How Much Duct Tape Is On Your Car?

• You cannot reply to this topic
45 replies to this topic

JeepGirl

• 1300cc's of fury!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: R.I.P ~Honali~ 3G civic now drives Silver 86 Civic hatch
zero duct tape, nadda. tons of zip ties holding my wiring under my dash in nice neat bundles, i solder and heatshrink all my connections thankyouverymuch, measure twice/cut once, do it right the first time and it wont leave me stranded at a busy intersection.

i did however have a 78 ford f250 supercab that most of the body was ducttape and black barbq paint ph34r.gif

you will note that my most horrific stories about my worst cars all involve driving them across canada.

ok, so i needed to drive across canada and the firefly i had just baught kept spitting out starters because the PO had done an auto to manual conversion and forgot to swap a manual flywheel, he push started it for 2 years before he sold it to the used dealer i bought it from... anyway, i hunted down the PO and traded him his old firefly for this beat to hell 78 f250 supercab. primer black, only the 2 front cab mounts were there and the steering coloum wasnt totally hooked up right (i could pull the wheel towards me 2 inch's and get a half a wheel turn of play before the front wheels would turn) anyway, i really really needed to get across the country. i made it half way across, into manitoba and i got pulled over and had the truck impounded.

well, small little town, i had no family to send me money and this little town didnt want me on their welfare system, so they gave me $500, gave me my truck back and waived all fines and towing fee's after putting me up in a hotel overnight. $800 bucks in my purse? SWEET!! lol

the very first place i stop in the very next town is a canadian tire, i bought a whole box of hundredmileanhour tape and another box of high heat black bbq paint and covered the whole truck with it. i wish i had a camera at the time. let me paint you a picture.

the truck when i got it had 37 spare tires and rims in the bed, primer black, had to start it by jumping the starter seloid with a big screwdriver, rust on the box had eaten its way from the wheel arch all the way clear up to the bedrails on both sides, holes in the big enough for me to stand on the pavement below the truck, rust holes peppered through all over the cab, the only place the rust hadnt gone through was the roof. and like i said before, no rear cab mounts (drove through a truckstop to get gas and turned around where the trucks park, hit some ruts and the whole back of the cab lifted 2 feet off the frame making me hit my head on the roof and landing on the passenger side and i was only going 3kph maybe!! )

so out in the parking lot for an entire day with a box of duct tape and a box of black bbq paint i made that truck look like it was sanded/primed and ready for paint!! it looked great for about 6 months then it started to fall off and i got pulled over again, they didnt give the truck back that time rolleyes.gif

the things 18 year old girls do... just drop everything to go to a rave with friends in BC and this is what happens..... i was living in niagara falls at the time, just quit my job and left..... laugh.gif

i have about 14 more Brittany Drives Across Canada stories left, all with different cars and all very memorable laugh.gif

any of you have funny trip stories or funny trip stories involving duct tape (trying to stay somewhat ontopic... )

maybe we need a funny road stories thread?

Edited by JeepGirl, 22 September 2006 - 10:10 AM.

rprdotcom1cropped.gifRIPHonalicroppedsigpic.jpgAW1GMtu.jpgH4zO0Qb.jpg