How Much Hp Is Too Much

• You cannot reply to this topic
36 replies to this topic

Guest_-TJ_*

• Group: Guests
200 HP definately isn't too much in my '91 Civic Si HB. It feels like what I think the car should have come with in the first place. Maybe another 50 HP will really wake it up....we'll see. However, take my opinion with the proverbial grain of salt. I live at 5400ft and anywhere I go in the car is uphill.

AudioCra-Z

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 07 Honda Fit
Ugh... after the last POS eclipse I had, I refuse to ever own another. They are just unreliable. But then again, they do have DODGE motors in them... UGH!!!!

As for autocross, the amount of HP also depends on suspension, clutch, and driver.

And for the clutch, if you want just a bit more traction at the track, you can go with a little more beefier clutch. But, I am also sticking with a stock LS clutch, due to the fact that I plan on daily driving this car.
Above all else, my WIFE I f33r the most!
Roses are #FF0000; Violets are #0000FF;

user posted image
RIP 86 CRX DX B16A

b16_destroyer

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 87 CRX Si with entire 95 Integra wiring & drivetrain
Thanks ImprtRcr02, its great to be back. Santa got me a pair of Falken Azenis for Christmas so you know I had to break them in. In school right now paying for it out of pocket and working; the beast will have to be on hold until the summer. Plus my radiator burst. So I am upgrading with a fluidyne but thats just $300+ that I don't have right now.

So right now I am just lurking in the shadows doing more research and brainstorming more ideas for traction and power.

(Back to the topic) In whatever racing you choose; there will always be a need for more power. Its called competition. Only the strongest survive.

We all have big plans for our cars. And if money was not an issue, we would all be driving AutoCross CRX Kings, Drag Racecar CRX's, or road racing Formula one CRX's. You will never be satisfied with regular power so you might as well go for as much as you can.

Before it is over with, all of our cars will meet and surpass our present goals. What determines that is the almighty dollar. It may take a few years but never give up, it took me 4yrs of research to get where I'm at and I'm not even close to finish. Don't sell out and buy a Rustang or Tuberon, once you are 1g Rex you are 1g 4 LIFE!!!
I pick on drivers, taunt them to race, and then beat them. MUUUUHAAAAHAA!

krustindumm

QUOTE (AudioCra-Z @ Feb 4 2004, 10:24 PM)
Ugh... after the last POS eclipse I had, I refuse to ever own another. They are just unreliable. But then again, they do have DODGE motors in them... UGH!!!!

True DSM's never got Dodge motors. After 95 er so DSM was sold entirely to Dodge, and all Mitsubishi's were then Dodge products. They were still built in the old DSM factory, so they still got DSM logos.

But yeah, they pretty much suck entirly for reliability. When I was pulling the engine from the Talon wires were just fallling apart, it had a thick (1/2"-1") coating of goo everywhere, and I already had to pull the trans apart to retorque something that should NEVER come loose.

-Dustin

Kain

• From Ashy to Classy
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
QUOTE (krustindumm @ Feb 4 2004, 03:58 PM)
We have a DSM turbo Eclipse clique here that have dumped 40G's into there car and are probably making 400+HP. But my little stock engine CRX pushing 10psi intimidates them because with slicks and a good launch is capable of high 11's and the engine is still STOCK!!!

I'm building one now, a 6-bolt to go into a 92 TSI. Aiming for 300-350 awhp on STOCK internals. Should be in the 12s, maybe better, IDK. Those cars are HEAVY!!!

-Dustin

what did your TSi run stock? a friend that i work with has a 91 TSi and my goal with my crx (when i get one wink.gif ) will simply be to put him in his place. lol. cocky little bitch laugh.gif

*edit*
holy old post reviving, bat man!

Edited by Kain, 05 June 2004 - 01:27 PM.

Ay!
Ay, dog, ay!
You stepped on my sneaker meng!

bridgework1812

• Almost breathing
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 87 crx si, 87 crx dx, 88 civic sedan, , 82 Suzuki 850, 89 Prelude S, 88 crx hf
I should be making about 300 hp at the crank on my built and bottled zc in my 87 crx hf. When I get it done and dyno'd i'll let you all know if its too much.

user posted image
La Forza del Destino

Vandemar

• moved on to bigger engines
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: '17 Chev SS (Commodore)
QUOTE (AudioCra-Z @ Feb 4 2004, 08:24 PM)

DSM's are definitely inconsistent as far as relability goes...some owners have nothing but trouble, and others seem to be able to beat on them quite a bit without anything unexpected breaking unsure.gif.

The only Dodge motor I can think of was the 420A in the 95-9 non-turbo cars. If you're talking about the 4G63 (the turbo models, and some 1G's got a non-turbo version), someone should probably let everybody with a Galant VR4 or Evo know that their cars are powered by Dodge rolleyes.gif.

IMO, 150whp should be plenty for these cars, but I'm mostly looking for something that I can beat up on track days without breaking it, while still being fun and relatively quick.