It's Time Again...

• You cannot reply to this topic
68 replies to this topic

UltimX

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
i can second that and i'm sure others can vouch for it also. I wish honda just came factory like that hahaha.... or atleast an option. It would be a pain in the ass to get parts from since they would be so expensive though hahaha.

gtpilot

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: '87 CRX Si - HYDRA, '86 CRX Si
    • Image Gallery
Unfortunately, you couldn't order it as an option - you had to call King Motorsport and they wanted $3K US for the kit back in the day...$1300 US for the kit now is a pretty reasonable price in my mind...

Kirk

ol'skoolrex_PH

• Street Racer
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 87 Ballade CRX, 87 CRX Si, 95 Civic
my Mugen catologue lists the aero kit as being 230,000 yen that's roughly $1800 us in todays rate of exchange... back then I'm sure it was more like 2200 or so. even with that.. 1300 is a WAY good deal!!

unfortunately I looked into it and selling a kidney or any other human organ is against the law in every country ( although Inda tends to be a little more leniant than other countries when it comes to that sort of thing)

eastsiderider

• Function over form!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 91 Civic Standard Hatch (B16 powered), 02 Civic EX, 03 Civic Si R.I.P.
    • Image Gallery
It is a nice ass kit. I can't wait to have mine on my car and painted...... sent the payment out yesterday via air mail biggrin.gif
SportInjectedClub

pack23

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
I cant wait for myne either, I sent out my payment yesterday....regular mail though....but a payment is a payment...

jv

nmcrxracer

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 2002 S2000 Vortech/ 86 CRX si race car
I have mine ready to go on. We will have the kit on and painted in a couple of weeks. I had big delays with the motor, but those problems have been solved and the project will be ready for pics soon. The kit is awesome and Jamie Houseman is a great shop to deal with!!!!

gtpilot

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: '87 CRX Si - HYDRA, '86 CRX Si
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (nmcrxracer @ Mar 19 2004, 03:04 PM)
I have mine ready to go on. We will have the kit on and painted in a couple of weeks. I had big delays with the motor, but those problems have been solved and the project will be ready for pics soon. The kit is awesome and Jamie Houseman is a great shop to deal with!!!!

Excellent news! Can't wait to see paint on it!

Kirk

LEW

• member 420
  • PipPipPipPipPip
QUOTE (gtpilot @ Mar 19 2004, 09:50 PM)
QUOTE (nmcrxracer @ Mar 19 2004, 03:04 PM)

Excellent news! Can't wait to see paint on it!

Kirk

2Nd ThaT

user posted image
ebay id mike_lew
user posted image

DSK 86CRX

• Team Tach-Out MotorSports
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1986 honda crx hf/si and my 86 civic hatchback si
    • Image Gallery
hey i got a question, it may be dumb to some of you but im not really sure of the answer. what are the rocker panels?

eastsiderider

• Function over form!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 91 Civic Standard Hatch (B16 powered), 02 Civic EX, 03 Civic Si R.I.P.
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (DSK 86CRX @ Mar 21 2004, 03:51 PM)
hey i got a question, it may be dumb to some of you but im not really sure of the answer. what are the rocker panels?

side skirts
SportInjectedClub

jsgprod

• The Beach....The only place where salt LOWERS your blood pressur
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LE and 2001 F250 SD
    • Image Gallery
To anybody out there who has received their kit, I have a question. Or if you know Kirk, maybe you could tell me.

How far out does the rear flare come out over the stock fender? If someone could measure the distance from the stock outer lip to the outer edge of the Mugen flare for me I would appreciate it.

Trying to decide which one to get for the rear of the race car, the street kit or the race flares. Narrower is obviously better if it’s wide enough for my application.

Thanks,
Jay

If you love the Elise, drive a Se7en - Caterham or whatever...
It has even less content than the Elise, is less graceful looking
...and changes direction like a ping pong ball whacked by Thor.

scull+gif+1.gif

jsgprods Gallery

jag

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: '87 CRX (electric)
I'm in... (is that five?)

I need fender flares and my bumpers look like crap so, I might as well do the whole thing.

Kirk, I emailed you...

-Jeremy

nmcrxracer

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
I am waiting for QT Pilot to post the pics of my 86 CRX Si Race car that Jamie Houseman forwarded to him. I could not get them to post on this site. They are of the kit installed but before paint. This will give everbody a chance to really see the kit and how nice it is. I will get more pics after paint and adjusting the front bumper reinforcement.

Guest_-TJ_*

• Group: Guests
Kirk is out of town on business. He won't be back until the 14th or 15th.

Jag - you can probably email Jamie Houseman directly about a kit since Kirk is away. [email protected]

nmcrxracer - I can post the pics for you.

email them to me [email protected]

Edited by -TJ, 06 May 2004 - 11:14 AM.

nmcrxracer

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
TJ- I sent the pics to your email. Thanks a million!!! I resized them for email-if you think they would come out better full size, let me know and I will resend. Phil