Liz Needs Parts

• You cannot reply to this topic
79 replies to this topic

Sgt. Pepper

QUOTE (Sgt. Pepper @ Mar 7 2007, 02:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This thread will be ongoing since I keep finding parts that I don't have.

For those who don't already know, I bought this car from a guy who was in the process of rebuilding it. I ASSUMED everything was there to put it back together, since it came with totes and totes of parts. As I am moving through this project, I am finding more and more things I am missing. I have been visiting the pick -n- pull, but they are down to one lonely CRX. sad.gif So as I find I am missing parts, I will be updating this thread. Please, if you have any of the below parts - lemme know.

hood prop
p. side headlight bezel
dipstick
rear 1/4 window molding

REALLY need an Si oil strainer for the oil pan! (Majestic Honda says "out of stock") mad.gif

more to come unsure.gif

updated 4/4/07[/color]

New update as of 6/9/07:

No longer need: hood prop, bezel, dipstick, window moldings, oil pick-up
Adding power makes you faster in the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere. - Colin Chapman

Sgt. Pepper

The 1/4 window moldings and oil pickup are arriving soon. Plastic brake line clips arrived last week from Honda. biggrin.gif
Adding power makes you faster in the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere. - Colin Chapman

badpenny

• tinker, tinker....BOOOOOOM!!!! then I run around
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: Don't, because they don't run and I am a crappy mechanic.
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (Sgt. Pepper @ Mar 7 2007, 01:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
complete working a/c - bp workin' on it

I am going to pray for a mild summer and spring and ask if you wouldn't mind if I bring this to the meet in Sept.?
Honda, because it's hard to look baller in your mom's Volvo.Posted Image 
The entire tool selection at Sears or the contents of a Snap-On truck will do you no good if you do not know how to use them.

Sgt. Pepper

QUOTE (badpenny @ May 8 2007, 12:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am going to pray for a mild summer and spring and ask if you wouldn't mind if I bring this to the meet in Sept.?

No problem bp, I was plannng on installing that at a later date anyways. I want to focus on getting this thing running and road worthy, by that time the warm weather will be over. A/C could be a winter project. I can always drive with the windows down til then. biggrin.gif

Sgt. Pepper

Everything previous on this list has been gotten. Now I need:

4 ea. of #16 from >>> http://www.acuraauto...amp;view=normal

Honda/Acura has discontinued them dry.gif and yes, I could get them from a pick-n-pull, but if someone already has them pulled it would save me a bunch of time (and cursing) ohmy.gif

badpenny

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (Sgt. Pepper @ Jun 14 2007, 03:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Everything previous on this list has been gotten. Now I need:

4 ea. of #16 from >>>Honda/Acura has discontinued them dry.gif and yes, I could get them from a pick-n-pull, but if someone already has them pulled it would save me a bunch of time (and cursing) ohmy.gif

If I had one I would be going to ACE Hardware to pick them up. They do have most of those. I just need the particulars on size length and threadpitch.
The entire tool selection at Sears or the contents of a Snap-On truck will do you no good if you do not know how to use them.

Sgt. Pepper

I would be VERY surprised if a hardware store had these. They are splined and fit into the swing bearing housing.

^^The existing bolts are too short for the disc swap.

Sgt. Pepper

I actually located 2 at my local Acura dealer......and they just GAVE them to me. No luck tracking down 2 more, but I'm trying.

badpenny

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (Sgt. Pepper @ Jun 15 2007, 01:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I actually located 2 at my local Acura dealer......and they just GAVE them to me. No luck tracking down 2 more, but I'm trying.

Part #?

Sgt. Pepper

90116-SD2-005 BOLT, HOUSING UNIT (11X40)

badpenny

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Gimme a half an hour to an hour.

I gotta lot a boxes to look through.

Sgt. Pepper

QUOTE (badpenny @ Jun 15 2007, 03:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Gimme a half an hour to an hour.

I gotta lot a boxes to look through.

Thanks for the call BP, sorry it ended abruptly. Lemme know what you find, thanks!

Sgt. Pepper

Still in desperate need of those 11x40 housing unit bolts from a Teg unsure.gif

Sgt. Pepper

Stuff I need - updated 7/24/07:

front and rear bumper for '85 CRX/dx - in good shape (no cracks/holes/gouges etc.)(any color)

corner lights - in good shape (no cracks)(not EDM)

bobdragster

• Without 無限Limit
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1980 Honda Prelude
    Garage View Garage
I've got a pair of brand new USDM corner lights still in the box, PM me if you're interested.