87 Project Car Underway 56k Be Warned

• You cannot reply to this topic
439 replies to this topic

david21ky

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
UPDATE got my goodies in... woooo...
like the taillights ill have to modify and make brkets etc. to get em on but here they are.. VERY NICE i might add..

got the stock headlights off... the 88's are much longer.. i could tell once i got em off.. its RAINING AGAIN!! shew i hate rain.. but over al lthey fit on there and held with no modifications whatsoever.. so i mean IT MAY NOT be that hard..

the corner pieces stick out to much.. theres so much thats goin to have to happen to the front end BEFORE i put them lights on.. the fenders will have to put on.. the header panel will have to be taken on and off ALOT to ad to it to make the lights look good... and flush.. il have to fabricate them into the fender.. its just sheww the main thing im worried about is.. where the 88's and up had 2 lightbulbs while the 87's and down only had the one?? shewww and it beein a 9004 on the 87 and 9005 on the 88's ... i dunno what im goin to do there ANY SUGGESTIONS.. like how to wire them? heres a shot of the tail...im redoing the lights i dont like all that chrome.. so i usedULTRA FLAT BLACK..to paint em.. i like it better since im planning on doing the WHOLE car black.

and i had a little problem.. i had my hatch up and well the struts to hold the hatch up dont work.. well wind caught the hatch blew it up and i had it branced there with a piece of wood.. and the damn thing came rightdown on both my hands it hurt liek the dickens.. and it dislocated my right hand ring finger. and cut my pinky REALLY BAD it doesnt look painful in the pics except for the ring finger but it cut right in the bends and it cant barely move my hands.. lol..

anyways onto the taillights again.. i masked them off and well i took 320 grit sandpaper and frosted them out.. THEY LOOK GOOD i think.. they turned out really nice looking i was happy with them..

and after i pulled the tape off...

thats pretty much it.. OHH i put my new alternator on i TOOK the WHOLE air conditionaing system out.. freed up a lot of space and weight.. just thought you all should know that.. replaced the oxygen sensor.. thats pretty much it.. lol.. if iaint at work.. im working on this build.. hope u guys like it tell me what u think of them projectors i think they kick ass..they look so much better in person. mmm delecious haha

jerfguy

• Computer nerd
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: Two tone black '85 CRX si: Kragen CAI + CF hood + D16a1 + rear seat + smoked corns + side markers + mudflaps.
    • Image Gallery
Those lights do look sweet.
QUOTE (1stGenRex @ Sep 25 2006, 08:54 PM)
I'd piss on her

QUOTE (JEFFtheJ00la @ Jun 16 2006, 01:39 PM)
you guys figured out my secret. i sell my ass for cash. i shake it at the butt-nekkid every night. *puts head down in shame*

QUOTE (JEFFtheJ00la @ Sep 26 2006, 08:46 PM)
lol. i hate to admit it but i wanted to grab his titty, it looked that good.

crazi-85crx

QUOTE (jerfguy @ Apr 6 2006, 06:40 PM)
Those lights do look sweet.

that they do.

how much were the headlights, and where from???

SilverRex-Bullet

• Nerd
  • PipPipPip
srry bout ur fingers man......damn that sux

those projectors look f*$kin sweet....i wish sum1 would make us sum......like professionally

i like the frosted tailights too....good work

good luck on build and ur hand......

Glenn cool.gif

crazi-85crx

QUOTE (crazi-85crx @ Apr 6 2006, 06:42 PM)
how much were the headlights, and where from???

smile.gif

david21ky

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
i bought them used off ebay off a boy in california.. only give 100 for em they are used BUT CHA CANT TELL IT.. i usually buy stuff off people thats used and not new cause it helps u know get it her faster cause ur buyin it fro ma person and not company. u know what i mean. i just.. i just hope i can get em to fit.. WHAT SHOULD I DO ABOUT the 9004 lamps in the 87 and with the projectors having 2 lightbulbs and 9005's HOW CAN I WIRE THEM .. anybody any ideas?

Malkolm666

Hello. Ithink you doing a nice job on your car.
I have not the same taste as u but I like your ideas! Keep em coming!
And I think you doing a great work, rain, fingers and all that problems is not getting u. smile.gif

Those frosted tailights are SWEET! biggrin.gif

Can I give you a tip? Get youre hands on a manual or "how-to-do-engines"book on ebay. wink.gif

I´m sorry but I cant help you with the wiring. sad.gif
Catch me if you can...
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
[

sindrlla

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 87 Honda Civic AWD Wagon
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (hgca @ Apr 3 2006, 08:08 AM)
all I got to say is.... WOW.....

I am not a fan of rice either, but where I am from, alot of younger people turn 15, pick a car, and by the time they turn 16 it's back from the speed shop and the body shop and the car audio shop, and they get a riced out car with no iterior "to save weight" but a 400lb stereo system and a wing big enought to fly a 747.... with no work involved. Mommy and Daddy buy it all.

if that's the look your going for, I understand... not my cup of tea, but, OK.... smile.gif

it's just nice to see a young person work on there car. mad props, no matter what it turns out like.... P.S. my first car was a POS, and I worked on it ALOT, probably making it worse... smile.gif but it was an awsome learning experiance, and I know I wouldn't be where I am, doing what I am doing today, if I hadn't worked on "fixed, sometime broke" my own cars...

This is it exactly. It is so cool that if you want that look, you're working for it....instead of someone else paying someone else to do it for you. Great Work!

Visit: Asimo - The Coolest LowRider

FI Blacktop D16A1/ZC Hybrid

85c-rex

• For the Tenacious, no road is impassable
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1996 Nissan 200sx SE-R(DD), 1969 Ford Mustang (Hot Rod), 1985 Crx Dx (Dead)
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
thats right...i ruined my car with one well placed stroke of a spray can...but i learned a lesson from it happy.gif

and i don't like the wing, but the heads and tails will be neat when done
There are 3 goals when modding a car.
Cheap, Reliable, and Fast.
Now the down side. You only get to pick 2...
user posted image
Fact: A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have turned Emo.

Put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% who stayed gangster as $h!t.

cal_gecko

• Resident Gecko
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1994 Miata 5 speed, 1971 Dodge Dart Swinger (restoration purgatory)
wow.. I'm all about personal expression when it comes to fixing up your own car - but I can tell you, from the perspective of someone who went to trade school for auto body/refinishing and worked in the industry for almost 8 years - you are really doing a hack job on all the body work. It will not last more than a year if you're lucky.

Naval Jelly on rust??? Oh man... I'm gonna cry.

Good luck with it though... and have fun

Should bought a Toyota for a project like that though!
user posted image
White '94 Miata with Hardtop, Bilstein HD shocks, Neuspeed Sway Bars, and 55k miles .. my new love.

david21ky

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
i dont know that much.. im teaching myself,
i dont have anyone to teach me to weld or anything sad.gif....

david21ky

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
oh forgot to tell you guys.. look what i got off a friend.. shes lettin me have all 4 for 100 dollars..she traded in her car and got a jeep liberty and took her wheels off so she didnt need them.. i wasnt sure about the wheel offset so i borrowed one of them to see if they bolted on.. they came off a 98 ford excort... i dont like the white BUT GAWW 100 dollars for a set of 17's with tires...ummm... anybody would have jumped on that.. BUT i did get the one on and it fit NO PROBS.. had clearance on the top and behind the wheel.

anybody wanna buy my old school wheels? ill even throw in the tires lol

make me an offer..

badpenny

• tinker, tinker....BOOOOOOM!!!! then I run around
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: Don't, because they don't run and I am a crappy mechanic.
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I want the rims. I will give ya $10 each plus cost of shipping to 75052 through USPS.
Honda, because it's hard to look baller in your mom's Volvo.Posted Image 
The entire tool selection at Sears or the contents of a Snap-On truck will do you no good if you do not know how to use them.

david21ky

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
sold..
do u have icq or yahoo messenger where i can get all the info for me to ship em to ya.. i dont lke using the IM on this web-site and stuff.
tell me what instant messenger ya got and we'll be in business
THANKS MAN i dont have any use for em they'll just lay around and get all dirty and stuff

badpenny

• tinker, tinker....BOOOOOOM!!!! then I run around
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: Don't, because they don't run and I am a crappy mechanic.
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
[email protected]
Honda, because it's hard to look baller in your mom's Volvo.Posted Image 
The entire tool selection at Sears or the contents of a Snap-On truck will do you no good if you do not know how to use them.