1980 Cvcc Civic B16 Swap 90% Done

• You cannot reply to this topic
82 replies to this topic

civic80vtec

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1980 civic B16vtec
ok i have the vid- of it starting up then it ran out of gas hop i did it right.
-
-

I had a 1979 cvcc-civic and it would not start up one morning so i went in the house told my wife i needed a push start, told her it needs to be about 35 mph to start.Its a honda-matic, she went off in her car i waited for 2 min. didn't know were she was going. I looked in my rearview mirror and seen her coming up behind and was doing about 40 mph ( "Slam" ) i should have explained better.

OVNi_CIVIC

• fear me...fear the self...
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: 85 Wagon AWD, 86 CRX, 01 EM2, 04 ES1, 93 civic hatch
    • Image Gallery
sweet, i really want a 1st or second gen civic hatch

"Tie two birds together, even though they have four wings they cannot fly"---Circle of Iron
MySpace.......... www.myspace.com/kored

Wagovan-Clan Member

1gcvcb18

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 84' Honda CIvic HB, 93 Honda Accord EX Wagon
    Garage View Garage
Sounds nice refuel that thing and get here on the road.

cbb4bf8a-8fb9-4b3f-9246-c8a7778a62a1_zps

Build Thread

1stGenRex

• Easily Amused....
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member

1GRPhotography
MySpace
I'ma in the Carburetion Nation

civic80vtec

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
QUOTE (1gcvcb18 @ May 6 2007, 07:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sounds nice refuel that thing and get here on the road.

befor i start again i pulled out the fuel tank and im running 3/8 line the staock ones were the size of vacumm lines lol after that ill be close to being done had to do the start up gatta see if it ran i changed all the parts as timing belt, water pump, oil pump exe.. so im happy with it soon it will be out driving.
I had a 1979 cvcc-civic and it would not start up one morning so i went in the house told my wife i needed a push start, told her it needs to be about 35 mph to start.Its a honda-matic, she went off in her car i waited for 2 min. didn't know were she was going. I looked in my rearview mirror and seen her coming up behind and was doing about 40 mph ( "Slam" ) i should have explained better.

ZcSi CRX

• STR8JKIT*MNTLCASE
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 91 crx, 95hardbody, 93 hardbody 4x4
The car looks really good. I'm glad somebody is taking the older cars out of the feilds and back to the streets. This comming weekend I'm picking 2 1980 civic hacth's with the intention of the same build. I have a 13.1 Ls Vtec To put in it. The motor made 177hp with a b16 header. The motor has been consistant 13.1's @ 101-103 mph in a 91 crx witha ls tranny. Was the frame rail width an issue with the alt like in the 88-91 civics/crx's? I'd planned on using a engine harness from a 92-95 civic since I can have it tuned using crome. I still need to do a further inspection of both cars before I can decide weather or not the chassis are gonna be salvageable. I got both cars and a title 4 one of the for $250.00 biggrin.gif . I have been tring to do this for a few years now, but the last car I was gonna get got crushed by accident at my friends salvage yard. My friend sent me a link from Honda Tech with a autocrosser with the same swap you have. I'm aslo tring to pick up a 1975 hacth that another salvage yard has coming in. Keep us updated on the progress.

1gcvcb18

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: 84' Honda CIvic HB, 93 Honda Accord EX Wagon
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (civic80vtec @ May 8 2007, 03:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
befor i start again i pulled out the fuel tank and im running 3/8 line the staock ones were the size of vacumm lines lol after that ill be close to being done had to do the start up gatta see if it ran i changed all the parts as timing belt, water pump, oil pump exe.. so im happy with it soon it will be out driving.
I had to do the same thing to the fuel return line had it welded at my dads job for free.

Before:

After:

Switch the return and supply lines around. The thicker 3/8 will be the supply and the other the return.

cbb4bf8a-8fb9-4b3f-9246-c8a7778a62a1_zps

Build Thread

civic80vtec

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
thats realy cool that other people are into the old cars as well and i have done a post of this car all over the net forums yes hondatech,, and honda swap some have diff. pics and info for people that asked on what to do with the same swap but hope to see other swaps posted for the 1st and 2nd gen civic swaps.

and for the fuel lines great job on the tank lines i used 3/8 line from jegs and ran the line like stock and did the weld on the tank for inlet - out

civic80vtec

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
i was looking for wheels for the civic and a guy i know said he had 4 NEW slicks for the cvcc that will fit great i had to drive an hour to get them look the tags are on still. hope they do ok.

civic80vtec

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
i don't know if i had shown the pic of the alt front mount bracket so here
and the clean up on the valve cov.

85supersleeper

• am i still in the slow lane???
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 1985 Honda Civic sedan
nice custom work man. big props for you!

civic80vtec

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
a walk around the car w/ the motor. biggrin.gif

hoopty dx

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 86 Civic, 92 civic, 06 taco
    • Image Gallery
car is gonna roast those yokohamas!
QUOTE (Ghost-One @ Jun 22 2004, 06:08 PM)
They got that engine out withtheir mighty facial hair cant you see

Team BUrnOUt Member # 3

civic80vtec

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
QUOTE (hoopty dx @ Jun 21 2007, 02:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
car is gonna roast those yokohamas!

lol hope so! there cheep small what more do ya want for a smoke off lol they were free can't let them go to waist.

bobdragster

• Without 無限Limit
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1980 Honda Prelude
    Garage View Garage
Was there anyone who helped you out with this swap? I imagine it would have been a pain in the ass without... Got anyone to refer me to?

Edited by bobdragster, 23 June 2007 - 11:54 PM.