Cup Holders

• You cannot reply to this topic
98 replies to this topic

ChrisF-dude

• Powered by Natural Gas
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Location:Maryland, United States of America, Earth, Terran System, Milky Way 21158
    • Drives: 85 CRX Si (ZC), 2011 Toyota Camry
    • Image Gallery
I have one of those ones you hang from the door/window edge. Everytime I went for food, the CRX makes me drive spiritly, I would look like I pissed my self since the soda spilled all over my crotch. I took the cupholder setup from a 93 Nissan NX1600 and was going to bolt it on somehow under my radio,ashtray part but my turbo gauges may go there now. Oh Fooshizzle.

Once a woman is introduced to Colonel Angus, she'll settle for nothing less.
chrisfpixelcrx.jpgSiemblem.jpg

JDN14

Ive always found stuffing a drink between the E-brake and driver's seat works well.
93 Toyota Previa: Mid Engine, AWD people mover.

Omega Mugen

• Dug Diggler
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 87 CRX w/Si motor, 86 Civic DX Hatch, 2001 Prelude
COME ON, PEOPLE! ITS A SPORT COMPACT CAR, NOT A MINIVAN. WHEN YOU GET TO YOUR DESTINATION, HAVE A DRINK THEN. tongue.gif

I think, I'll stop yelling now.

Going to Hawaii? You need a Dune Buggy.

WTB: 14x8 or 9" Panasports or Watanabe RS.

WTB: 3g Civic hatch gauge cowl, brown.

WTB: ZC header--FOUND

3gencivic

• civics rule
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 01 jimmy4x4, 92 ranger custom longbox 2wd
not a crx but my civic had this installed when i bought the car

im not sure what car it came from but it works for me and they are handy

closed

open

Vicious

QUOTE (1gencrx @ Aug 16 2006, 05:32 PM)
I've been thinking about doing something with the dash storage thing.  You could remove the lid and make something that fits in there and holds two drinks.  I think it would be perfect.  It's on my to-do list.  I think it could be easily reproduced and would sell like hotcakes on ebay...

hmmmmmmmm now that seems like it'll work. i got some CF twill around maybe i'll give it a shot this weekned if i have time. dry.gif

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Success is about standing out, not fitting in.

Madkore

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: 1984 Honda Civic Si - For smiles and laughs, Original Owner, 1966 Ford Mustang - 5 speed trans, 4 wheel disks, 1968 Ford F250 - Big Ugly
    • Image Gallery
COME ON, PEOPLE! ITS A SPORT COMPACT CAR, NOT A MINIVAN. WHEN YOU GET TO YOUR DESTINATION, HAVE A DRINK THEN. 

LMAO!

I never drink anything when my Civic is moving.
The suspension is too stiff, and I would look like a wet cat when I arrived.

I drink when riding my mountain bike.
So how about a bicycle water bottle with the locking top cap?

Or would it be easier to find a center console from a car with cupholders and mod it to fit?
You're Mad!

Well thank God for that, 'cause if I wasn't, this would probably have never worked.

Captain Jack Sparrow

RARECRX

• Officially retired.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1987 crx si,1985 CRX si, 2009 RS6,pimp'd out corolla,
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
sometimes i use my KIDS evenflo CARSEAT clip on cupholder.. I put the clips in my ashtray then push it in.. It holds great but my wife gets mad looking for it!!! I wouldnt go larger than a VENTI at starbucks though LOL

Omega Mugen

• Dug Diggler
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 87 CRX w/Si motor, 86 Civic DX Hatch, 2001 Prelude
Yep and my suspension is so stiff also, that even if I had a cupholder my balls would be all burned off.

Going to Hawaii? You need a Dune Buggy.

WTB: 14x8 or 9" Panasports or Watanabe RS.

WTB: 3g Civic hatch gauge cowl, brown.

WTB: ZC header--FOUND

1gencrx

• I <3 Vintage Parts
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1987 Honda CRX Si B17 2006 Saab 9-2X Aero #30/338
Okay, check these out:

BCS review

On ebay:

ebay

and:

ebay again

They claim it will keep your beverage upright even in the event of a rollover. The lighter adapter means no drilling holes and I think the location would be perfect in a rex. I'm going to order the low dollar F1 model and the adapter. I think the F2 and F3 are too flashy, but the F4 would be pretty sweet in brushed aluminum finish.

sig1.jpg

1GenAZrex

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
this console if from a 94 teg with cupholders

Edited by 1GenAZrex, 16 August 2006 - 06:46 PM.

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

1gencrx

• I <3 Vintage Parts
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1987 Honda CRX Si B17 2006 Saab 9-2X Aero #30/338
I had the Husco Armrest/Cupholders in my old rex. That was a really nice piece if you can find one, but unfortunately they are no longer in business; plus I don't think it would fit between my 2g seats.

sig1.jpg

IfTakumiDroveACRX

• Can't stop the greatness in motion....just you wait...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 85 crx Si two-tone black/grey, 72 Datsun 510 with an experimental rotary swap (the engine is a 12a and 13b hybrid), Infiniti G35 sedan on air suspension rolling on 19" G-Corp's Estatus wheels and various Garson/D.A.D accessories
    • Image Gallery
They're still around.....

HUSCO
user posted image
www.implicit-autosports.com - Proud Distributors of Monkeyz-Tek Performance Parts

1stGenRex

• Easily Amused....
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
cupholder.....isnt that what you put on the sear next to you?
1GRPhotography
MySpace
I'ma in the Carburetion Nation

pvbcrx

• I Love Jet Noise
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 CRX Si (1986-2010), 1995 Dakota, 2001 325iT, 2009 Eos when my wife's away
I have a "Big Gulp" sized plastic hook thingy that I hang on the door handle. Works pretty well during the morning commute, and after 20 years I've gotten adept at preventing tippage with my elbow. I hit the Quik-E-Mart close to work, so I still have a half hour of worry-free spirited driving beforehand. A 44oz Diet Coke stays in place pretty well, but the 64oz cup is WAY too top heavy, as I unfortunately found out.

That BCS looks neat, but it may not have sufficient capacity for my caffeine requirements. That was the problem I had with the Husco units.

IfTakumiDroveACRX

• Can't stop the greatness in motion....just you wait...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 85 crx Si two-tone black/grey, 72 Datsun 510 with an experimental rotary swap (the engine is a 12a and 13b hybrid), Infiniti G35 sedan on air suspension rolling on 19" G-Corp's Estatus wheels and various Garson/D.A.D accessories
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (1stGenRex @ Aug 16 2006, 07:12 PM)
cupholder.....isnt that what you put on the sear next to you?

Not "what" but "WHO" hahahahahahaha laugh.gif
user posted image
www.implicit-autosports.com - Proud Distributors of Monkeyz-Tek Performance Parts