H22 Crx Project

• You cannot reply to this topic
230 replies to this topic

keithg

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2011 Contributing Member
    • Drives: SCCA FP/GTL 1985 Honda CRX (EW)
Hello David,
Did you also notice that the pick-up for the tie rod end is different between the 1G/3G Civic and 1G Integra knuckles too?
I haven't taken the time to see what effect this has on the front end geometry, I only noticed it was different.
Thanks for all the good info.

Edited by keithg, 11 January 2010 - 09:29 PM.

Keith Gillespie
Hasport Performance
www.hasport.com

firstgencrx

• This thing should fit!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
QUOTE (keithg @ Jan 11 2010, 07:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello David,
Did you also notice that the pick-up for the tie rod end is different between the 1G/3G Civic and 1G Integra knuckles too?
I haven't taken the time to see what effect this has on the front end geometry, I only noticed it was different.
Thanks for all the good info.

Keith,

I did. When I was doing the bump steer correction data collection, I noticed that I needed to unscrew the tie rod end on the the steering rack arm about 5 or 6 turns before it would reach the steering arm eyelet. I thought that it was because of the wider track due to the longer reach of that strut clamp at the top of the Integra knuckle.

I did do a comparison of the bump steer between the two knuckles, and the differences where so small, it wasn't worth worrying about. So from a bump steer viewpoint, there is no real difference between the two.

The real differences between the two like I mention in post #29 are in camber. It's important to understand the effects of the combinations.

David
Sharing with others what I do for myself!

My H22 CRX Project

Posted Image

Old School REX

• ホンダ、夢の力
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: -------- 1986' CRX Si (X2) -------- 1993' GMC Sanoma SLE
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (firstgencrx @ Jan 11 2010, 08:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How to regain your memory
It's my road map ya know! wink.gif

LOL!! laugh.gif That, however, IS the best way I can imagine...

JMSBND

• HONDA MANIAC
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1972 Honda N360, Honda Coupe 9s, Honda 1977 Civic, Honda 1986 JDM CRX ZC, 2003 Honda S2000
Spare car = FRIEND!!!

I did the same thing. More for spares but it's a damn good refrence tool.

Oh and this does look more complex than I first thought!

My private collection:1972 Honda N360 Scamp; 1972 Honda Coupe 9s; 1973 Honda EB Civic Hatch; 1987 JDM ZC CRX; 2003 Honda S2000

whiteballade

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 87 crx
AMAZING smile.gif im keeping an eye on this one!

Guest_-TJ_*

• Group: Guests
QUOTE (firstgencrx @ Jan 11 2010, 06:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How to regain your memory

I have no special secret for this. No magic herbs from the jungles of the Amazon, or the prayers from a monk in Tibet. No, this solution is easier than it looks. This will be the dumbest post in my entire build thread, so I'll get it out of the way now. tongue.gif

When you start to get older like me, you don't have the memory you used to have. After completely taking the car apart, I realized I would never in a million years figure out how to get it back together. I'm not talking about the big stuff like the drive train and suspension, I'm talking about the little stuff. Like the interior bits, or the funny little bolts that hold the fenders or other trim on. My solution?

I went out and bought another CRX! I actually bought the car several years ago, but then my project is what, three or more years old? laugh.gif

It's a 1985 CRX Si with just about every available factory option. I will not touch this car until my first project is finished. It's my road map ya know! wink.gif

David

I may need to do this as well! My car has been apart for years now and I've saved everything, it's just a matter of remembering where I put it and where it goes!

jim.mullen

• Wanna' Race?
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: '86 CRX HP, '88 CRX Si, '00 S2000, '09 Ridgeline
    • Image Gallery
Beautiful, beautiful work David. Very inspirational as I do my own build to the racing CRX.

Kinda' spooky too; the car I am building is my wife's original red and silver 86 CRX DX 1.5L carbed version that she bought new in '86! Sorta like yours, and I built a rotisserie too, but not as nice as yours!

And we both live in Colorado.... Are we long lost brothers, maybe?? tongue.gif

P.S. How do I best contact you to buy some of your bushings, a mumford link setup, etc??

--Jim
Jim Mullen
Mullen Motorsports

firstgencrx

• This thing should fit!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
QUOTE (jim.mullen @ Jan 14 2010, 09:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Beautiful, beautiful work David. Very inspirational as I do my own build to the racing CRX.

Kinda' spooky too; the car I am building is my wife's original red and silver 86 CRX DX 1.5L carbed version that she bought new in '86! Sorta like yours, and I built a rotisserie too, but not as nice as yours!

And we both live in Colorado.... Are we long lost brothers, maybe?? tongue.gif

P.S. How do I best contact you to buy some of your bushings, a mumford link setup, etc??

--Jim

Thanks Jim, that is crazy, so many similarities. laugh.gif

You are more than welcome to come up for a visit anytime. wink.gif

My space is super small and modest, but I have enough here to get me in lots of trouble. tongue.gif

David

My H22 CRX Project

Posted Image

firstgencrx

• This thing should fit!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
QUOTE (-TJ @ Jan 14 2010, 08:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I may need to do this as well! My car has been apart for years now and I've saved everything, it's just a matter of remembering where I put it and where it goes!

-TJ,

If you haven't already, you should offer up some of that stuff here. From what I remember, you have a lot of desirable body bits that people are always struggling to find.

Besides having a whole other car, I've been collecting stuff for a while. I'm sorry I did now, because I'll be selling off most of it before I'm done. I'm hoping to go with some kind of body kit like yours eventually.

By the way, I like the way you molded that whole front end together. Very cool.

David

My H22 CRX Project

Posted Image

jim.mullen

• Wanna' Race?
  • PipPip
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (firstgencrx @ Jan 14 2010, 10:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks Jim, that is crazy, so many similarities. laugh.gif

You are more than welcome to come up for a visit anytime. wink.gif

My space is super small and modest, but I have enough here to get me in lots of trouble. tongue.gif

David

David, where are you located? I'd love to come up one day and see your shop and buy some stuff from you.

I'm here: Mullen Motorsports on Google Maps

You are more than welcome to visit my shop anytime as well!

Jim
Jim Mullen
Mullen Motorsports

bunnyspost

• Granny
  • Pip
    • Drives: 1987 Honda CRX HF /// 2006 Dodge Charger R/T
QUOTE (jim.mullen @ Jan 14 2010, 02:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
David, where are you located? I'd love to come up one day and see your shop and buy some stuff from you.

I'm here: Mullen Motorsports on Google Maps

You are more than welcome to visit my shop anytime as well!

Jim

Wow. I recently purchased a 1g crx HF which I am reselling due to the amount of work involved is too much for me, but in the meantime I have really grown to the 1G crx and have been watching this h22 thread in anticipation. Then I noticed your in CO and I just live in Monument/Denver so I would definately like to stop by and check you guys out sometime!

jim.mullen

• Wanna' Race?
  • PipPip
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (bunnyspost @ Jan 14 2010, 12:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow. I recently purchased a 1g crx HF which I am reselling due to the amount of work involved is too much for me, but in the meantime I have really grown to the 1G crx and have been watching this h22 thread in anticipation. Then I noticed your in CO and I just live in Monument/Denver so I would definately like to stop by and check you guys out sometime!

Sure, come up and see the progress on my build anytime... except today, cause I'm home with the flu, which I got from a flu vaccination on Monday!! They said I might have MILD flu symptoms, but this is crazy....
Jim Mullen
Mullen Motorsports

joseph

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: Saturn
I love the detailed work done so far. This build will be exciting to follow for sure!!
Please adopt me....or if you have a daughter, I will marry into the family.
Jeff

87sivtec

• can't wait for summer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 87 crx hf w/B18C and a RAM
    • Image Gallery
Very nice!
twitter: @lylehatton

cahitapower

• In the left lane
  • PipPipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1986 civic si
loving the working...really looking forward on those traction bars... rolleyes.gif
So MuCh In SUcH A SmALL BoX

Project Build "CahitaPower"