pimp'd out corolla,
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (Vicious @ Sep 24 2009, 10:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
bring your car out and take some recent pics and i might consider adding you to the list tongue.gif

I did with a chick with a tanga by it.. That should be worth something..

GENONE

• CRX Obsessed
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 1983 CRX (29th Build), 1991 CRX, 1984 CRX HKS Supercharged
    • Image Gallery
ive emailed HT about my projects before - just to gauge interest in reverse... was asked for pics which i supplied and thats where it stopped. Haven't heard back just yet. In saying that all 3 gen1s are in need of some much needed TLC atm. GENONE sitting in dads garage needs to be started and cleaned, BANDIT is still waiting to be started and tuned with the HKS S/C and MUGEN is waiting to be finished too and then raced!... all projects atm in 100% meaning of that word!

my gen2 is the only one i can jump into atm and drive...

thanks WHITEBALLADE for the vote of confidence... smile.gif
Posted Image
[GENONE] 1983 CRX Ballade Sports 1.5 SOHC Efi
[BANDIT] 1984 CRX Ballade Sports 1.6 DOHC HKS Supercharged
[SINISTR] 1991 CRX Si 1.6 DOHC Efi

JEM MotorSports

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: me up the wall
QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Sep 22 2009, 08:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why are we objectifying these cars? Can we not love them, each and every one?

There are so many beautiful cars on this web site with hours of work, tons of money and imagination invested. But it is also the "barn finds," the craigslist specials, the rescues from the junkyard that make this community special. Cracked fenders, greasey engines and torn upholestry are beautiful also. Today's hooptie can always become a shining example later on.

Let's appreciate each and every car, let's not create seperate classes of vehicles, let's enjoy the original work of the Factory. Let's praise the individual vision of each owner/tuner. What works for me may not work for you, but let's appreciate each vision of what these cars can be.

Scott

Scott for president....

QUOTE (RARECRX @ Sep 22 2009, 08:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I like all of RPR's cars.. different stages, different types. 13's 19's 26's " rims.. I like em' all..

RareCRX for vice president...

E-AT_me

• go ahead. eat me..
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 Civic Si, 1991 Civic Si, 2001 Saab 9-3, 2007 Saab 9-3 Aero, 2003 Honda Pilot, 2009 Ducati Monster 696
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (Vicious @ Sep 24 2009, 10:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
sid's car is still around just in storage and it's owned by a member

r4dshkin's car is no longer? what happened when?

haven't seen any new pics of sids car..

and rfdshkin was dissecting it for an integra build. last i remember..

how come no one mentioned C25ahatch? i mean i guess he already had a magazine feature.. well, at least the car did. smile.gif
1986 Civic Si; b16a is in.. just gotta get it running..
longest swap ever..... :(

RETROCRX

• I AM THE STIG!!!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Awaiting Authorisation
    • Drives: 1987 CRX Si (with big flares and a ZC!) 2004 Civic SiR
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (E-AT_me @ Sep 25 2009, 09:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
how come no one mentioned C25ahatch? i mean i guess he already had a magazine feature.. well, at least the car did. smile.gif

Becasue I couldn't remember his screen name until you just posted it! And I haven't seen him around here much lately.

But a deserving car for sure. Mid motor V6....mmmmmmmm

Rob

Must.....go......racing.......

Screech

• Project CI2-VIC Team Lead
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 16 Ford RS, 84 Civic 2000S (B20Z2), 98 Civic EX
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I know I'm out there on this. But, if Lil-Buddy-2 is a white 86 Si hatch, we need an Civic Si white out triple feature. Lil_buddy (B16 OBD?) + E-AT_me (B16 OBD?) + Screech (B20 OBD2). What I find odd is that in looking back at Lil-Buddy 1.0 I see a lot of what I'm planning for my hatch body wise (body colored door handles and mirror) that I haven't noticed before about that project, or at least don't remember noticing.

Sgt. Pepper

I was lucky enough to see lil buddy #1 in person before it's demise. Phenominal is the best word to describe it. The attention to detail was second to none. A real inspiration. Definately a top 12, if not top 5 car on RPR. I don't know how #2 could be better, but I can't wait to see it.
Adding power makes you faster in the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere. - Colin Chapman

SuperTwinz

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
QUOTE (lil buddy @ Sep 24 2009, 07:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
not sure how they knew what happened???i promise lil buddy 2 will be just as nice if not better...
Matt Rodrez, one of the editors/photographers of Honda Tuning, asked me about your car and I told him to check out your build thread on here. He found your car on Honda Tech where you made a thread also. My friends from Super Street and Honda Tuning go on forums looking for features. If something catches their eyes they'll find away to get a hold of you.

Sometimes it's who you know, but if you put in hard work and spend some money, it's only a matter of time...

For me it's fun and games. If my car can get featured in a magazine, cool. If not, oh well, just have fun with the darn thing. Life goes on...

For some people, they build their cars just to get a feature. That's understandable. For some, the reward comes from winning races or wrenching on your car and then going out to the track to have fun. Driving the car and maintaining it is rewarding enough for me.

IG: supertwinz

OG Wagon

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1986 Crx Si
OK, once again, thanks to all for your submissions, thoughts, and comments. I had hoped that this would spark some interest, and it seems that it most certianly has.

I too have thought a great deal about this since my original posting. I agree with others that it is very difficult to choose just 12 cars to represent us, and as Scott was spoken wisely, it is difficult to not appreciate something from every member here.

Another member suggested an "RPR Magazine", and that is just what I propose we do. We need to start a WHOLE NEW SECTION of this forum, and I propose that we entitle it "RPR Magazine: A Photo-Card Archive of our Completed Rides", or something like that. In this forum section, we can then post completed TEMPLATES of our rides, along with spec information. I will work quickly to create an official template for the display of the many incredible cars on this site. The template will look much like the one at the bottom of this post. From this template, which I will save as an empty "pallete" in photoshop format (with layers, and text boxes w/ pre-saved font types, etc...) I can take images that will be emailed to me, and create something like a photo-card for each member who wishes to make an official submission. I will need a bit of help from atleast two other photoshop-savvy RPR members to get started, as I am sure that all three of us will be quite busy in the first few weeks of this project, but when complete, we should have a nice archive of "photo cards" that forum browsers can thumb through to very easily and quickly get a feel of the potential of a modified or restored 1G or 3G CRX/Civic.

From this photo-card archive, we can do a couple of other things:

(1) Once it is a little more "full", we can then send a link to Honda-Tech of our archive, in hopes of doing my original intentions, sparking up club interest.

(2) We can have a corresponding "open" account with winkflash, or some other interenet picture print-processing company, that will be an affordable way for members to order print outs of their personal photo-cards, as well as other members photo-cards should they wish. They will be cheap, depending on what size your order. We'll find a place that wil give us a good deal, like $0.25 per print out, or whatever.

- Using this system, members could have a nice 8x10 of their project or another favorite to frame if they wish, or they could print out multiple (or all) project photo-cards to begin making a "hard copy" RPR Magazine, and store the cards in a photo-album of some sort.

I think this would be a fun and interactive way to display all of the hard work that has gone in to EACH of these completed projects, whether they are race oriented, or street-only machines. It would also be very innovative, as I know of no other forum who has done something such as this. This will reflect the innovative thoughts of the many who have established this site an the core knowledge of these unique cars that we all now benefit from.

So, once again, I will need some volunteers. Here is what I think I will need (for now) on the official "RPR Magazine Commitee"

(3) diffent photo-shop savy folks to help me make the photo-cards, using my template (which I'll email you once we get you on-board). I am already volunteering to take on this role. So we only need two more in this department.
(1) person to upload the completed photo-cards to WinkFlash, or a related site, as the above three complete them. This person will also be responsible for finding us the best deal possible.

Here is a template that was made by a Mod over at ClubCivic.com The template is made of pics of my old EK hatch that won Ride of the Month back in April 2008 at their site. I simply emailed the mod my pics, and he made this from his template, as well as several other members rides.

Here's the link to the voting thread that month. There you can see the other rides, and how the pics of them fit into the same template, and create a nice uniform appearance, while still displaying the unique attributes of each car.

http://www.clubcivic...ad.php?t=138045

With your approval, I'll commence this project, by making an rough-draft template using the OG Wagon as our first subject. I'll then take all of your input on how we could best modify that template to everyone's liking, then we'll go from there.

ONCE WE HAVE AN APPROVED TEMPLATE i'll post my email address and then start asking everyone to email me the pics of their cars.

All are open to participate, but I think that we should gear this project towards cars that are completed. I konw that NONE of our cars are ever official complete, but I think that you all know what I mean by this, so I won't elaborate. We are trying to show the best of what this site and the 1G/3G Honda's have to offer. Cars with unpainted fenders, etc..., I just don't believe are appropriate for this project, not even on a race car submission. Some will surely disagree, and if so, then this is not the place for you to post. That is what the "projects" section of this site is for. You can post there, and we will still look onwards with GREAT support and admiration, looking forward to the one day when your project will reach a more "completed" stage.

Additionally, submissions need to be made by either a current OR previous owner. You may not make a submission of another persons ride. There are many beatiful cars out there, and many are not even members (or active members) of this site, such as the Sedan thread has shown. This project will encourage (1) More members to join our site so that they can share their creations and (2) members who are not currently active to once again touch base with this community, and share their completely cars.

What do you all think?

WagoCats HOOOOOOOO!!!!!

TribalHatch

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1986 Honda CiviC SI
[quote name='SuperTwinz' date='Sep 25 2009, 08:15 AM' post='463438'

For me it's fun and games. If my car can get featured in a magazine, cool. If not, oh well, just have fun with the darn thing. Life goes on...

For some people, they build their cars just to get a feature. That's understandable. For some, the reward comes from winning races or wrenching on your car and then going out to the track to have fun. Driving the car and maintaining it is rewarding enough for me.
[/quote]

yup yup, its like yoga to me, calms me down. wrenchin is a way of life to me.

Vicious

QUOTE (OG Wagon @ Sep 25 2009, 01:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here is a template that was made by a Mod over at ClubCivic.com

that mod wasn't Rand0m was it? me and him go back. he's a good guy.

sad to say clubcivic.com isn't what it used to be back in the day sad.gif

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Success is about standing out, not fitting in.

giraffe

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1987 crx si
sid's car is still my fave.
dam that thing is nice.
to poor for rice.

C8V6C

QUOTE (OG Wagon @ Sep 25 2009, 10:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What do you all think?

I think its a pretty sweet idea. I think it will accomplish what you are trying to do with the magazines hopefully

I suck at photoshop and I don't know how to do anything besides putting a border on the pics, so I can't really help sad.gif

844b096b-9fda-4214-b621-217bc4a6dce1.jpg

DEBTsE-at

• LeftHandShifting!
  • PipPip
    • Drives: Wonder E-at
Lets not forget my Debt ...
http://i592.photobuc...at/IMG00040.jpg
http://i592.photobuc...at/IMG00046.jpg

Edited by DEBTsE-at, 28 September 2009 - 02:40 PM.

...inDEBTwithGOD...MUGEN///POWER...