The Black Pepper

• You cannot reply to this topic
158 replies to this topic

cburnscrx

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 87 Honda CRX Si, 93 Honda Prelude VTEC, 92 Chevy Cheyenne 1500 WT, 96 GMC Suburban SLT 4x4, 98 Acura CL 2.3, 06 Nissan Altima 3.5 SL, 09 Maxima SV, 09 Acura TSX 2.4
The one wheel is from the 90-93 Integra. I think it was the GS-R, or the special edition. For sure it was from a 90-93 Integra.

For really cheap wheels ($60 if I remember right), I used the Geo Storm GSi wheels since they were 15's. Most people don't seem as fond of them as I am, but what do I care. Anyway, they are 15's and look much like the 91 CRX Si sawblades, only in 15's.

If I were picking I would get the LS meshies too!

1gencrx

• I <3 Vintage Parts
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 Honda CRX Si B17 2006 Saab 9-2X Aero #30/338
QUOTE (warder @ Aug 11 2006, 03:43 PM)
I know alot of people like those Mugen CF-48's but I dont really like those...  It looks like theres something behind there that needs to be aircooled. wacko.gif

We call those the brakes. tongue.gif

sig1.jpg

warder

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: Honda Civic SI 1986
Psssssssssssssh brakes are for pussies!

But seriously I dont know why I didnt think about that! mellow.gif

Yesterday was my BDAY!! WOOO 17! Anyways I got enough money for the cd player. BUT DANIEL WONT ANSWER HIS GOD DAMN PHONE!!!! Im about to go to his house and just tow the car away. Later today Im gonna find his house number and figure out wth is going on. Will update later if I find out anything.

lilneedle

• Mcguyver's long lost son...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 86 Civic 1300 With complete brown top teg convo...
    • Image Gallery
Get da black pepper yet????lol
TOM ...I hate waiting....I get crazy...
FORSALE$700BUX...
86 1300 3G With Teg conversion...DOHC BABY!!!

SAHCR-Saving Abused Hondas for Cleanup and Restoration-member.

warder

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
I know Im already crazy about it. ph34r.gif

I kinda sorta have it, he FINALLY called me this afternoon right before I was about to call him again. He said its running, it needed a new fuel pump. I really wish I could be doing what hes doing right now, just messing with it, fixing it and stuff. But my moms gonna let me get a cd player now, Ill be installing that in a day or two. Then hes gonna finish the body work and paint. Ill have it in my possession in about a ~week~. Then Ill go from there with a plan. AND ILL GET PHOTOS!!!!!!!!

warder

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
UPDAAAAAAATEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

I called him today and after some talking decided to get the car and do the rest of the work myself. The car runs, but it needs painted and small things to make it run GOOD. Im going out there tomorrow to drive it and get a final price, its probably gonna be around $400-450. Im not sure how much body work hes done but I think hes finished the big patch. The rest just needs the rust grinded off and bondoeded. When I go tomorrow Im gonna try to find a camera to take with me to finally get you guys some pictures!

Ive got some questions. Do you guys $400-450 is a good price for a 1986 SI with 200k miles on it?

What should I do about painting it? Get it done at a shop or go for it myself? I really want to do it myself for fun, and it would be cheaper. (dont really want to get the macco job either) I really want to paint the entire car, not just the outside. But I dont want it to cost way too much, or take too long. Any guides for painting the car myself would be very helpful. We have a compressor over at our shop(farm shop nothings in it though) but I dont think we have any painting tools.

Is it ok to be so excited I just peed myself? unsure.gif I cant wait to get it and just work on it and.. DRIVE IT tehehehehehe! Ill get you guys some pictures if I can.

badpenny

• tinker, tinker....BOOOOOOM!!!! then I run around
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: Don't, because they don't run and I am a crappy mechanic.
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (warder @ Aug 22 2006, 05:13 PM)
Ive got some questions. Do you guys $400-450 is a good price for a 1986 SI with 200k miles on it?

If you are asking this question, then, this car is not for you. You need to find something else.

But, from an abject standpoint, If it runs and drives, and the rust issue is gone. Damn, whats that guys number so I can grab it before you make up your mind whether or not you want it.
Honda, because it's hard to look baller in your mom's Volvo.Posted Image 
The entire tool selection at Sears or the contents of a Snap-On truck will do you no good if you do not know how to use them.

warder

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
uhh his number is... uhhh... 1-800-ITS-MINE ! I know Im gonna drop a good chunk of change into this car, but I was just seeing what you guys thought. There still is some rust on the hatch and the sill inside the driver side door but I can fix that with some grinding and bondo.

badpenny

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
YOu sure you aren't one of those (like me) who do a lot of talkin' and no doin'?
The entire tool selection at Sears or the contents of a Snap-On truck will do you no good if you do not know how to use them.

warder

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
I do alot when I have something to do. So if I dont have what I want to do I just talk about it alot until I can work on it. Quick update. What do you guys think about these rims?
I could replace the caps couldnt I?

http://cgi.ebay.com/...42504QQtcZphoto

zakats

• 1980's birth control, brought to you by Honda.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: The work car, way more than I'd care to admit
    Garage View Garage
kidna too expensive, I dont know how the import trading is near you but those only go for about 200+/- w/tires here and I'd reccomend getting real honda wheels not replicas unless they're rota or another reputable ripoff company
He who dies with the most toys, wins.

badpenny

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (zakats @ Aug 22 2006, 09:41 PM)
kidna too expensive, I dont know how the import trading is near you but those only go for about 200+/- w/tires here and I'd reccomend getting real honda wheels not replicas unless they're rota or another reputable ripoff company

dry.gif I wonder when Mr. D will start offering rims? THose would be awesome, and you know it, cuz, well, you were told they were.

warder

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Well today is my first day back to school... I wanted to have my car by today. But Im getting it tonight so all is well.. PICTURES SOON! Im off to school... sad.gif

warder

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Quick update:
Went to Dans today to get him a little more enthusiastic about finishing the car. As I worked on getting the interior back in the car, he worked on the body work more. He finished the three main spots, and will be doing the minor ones in the next few days. Sorry I havent gotten any pictures yet! I promise to have some soon after I have the car. Which reminds me, after talking about it, he said it will be in my driveway thursday morning. So Ill have pictures soon after that. I was in the car driving around on backroads, and I was messing with the sunroof. I was wondeirng... On the 86 SI does the sunroof just pop up or can I actually slide it back? I really want a sunroof I can open all the way. Ill keep you guys updated.

Screech

• Project CI2-VIC Team Lead
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 16 Ford RS, 84 Civic 2000S (B20Z2), 98 Civic EX
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (warder @ Aug 27 2006, 06:52 PM)
I really want a sunroof I can open all the way.

You talking about a Civic Si, right, so, why not just pop it out? Warning if you didn't know you could do this, soon you will want the sunroof bag and air deflector.

Screech
------------------------

16 Ford RS (2.3l, DS)
84 Civic 2000S (B20Z2 2.0l, SMF)