Texas Round Up 2010

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
110 replies to this topic

zakats

• 1980's birth control, brought to you by Honda.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: The work car, way more than I'd care to admit
    Garage View Garage
some video footage would be really good if we could get the guys with digital video capabilities to bring their equipment
He who dies with the most toys, wins.

Crx-Kid

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 crx
I am in ;] hahas

hmm we should start contacting each other within the following month to organize EVERYTHING so that we don't lag and end up not being able to do it or do it well

greasemonkeyreborne 5x1g's

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2018 Contributor
    • Drives: 9 crx's: #1 228k 87si beater, #2 concours 25K, #3 108K 87si, #4 98K parts car, #5 213K 87si parts car, #6 84 straman, #7 86si 150k #8 67k parts #9 129K si for straman conversion
CRX-kid,

Great! I think we have an outline from maybe 4 of us here in the DFW area. Need to understand what the guys need from out of town who are coming down, or thinking of coming down. Where are you from and what do you want to do?

BP and I scanned over 150 Honda OEM pages on the entire 87 model line up from 2 huge packages I have. BP passed out CD's last year w/ all the data. I'm going to burn more copies for the guys who come this year who didn't come. I don't have time or resources to ship/mail these, so I'll only make them available at the meet. I gotta get my cars done or else it'll go into the next decade.

When we get the planning done, we'll most likely make a new, clean post w/ the data and set it in stone. But the last Saturday in June is set in stone.

Let us know what you want/need.
Keepin' it OEM

Crx-Kid

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
I live in Carrolton. I've met with bp once because he sold me windows lolx.

I figure your around Hurst like Bp?

I head up to Ft. Worth alot so around that area such as haltom city is no biggie.

Uhm I'm open to any suggestions on what needs to be done. I'd just like a list so that people could volunteer as such and help make it easier for everyone to know what needs to be done and by when.

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 9 crx's: #1 228k 87si beater, #2 concours 25K, #3 108K 87si, #4 98K parts car, #5 213K 87si parts car, #6 84 straman, #7 86si 150k #8 67k parts #9 129K si for straman conversion
Sorry about that. I forgot you posted earlier on this. My mistake. I"m in the North Plano area.

Is there anything you 'd like to do?

Zak, Good point on video. Anyone got a set up? and good w/ Utube? Took me 12 months just to get using the gallary, so I'm out.

Keepin' it OEM

Crx-Kid

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Uhm no idea as of right now except the cruise part and scenery

ohs plano isn't too bad either

zakats

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
I don't have any decent recording device, my iphone doesn't take very good video- frame rate is too low and unsteady. I really want to buy a camcorder... maybe I'll buy one of those cams that everyone uses for autocross videos... whatever they're called

Crx-Kid

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
we should start updating the list of people who are going if any new additions were added or informed.

I can't wait for this meet to actually happen

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
TEXAS ROUNDUP 2010

HONDA 1G CRX / 3G HATCH
REGIONAL MEET

June 26th - Saturday

DALLAS / FT WORTH AREA

Hosted by DFW member Gimpalot - directions & contact information to follow

Schedule Under Construction (please send along interests. 2 day meet??? Possible?)

9AM - 1PM
Meet & Greet
Car Wash, Detail & Prep
Vintage Tin Display
Parts Swap/Buy/Sell
BBQ on Grill (begins around 11:30)

1PM - 4PM (Cruise / Go-Kart / Putt-Putt) up for group decision
2 fun zone locations for for arcade/putt-putt/go-kart racing
Cruise local attractions (6th floor museum/Southfork/Stockyards/Walker TX Ranger Bar/ etc...)
Cruise local skylines, Cowboy Statium and/or lake areas for photo opportunities

4PM - 7PM
Dinner BBQ
Refreshments
Vintage Tin Display

7PM - 9:30PM (to dark)
Evening sunset photo shots w/ skyline, Cowboy Statium, Lakeside scenery (another excuse for a cruise)

9:30PM on ???? up to group and Gimpalot

MEMBERS ATTENDING
86 Hamstersi
badpenny
Gimpalot
Greasemonkey
Zakats
CRX-Kid
MadMax (possible)
Sinic (possible)
Oklahoma members (don't want to speak for them, but some are attending)

DOOR PRIZE: CD COPY OF ENTIRE 87 HONDA PRODUCT LINE
(over 150 pages of vintage Honda litterature and photos)

87 CRX SI HONDA DEALER KIT PHOTO 11X17
(1 11x17 poster reproduction raffled)

Food cost: Free to out of towners. Hamster/Greasemonkey grocery shopping in AM. Asking for donations from local members

NEED: everyone bring a handheld FM radio for the cruise. If you don't have one, let us know. We'll try and find extras

Logding: contact us for over nighters
Keepin' it OEM

Sinic

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 04 STi, 00 STi RHD, 07 TL
Hmm.. I like the poster... blink.gif

Cant wait.

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
Sinic,

Are you coming up???
Keepin' it OEM

Sinic

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 04 STi, 00 STi RHD, 07 TL
QUOTE (greasemonkeyreborne 5x1g's @ Feb 3 2010, 06:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sinic,

Are you coming up???

I'm pretty sure. Trying to buy a crx now so I can drive up. If not then ill be going with zakats old car.

MadMax

• pepper-ed
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: pirate,ship
I'm down!!! I'll prob be driving my 94 integra though.
Rollin 1G style.. reppin those old school Honda's user posted image

zakats

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
I want that poster!!! I'm good with making donations toward the meet, lets make this one a big event.

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
I just have the one extra print of 11x17 on kodak paper. So we'll draw for numbers at the meet. If anyone wants one that doesn't get one, then you can pull it off euphorics site. Its my file that he touched up on helped us peppers by posting for us.

Any car is cool MadMax. I wasn't sure if you were a definate, So I'll put you down.

So everyone look over the schedule (during the day is left open. so the group can decide) I think some would prefer to hang out, and some others might want to go to an amusement park. So this will cover the entire group. Personnally, I just want to hand and get to know a lot of you, get pix, and cruise. And food is a bonus.

Keepin' it OEM