Fs: Ult1gcrx, 300+hp '85 Si In Nc

• You cannot reply to this topic
250 replies to this topic

celerity

• The visible world is the invisible organization of energy.
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1987 CRX Si, 1991 Civic Hatch, 1987 4Runner SR5
Sorry Brian, I went through.. read it again.. completely unimpressed.

Built engines before and is a pro ? Why the stock cams ? That BOV came in a blisterpack and the manifold is a hack. Your B setup rocks that Civic's.

How about a nice Aerodeck ?

That's your style smile.gif
Passion, if fed, Survives
Love, in time, Adapts
Trust, if Betrayed, Limits
Hope, if believed in, Thrives
Dreams, if realised, become true
Truth, if validated, becomes fact
Death, if accepted, calms
Life, without question, Goes on.

Disco Stu

• Who's this guy?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 CRX Si, 2006 Mazda6i Hatchie
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (bryman10 @ Aug 8 2005, 10:44 PM)
Man, you guys REALLY don't want me to have this civic do you sad.gif ???

bryman

I don't think it's that so much as we don't want to see you make a mistake. car like yours, you're gonna be buried in it or you're gonna regret ever selling it. I see it alot. Friend of mine, her dad regrets getting rid of his '67 GTX. My old boss regretted selling his 70ish GTO Judge (which he thought he needed for a house down payment and then didn't need it, so he ended up starting with another GTO) and I'll bet he's regretting selling his 69ish all original yellow GTO w/the 3bbl carb and auto trans that had less than 15k miles on it. You're gonna regret selling ULT1GCRX. And what's worse, it could poison you into being one of those "I had it and I was stupid enough to sell it" types that lets eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeverybody know that you lost it and runs the risk of driving people away because of that. Not saying that it's a definate will-happen, but I don't wanna even see you risk having that happen.

bryman10

• Sterno
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 2006 Acura TSX 6MT, 2012 Honda Civic LX sedan (wifey's); 1996 Toyota Celica GT convertible (for sale)
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (Disco Stu @ Aug 9 2005, 03:10 AM)
QUOTE (bryman10 @ Aug 8 2005, 10:44 PM)

Man, you guys REALLY don't want me to have this civic do you sad.gif ???

bryman

And what's worse, it could poison you into being one of those "I had it and I was stupid enough to sell it" types that lets eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeverybody know that you lost it and runs the risk of driving people away because of that.

Ummmm.....what exactly are you saying here, Stu? blink.gif

bryman
Who the hell is this Zed C. person????
my ebay ID: sterno10

"Please", "I appreciate it", "thank you very much", "I'm sorry"= common courtesy....what a great concept (ESPECIALLY for business)!!

Posted Image

Posted Image
Wagonvan clan member

westcoaststyle

QUOTE (celerity @ Aug 8 2005, 08:09 PM)
Sorry Brian, I went through.. read it again.. completely unimpressed.

Built engines before and is a pro ? Why the stock cams ?  That BOV came in a blisterpack and the manifold is a hack.  Your B setup rocks that Civic's.

How about a nice Aerodeck ?

That's your style smile.gif

Wow, man, that's pretty harsh. I'm quite floored at the kind of response that Bryan is getting here. I would have assumed that a group of guys that he has known for this long would try to understand his position instead of chastising him for wanting a change. If you all are so hard-up for the 'right person' to buy the car, then buy it yourselves - save the CRX. smile.gif

Yes, I'm the guy selling the Civic that Bryan is interested in, but I could honestly care less whether or not he buys it as he and I have formed more of a friendship in the last couple of weeks over the usual buyer/seller relationship. I haven't known him nearly as long as many of you have and I understand where he is coming from and what his needs/desires are in this situation. People need a change sometimes. In the grand scheme of things, it's a car... it is a nice, special, different from the norm CRX, but ultimately still a car. I've had to come to this realization in my situation as well. I've put 4-5 long, painstaking, bloody, emotional, expensive years into it (only to be looked down upon by some obviously very technically apt and rarely impressed users of RPR, I might add - but that is beside the point).

It's obvious that this is not an easy decision for Bryan. Have any of you considered that he also has a life that is on a higher plain than the fate of this car? There could be many other factors that play into this situation than some - and many - of you have even considered based on the posts going on here.

I know that many of you just see me as the incredibly bias party in the situation, and that is the risk I am willing to take to at least be one of the few that will pat Bryan on the back and say 'you have to do what you have to do, man.' I'm not out to save the world, but I hope that some of you at least open your mind enough to show the support that is obvioulsy lacking.

Have a good night everyone. smile.gif

Screech

• Project CI2-VIC Team Lead
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 16 Ford RS, 84 Civic 2000S (B20Z2), 98 Civic EX
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
How many doors are on the newer honda you own, the one you use for work? I can fully understand wanting 4 doors, it sucks straping kids into car seats while laying on the back of the front seat.

I think it'll be in for some retuning if brought here from that elevation.

Screech
------------------------

16 Ford RS (2.3l, DS)
84 Civic 2000S (B20Z2 2.0l, SMF)

Disco Stu

• Who's this guy?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1987 CRX Si, 2006 Mazda6i Hatchie
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (bryman10 @ Aug 8 2005, 11:56 PM)
Ummmm.....what exactly are you saying here, Stu? blink.gif

bryman

I'm just sayin' I don't want you doing something that you'll regret, 'cause I've seen regret do some nasty things to people. Don't want it happening to you, you're too nice a guy to let it happen to.

85c-rex

• For the Tenacious, no road is impassable
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1996 Nissan 200sx SE-R(DD), 1969 Ford Mustang (Hot Rod), 1985 Crx Dx (Dead)
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
well...yeah...we are cranky...because it would be like the louvre selling the mona lisa to get a fancy hamburger....i dunno..its weird..there are a lot of high horse civics, so its not overly impressive to me (the work is good quality tho), but i do see where you are coming from...so i dunno

Edited by 85c-rex, 09 August 2005 - 12:56 AM.

There are 3 goals when modding a car.
Cheap, Reliable, and Fast.
Now the down side. You only get to pick 2...
user posted image
Fact: A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have turned Emo.

Put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% who stayed gangster as $h!t.

Hollowman

• Torsion Bar Groopie..
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2015 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 Civic SI w/ ZC, 2002 S2000
    • Image Gallery
OK guys.. I know we are all passionate about Bryan's car and don't want it to fall into the "wrong hands" but it is his decision.. He has thought about it carefully and came to the painful conclusion that he needs to sell it for a pretty heavy reason, family.. I don't know the whole reason as I only know what has been posted here about it.. I say we stop chastising him for having/wanting to sell his pride and joy.. It's hard enough.. I say we help him find a good home for it..

If I had the money, I would travel from CA to go buy it..
RIP Block# D16A12011451.. It will be missed..

James Bond (Diamonds are Forever): "That's a nice little nothing you're almost wearing. I approve."

Posted Image

Hollowman

• Torsion Bar Groopie..
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2015 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 Civic SI w/ ZC, 2002 S2000
    • Image Gallery
Oh and by the way the Civic 4-door he wants to buy looks pretty good from what I have seen from the link.. That's all I will say about the car as my opinion of it was made in another post.. cool.gif
RIP Block# D16A12011451.. It will be missed..

James Bond (Diamonds are Forever): "That's a nice little nothing you're almost wearing. I approve."

Posted Image

Airgazm86

• Ungawa!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: '86 Std. hatchback, '06 Mitsu EVO IX SE, '15 Mitsu Lancer EVO X FE
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
This may be a dumb idea, but what about trading westcoaststyle your ULT1GCRX for his awesome sedan? That way you will both have sweet turbo cars that will be in the hands of people who you know will take care of them. biggrin.gif

Or if you want 4 doors and some crazy power, check into buying an EVO. I know you probably can't find one for anywhere close to 15k, but slap on a bigger turbo and exhaust and you'll be in the 11's all day long on the stock bottom end. biggrin.gif

DSMTimeline.jpg

celerity

• The visible world is the invisible organization of energy.
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1987 CRX Si, 1991 Civic Hatch, 1987 4Runner SR5
QUOTE (85c-rex @ Aug 9 2005, 12:48 AM)
well...yeah...we are cranky...because it would be like the louvre selling the mona lisa to get a fancy hamburger....

That's it exactly.

QUOTE (Airgazm86 @ Aug 9 2005, 01:28 AM)
Or if you want 4 doors and some crazy power, check into buying an EVO.

The Civic is still more power than an EVO With some tweaks.

The thing I'm trying to push here is that he can give the car to anyone - But not for anywhere NEAR the money he wants. It's not that it's not worth it, but people who are shopping for CRXs don't have this kind of scratch. IF this were a Porsche board, then it would be different. I would say the best way to go about getting rid of the car is to part out the goodies one at a time, and then the "shell" (Which will be a pretty stock looking CRX with a B18) to someone with the ability to move forward in their own direction.

You won't get more than $6000 for it simply because someone looking for a CRX doesn't HAVE $6000 just kicking around !

Hell, they don't have more than $1500, on average. I know I don't.

QUOTE (westcoaststyle)
I've put 4-5 long, painstaking, bloody, emotional, expensive years into it (only to be looked down upon by some obviously very technically apt and rarely impressed users of RPR, I might add - but that is beside the point).

Welcome to the club man. Sucks doesn't it. I know you're getting upset just reading out my name, but you gotta understand I'm not knocking your car as it sits at all. You've got the numbers to prove the result. What I am saying is that your car isn't worth $15,000. Again, not trying to insult you, but its simply not worth it.

My Celica was valued by Christies Auction House, using production figures and condition alone, was valued at $23,000. Yeah, #13 of 400 made, numbered series. In the end I got NOTHING for it because a car is only really worth what someone will pay for it. And yes, the other Celica guys were impressed by the car, agree to it's value - and then couldn't offer 1/23rd of that cost. Because people who are into old Toyotas don't buy cars like that. Sorry, it's the truth.

And all the while I argue against you selling a car for so much, you're sitting there laughing because you, unlike me, FOUND his buyer for the top dollar. And the buyer WANTS it for your price. We believe (I do, at least) that at that price he's making a big mistake - And would like to see something better come from this.

And thus, the whole deal stinks to us.

-> Steve
Passion, if fed, Survives
Love, in time, Adapts
Trust, if Betrayed, Limits
Hope, if believed in, Thrives
Dreams, if realised, become true
Truth, if validated, becomes fact
Death, if accepted, calms
Life, without question, Goes on.

JEFFtheJ00la

• i was the first one to rent this monte, lol
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 86crx soon to be b20b, 96Grand am sedan(9.22 1/8th), 79Trans am 403 to 350 in prog. , 03Dakota DD, 86 civic sedan si swap dd
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
leather doesnt help. my uncle has leather seats and boy when i got in his car last i wanted to kick his girlfriends son's butt. kids+nice cars=damage in some way. if it were me id sell the kids before the rex (just kidding)

SportInjectedClubvisit my myspace SAHCR Member

if your offended by anything i post, you need to seriously get a life

JDN14

QUOTE (celerity @ Aug 9 2005, 08:12 AM)
QUOTE (85c-rex @ Aug 9 2005, 12:48 AM)
well...yeah...we are cranky...because it would be like the louvre selling the mona lisa to get a fancy hamburger....

That's it exactly.

QUOTE (westcoaststyle)
I've put 4-5 long, painstaking, bloody, emotional, expensive years into it (only to be looked down upon by some obviously very technically apt and rarely impressed users of RPR, I might add - but that is beside the point).

Welcome to the club man. Sucks doesn't it. I know you're getting upset just reading out my name, but you gotta understand I'm not knocking your car as it sits at all. You've got the numbers to prove the result. What I am saying is that your car isn't worth $15,000. Again, not trying to insult you, but its simply not worth it.

My Celica was valued by Christies Auction House, using production figures and condition alone, was valued at $23,000. Yeah, #13 of 400 made, numbered series. In the end I got NOTHING for it because a car is only really worth what someone will pay for it. And yes, the other Celica guys were impressed by the car, agree to it's value - and then couldn't offer 1/23rd of that cost. Because people who are into old Toyotas don't buy cars like that. Sorry, it's the truth.

And all the while I argue against you selling a car for so much, you're sitting there laughing because you, unlike me, FOUND his buyer for the top dollar. And the buyer WANTS it for your price. We believe (I do, at least) that at that price he's making a big mistake - And would like to see something better come from this.

And thus, the whole deal stinks to us.

-> Steve

That's a little harsh. Looking at it, i found $15K to sound like fair deal. I know we all love ULT1G, but some of you need to quit whining about a car that's NOT YOURS. He may regret it down the line, he may not, it's HIS DECISION.

Instead of implying that he's retarded for selling it, maybe you guys should be a little more supportive. It's not like he's trading it in for a cavalier. Sometimes a toy becomes a little unpractical, especially one with a miniscule backseat whose only safety feature is a seatbelt.

Pardon my observation here, but Brian just called a 4 door Civic a "high performance car".

As for this, what do you think the CRX is, a ferrari competitor? Dont get me wrong, i love my CRX as much as the rest of you, but if you think honda had a high performance vehicle in mind when the built it you must be on something.
93 Toyota Previa: Mid Engine, AWD people mover.

JEFFtheJ00la

• i was the first one to rent this monte, lol
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 86crx soon to be b20b, 96Grand am sedan(9.22 1/8th), 79Trans am 403 to 350 in prog. , 03Dakota DD, 86 civic sedan si swap dd
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
i think we just dont want to see the demise of his crx. i know plenty of kids who could say ohh daddy, i just have to have that car. and then its wrecked the next week.

SportInjectedClubvisit my myspace SAHCR Member

if your offended by anything i post, you need to seriously get a life

down4ce

QUOTE (JDN169 @ Aug 9 2005, 09:07 AM)
As for this, what do you think the CRX is, a ferrari competitor?  Dont get me wrong, i love my CRX as much as the rest of you, but if you think honda had a high performance vehicle in mind when the built it you must be on something.

huh.gif The only thing it lacked was more power, least it doesn't look like a bird shit it out