198 replies to this topic

Computer

• Brian spilner racing team
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 86 CRX DX, 03 MT IS300
    Garage View Garage
PM me if you want to be added.

Im thinking about only letting people have one spot on the list since its getting to be quite large. But its really up to everyone else if this is a problem.

86 crx

Computer

• PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
updated, and a new time for me w00t

86 crx

87sivtec

• can't wait for summer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 87 crx hf w/B18C and a RAM
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (Computer @ May 12 2007, 12:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
updated, and a new time for me w00t

Nice runs on friday night.
twitter: @lylehatton

Computer

• PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (87sivtec @ May 12 2007, 10:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nice runs on friday night.

hey thanks, still not used to those drag radials yet but i'll get there. Hopefully low 13's soon.

86 crx

a3h87

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: i'm gonna need these keys to 87 honda
whats the si stock time?
Powered By Honda

xFactor

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 02 wrx, 86 crx
Hey, thanks for seeing over the 1/4 mile thread. Please check out this slip that I ran at the Grassroots $2006 Challenge. The car was an '86 crx with an '87 d16a1 swap boosted at 5psi. The engine was bone stock, 190,000 on the odometer, and all that was really done to it was a wrx turbo (td04/13t), a 12/1 fmu, big fuel pump, sidemount turned frontmount intercooler and other little things, on 20" MT slicks. I'll spare you the geekery, but I bet this is one of the quicker internally stock d16a1 swaps. Oh yeah, it turned a whopping 157 hp on a big dynojet...

This was a thread that detailed the build better:
http://www.redpepper...d...29561&st=15

Here is the timeslip scan:

R/T .503 Lame....
60' 1.926 Not bad for cool slicks...
330 5.422 Grab 3rd gear...
1/8 8.306 Faster than my wrx with the factory turbo (ironic, because it's on the crx now...)
MPH 84.82 ...
1000 10.86 Stick it in fourth...
1/4 12.936 Creepin' on the 5th gear redline...
MPH 104.73 On par with an '04 M3 with the dsg tranny only running a 13.4 et.. rolleyes.gif (poor bmw... laugh.gif )

...I guess it's really light... wink.gif ...

later, x

icebox187

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
had to copy and paste this from the "all time top 5 quickest" i couldnt find the right one i guess:

ok, last weekend i got the cyberdyne gauge to read in the 13's.... finally, 13.8, didnt think to check the top speed of the run though, but now that im finally there (13's), i will soon be traveling to richmond to try to get some slips. on the same day i had a late 90's model z28 throw me a rev at the light.... stayed 2-3 lengths in front of him up to 80 mph (in a 45) then he backed off... then i backed off, didnt complete the 1/4 mile at full throttle and finished with 14.0, so im pretty sure i can squeeze a little more tenths out of her.

<-- gives self pat on the back for making a dx a 13 second car NA, also kicks self in ass for dumping 4500 into a dx. still proud of the accomplishment though!
grimms mom

Computer

• PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
UPDATED!!!

and icebox you should go to the track and get some runs in to see what it really does. Sounds like its pretty quick.

Also, this friday i saw someone running a black and silver 3g hatch at mission, i saw it go 20 seconds. Are they on this forum?

Edited by Computer, 04 June 2007 - 08:10 PM.

86 crx

PowerWheels86

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2015 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 CIVIC Si
    Garage View Garage
hey lilbuddy had an 11.31 quarter... was that turbo or N/A?
Dark Side of the Power........
Posted Image

Wheels

QUOTE (RARECRX @ Jun 26 2009, 06:55 PM)
The ONLY BMW's I like are (Beautiful Mexican Women)

Computer

• PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
woops

fixed, i think i did it because he already had a spot in the turbo category. But since its a different setup, i'll put it in anyways.

86 crx

icebox187

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
im taking that advice, and driving to richmond tomorrow night for test n tune..... anyone else gonna be out there????
grimms mom

Infinityzero

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: D16a1 Powered 3rd gen hatch, D15a1 Powered first gen Crx
QUOTE (Computer @ Jun 4 2007, 08:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
UPDATED!!!

and icebox you should go to the track and get some runs in to see what it really does. Sounds like its pretty quick.

Also, this friday i saw someone running a black and silver 3g hatch at mission, i saw it go 20 seconds. Are they on this forum?

That would be me, bahaha, I overheated the clutch on that one tongue.gif , Quickest run for me that night was a 16.9 at 81, Quickest run so far was a 16.0 at 84. I know the car has SO much more in it right now, I just have to wake it up. Right now as it sits, I have a large suspicion that my exhaust is clogged, So, I'm going to be getting a new exhaust within the next few weeks. I'm getting a JDM second generation zc exhaust manifold from a friend and I'm getting a test pipe and catyletic converter for free as well. I'll also be picking up a chipped pm6 this weekend and my cousin is going to help me tune it and set up some launch control. My goal is to have it out for the Friday night street legal's on June 29'th. Hopefully I'll be able to get some mid 15's out of it by then smile.gif

By the way, I was insanely impressed with your runs Computer, It's nice to see another RPR member out there!

Computer

• PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
hey thanks biggrin.gif Hopefully we'll see some 15's out of your car soon. Im sure it has it in it. As for mine it went 13.47 tonight. Its getting better!

86 crx

dnocrx

• www.wirednj.com
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 87 crx zc boosted
QUOTE (PowerWheels86 @ Jun 5 2007, 03:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hey lilbuddy had an 11.31 quarter... was that turbo or N/A?

that was d16a1 turbo with a small shot....the car was also around 2400 lbs wink.gif
RUN YOUR CAR NOT YOUR MOUTH

icebox187

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
didnt get to richmond this weekend or last .... ignition switch went out in the downtown portsmouth tunnel at 4 am last friday morning... car was down till sunday, then i had duty (navy) this weekend.... but i did get my new exhaust welded and bolted up (stock b16a1 4-2, modified 2-1 to 2.25" out, with flex pipe, magnaflow 2.25 cat converter, flowmaster thrush 31" 2.25 glasspack, 90 degrees and out the passenger side [sounds tooo good!!!]) hit 13.4 on the gauge, and hopefully ill get this thing to richmond this friday or saturday.
grimms mom