61 replies to this topic

86 civic crx

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1986 Honda Civic Crx
so anyone got any other ideas?

zakats

• 1980's birth control, brought to you by Honda.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: The work car, way more than I'd care to admit
    Garage View Garage
do this

X's denote things that need to be gotten rid of- though the box on the pass. side doesn't really matter now that nothing connects to it... yank that thing off!

the two little X's on the left (passenger side) need to be unplugged and left open (or just route hoses left open in a hidden location so your inspector doesn't bitch)

X on the back- those ports need to be capped- probably doesn't make much of a difference but it'd be a good thing to do.

X closest to the front of the car needs to be routed to the secondary... when I had my secondary disconnected my car ran like a bag of ass!

One of these days I'll get my hands on another stock carb'd car and do a FULL step-by-step, with pictures, write up.
He who dies with the most toys, wins.

86 civic crx

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
that line that runs to the very front left of the carb that line has vacuum and it keeps the idle from staying at 2,000rpm when i drive it that the only reason its there it connects to port on the very right bottom of the carb

zakats

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
it shouldn't be that way. If you adjust the screw on it to where it doesn't touch the throttle then it won't be a problem

86 civic crx

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
alright i will give it a try on Friday after work also is this a cdm carb?

http://www.carbureto...om/expvw31.html

Edited by 86 civic crx, 15 August 2008 - 04:39 AM.

86 civic crx

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
still nothing but check out the new addition to the family

http://seattle.craig.../798303091.html

zakats

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (86 civic crx @ Aug 15 2008, 12:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
alright i will give it a try on Friday after work also is this a cdm carb?

http://www.carbureto...om/expvw31.html

I believe so

QUOTE (86 civic crx @ Aug 18 2008, 01:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
still nothing but check out the new addition to the family

http://seattle.craig.../798303091.html

it's only a matter of time until you abandon the crx now

86 civic crx

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh no cause i owe that car allot, i have learned so much from it and i feel as if im the only one who can get her on the road and for some reason it has found a special place in my hear, also i signed up for my senior project and the only way i can pass high school now is to get her running so there is now way i can abandon her and besides the 240sx doesn't have the same feel as the crx but i do like the 240sx allot and the crx will receive more attention i just need to wait for my day off to work on her

UPDATE: alright guys apparently some idiot forget his car in neutral even tho its not a stick, so it goes flying down my street and through my yard and driveway, luckily i parked the crx in the garage this morning before i went to work apparently if i hadn't it would of hit the crx and the crx would have gone to the crusher any way so it hit my neighbors house biggrin.gif

UPDATE: ok guys i have given up on the crx its going to the crusher tuesday.........................JK JK JK, but really i have given up so my plan is now to save up atleast 3,000$ and each paycheck i get is atleast 500$ every two weeks, so im gonna take it to Honda and have them rebuild the motor and return it to stock and then have alll the rust removed so it all should be done in like 7-12 months i guess i do have to put up with all those vac lines again i dont care cause atleast the car gets a second chance at life with its original motor smile.gif

Edited by 86 civic crx, 18 August 2008 - 08:46 PM.

anassa

• Slowest of em all.
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1985 Honda CRX Si
QUOTE (86 civic crx @ Aug 18 2008, 06:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh no cause i owe that car allot, i have learned so much from it and i feel as if im the only one who can get her on the road and for some reason it has found a special place in my hear, also i signed up for my senior project and the only way i can pass high school now is to get her running so there is now way i can abandon her and besides the 240sx doesn't have the same feel as the crx but i do like the 240sx allot and the crx will receive more attention i just need to wait for my day off to work on her

UPDATE: alright guys apparently some idiot forget his car in neutral even tho its not a stick, so it goes flying down my street and through my yard and driveway, luckily i parked the crx in the garage this morning before i went to work apparently if i hadn't it would of hit the crx and the crx would have gone to the crusher any way so it hit my neighbors house biggrin.gif

UPDATE: ok guys i have given up on the crx its going to the crusher tuesday.........................JK JK JK, but really i have given up so my plan is now to save up atleast 3,000$ and each paycheck i get is atleast 500$ every two weeks, so im gonna take it to Honda and have them rebuild the motor and return it to stock and then have alll the rust removed so it all should be done in like 7-12 months i guess i do have to put up with all those vac lines again i dont care cause atleast the car gets a second chance at life with its original motor smile.gif

If your going to rebuild the engine and put all the money in it you might as well swap in the Si engine and convert to FI. then you might as well go with D16a1, ehh for some reason I like the single slammer more.
biggrin.gif
Someday my car will look as clean and sexy as this:

-1997 318ti DD

-1989 240sx sold on CL

-1985 CRX DX, sold to Justin

-1985 CRX Si, sold to Indyman.

-1991 CRX Si, totaled in the mountains, RIP

zakats

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
those are quitter's words

just buy a built motor from a rpr member and swap it in

you could just buy the weber carb kit from ebay!
you have PM

86 civic crx

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
see the problem for me is im 15 so i don't know how to do engine swaps yet let alone wire up a ecu for a FI engine so yeah but i was thinking i could rebuild it my self and but again same problem i don't have enough experience so as of right now i kinda want to wait until i complete some courses on cars at school but that Weber carb looks very interesting, but i don't buy anything off eBay any more so can someone send me a link to their site and a part number tha would be very helpful also i might of found a site that sells the cdm carbs so im gonna take a look at that

zakats

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
a CDM carb wouldn't work for you unless you swapped to a cdm head or Si head. I've never had a problem with ebay, just play it safe and you'll be fine. The weber install ought to be very easy it even comes with instructions.
also you have a carb'd crx, there is no ECU, everything is plug and play but I catch your drift... there is plenty of time for learning

86 civic crx

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
yeah i know there is no ecu in a car'd car but someone suggested i switch to a si motor and i said i cant even put a engine let alone wire up a ecu for a FI engine, but i really don't like using eBay i do prefer buying it straight from the manufacturer so if anyone has a part # and the name of a website, also the cdm carbs, where they used in the 70's civics by any chance, also my grandpa has been a mechanic for 50+ years so i can get a different head on the car he is just to old to help me rebuild a motor or swap one but he can help me swap heads so yeah also my uncle has like 10 years worth of experience but again he's to busy

zakats

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
if you swapped heads you could use the CDM manifold yes, and it would make everything simpler but if this is a daily driver and is going to be a big hassle to get the head swapped, you could just go with the weber kit.

weber kit for cvcc (stock) head:
p/n K701

Pierce manifolds catalog page:
http://www.pierceman...pages/honda.htm

contact info:
http://www.pierceman...om/contact.html

86 civic crx

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
oooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh thanks but the car is not a daily driver yet that's y i got the 240sx but i need to know is the cdm carb from the 70's civics