Bay Area Meet!

• You cannot reply to this topic
98 replies to this topic

sawchuk

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 86 CRX SI Turbo EW-4 225 whp 230 torque and a 99 Civic SI 2004 Acura TSX
QUOTE (RARECRX @ Aug 23 2009, 10:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm down.. we need to get together.. we have some of the broadest array of cars from straman's, the highest HP EW, some clean examples, some swapped cars etc.. Maybe a BBQ somewhere?

I can guarantee if the dates are correct I can get at least 5 1G's to be there.

C'mon those east coasters drive from different states and hundreds of miles to go to a RPR meet.. We are all About 1 hour away from each other LOL..

I'll throw up a suggestion..

We can all do that Indoor GOKART thing in livermore? I have no clue where it is and I have never been there but a lot of IMPORT meets happen there.

That is a good idea. We need to get this going. Its getting cold.

sawchuk

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 86 CRX SI Turbo EW-4 225 whp 230 torque and a 99 Civic SI 2004 Acura TSX
QUOTE (rolandinacrx @ Aug 23 2009, 01:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
add one more 86 crx to the list, 101 sounds nice, highway 9 to Santa cruse is another good road. keep me up to date.

bump

RARECRX

• Officially retired.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 crx si,1985 CRX si, 2009 RS6,pimp'd out corolla,
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Sept: 26 is San Jose Spirit of japantowns car show and festival . If anyone is down, we could all enter and just hang out?

GLHS988

• Spyder-Man
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1984 CRX Spyder, 1987 Shelby GLHS, 1989 Shelby CSX-VNT
QUOTE (RARECRX @ Sep 3 2009, 03:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sept: 26 is San Jose Spirit of japantowns car show and festival . If anyone is down, we could all enter and just hang out?

Sounds promising. Is there a website with information for this show?

A friend was telling me about a good route from Livermore to San Jose via Mt. Hamilton (I believe) that he took with his Mini club. He's trying to get me some information about this route. Might be good for a cruise sometime.
A WarrenTee is better than a guarantee. This WarrenTee is for life.

"I never thought about dying. The day you were born, it was already written down the day you're gonna check out. Now, I'm not gonna throw myself under a truck, but I'm not gonna worry about when I die. I'm ready to move on when that day comes." - Carroll Shelby (January 11, 1923 - May 10, 2012)

http://karakullake.b...eet-photos.html

GLHS988

• Spyder-Man
  • PipPip
Found it. http://www.spiritofj...wnfestival.com/

"I never thought about dying. The day you were born, it was already written down the day you're gonna check out. Now, I'm not gonna throw myself under a truck, but I'm not gonna worry about when I die. I'm ready to move on when that day comes." - Carroll Shelby (January 11, 1923 - May 10, 2012)

rolandinacrx

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 86crx, 2008tundra,92civic grocery getter,29 ford
QUOTE (RARECRX @ Sep 3 2009, 03:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

sounds good but my car is not show quality, its primer gray and has no interior.
kicken ass and taken names

Build Thread - CLICK HERE!

specialTEG

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: integra 88 ls-se
like i said earlier. if you guys can get a place and date finalized somewhere centralized then i'll make a post over at G1teg.org so we can all get together because we all have a common interest, i always wondered why we never had a meet of the torsion bar hondas ever in northern california. it could become a pretty big meet with a good amount of cars

jsvteck

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
hi im james from g1teg i was wondering if u guy would mind if we had the meet on oct 24 if that is to soon i understand.
ill try to look for some places that seem intresting then ill tell u guys n see wat u think of it

Edited by jsvteck, 07 September 2009 - 05:40 AM.

GLHS988

• Spyder-Man
  • PipPip
QUOTE (jsvteck @ Sep 7 2009, 03:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hi im james from g1teg i was wondering if u guy would mind if we had the meet on oct 24 if that is to soon i understand.
ill try to look for some places that seem intresting then ill tell u guys n see wat u think of it

Let's do some driving! Tegs, 1g Rex's, 3g's, and whatever else wants to run on that day. A caravan of import metal.

After reading all the input from everybody, here is the an idea: Saturday, October 24th, 12 noon, starting in San Jose near Alum Rock Avenue, heading on Highway 130 up Mt. Hamilton, heading down the backside on San Antonio Valley Road, taking a break at a spot called the Junction, and then heading on Mines Road another 30 miles into downtown Livermore.

I was told about this route from a guy in a Bay Area Mini club that has used this road for a gathering. He says that there is a Starbucks and a gas station off Alum Rock off 680 at the intersection of S. White and Story Roads to meet at. If somebody knows the area a little better, maybe they can help to identify a parking lot with a lunch type place with a gas station nearby to gather. The Mini guy says this route is kind of a remote and cool. We'll need to identify an end point to meet at in the Livermore area (GOKART, ???)

Mid-day on a Saturday and starting in the southbay sounds like the better choice since we have a contingent that will be planning to come up from the southland. Hopefully, anybody who has to work on that Saturday can catch up with us on the Livermore end.

Additional ideas? Feedback? Let's get this together! Thanks.

Warren

RARECRX

• Officially retired.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 crx si,1985 CRX si, 2009 RS6,pimp'd out corolla,
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I'm down, but may have to do the livermore end.. due to I'm a wimp and do not want to put a lot of miles on my car. I'm avoiding the dreaded 100K mile mark as long as possible.

GLHS988

• Spyder-Man
  • PipPip
QUOTE (RARECRX @ Sep 11 2009, 12:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm down, but may have to do the livermore end.. due to I'm a wimp and do not want to put a lot of miles on my car. I'm avoiding the dreaded 100K mile mark as long as possible.

And that's great that we can meet up with you, because I want to see your car!

If this idea flies, can you think of a few ideas of where we can meet up at that end? I'm not overly familiar with the Livermore area.

sawchuk

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
I work have to work on saterday till 6:00 pm. I happen to work in Livermore though.

GLHS988

• Spyder-Man
  • PipPip
QUOTE (GLHS988 @ Sep 11 2009, 12:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Let's do some driving! Tegs, 1g Rex's, 3g's, and whatever else wants to run on that day. A caravan of import metal.

After reading all the input from everybody, here is the an idea: Saturday, October 24th, 12 noon, starting in San Jose near Alum Rock Avenue, heading on Highway 130 up Mt. Hamilton, heading down the backside on San Antonio Valley Road, taking a break at a spot called the Junction, and then heading on Mines Road another 30 miles into downtown Livermore.

I was told about this route from a guy in a Bay Area Mini club that has used this road for a gathering. He says that there is a Starbucks and a gas station off Alum Rock off 680 at the intersection of S. White and Story Roads to meet at. If somebody knows the area a little better, maybe they can help to identify a parking lot with a lunch type place with a gas station nearby to gather. The Mini guy says this route is kind of a remote and cool. We'll need to identify an end point to meet at in the Livermore area (GOKART, ???)

Mid-day on a Saturday and starting in the southbay sounds like the better choice since we have a contingent that will be planning to come up from the southland. Hopefully, anybody who has to work on that Saturday can catch up with us on the Livermore end.

Additional ideas? Feedback? Let's get this together! Thanks.

Warren

Okay NorCal. Are we down for this or not? I've heard about more interest from the SoCal folks than NorCal. Are we interested in gathering on October 24th? Let's get some dialog going here. Thanks.

GLHS988

• Spyder-Man
  • PipPip
QUOTE (sawchuk @ Sep 13 2009, 11:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I work have to work on saterday till 6:00 pm. I happen to work in Livermore though.

Sawchuk,

If we do this run, we'll find a way to meet up with you. I knew you worked on Saturdays, but I also knew gathering on a Sunday would be difficult because there was interest from down south. This is why I tried to find a run that would end in your area. Any suggestions for a good place where we can meet up with you? Also, do you have suggestions for good campgrounds in the area?

Warren

rinnaye

• 3G'ist
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: 1986 Si-R-Spec & 2005 Tacoma
QUOTE (GLHS988 @ Sep 17 2009, 12:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sawchuk,

If we do this run, we'll find a way to meet up with you. I knew you worked on Saturdays, but I also knew gathering on a Sunday would be difficult because there was interest from down south. This is why I tried to find a run that would end in your area. Any suggestions for a good place where we can meet up with you? Also, do you have suggestions for good campgrounds in the area?

Warren
There is definitely interest from down south. Whatever you guys decide, we'll be there. Looking forward to it. biggrin.gif