Fs: Quad 4 Crx~

• You cannot reply to this topic
35 replies to this topic

1986CREX

• 4x4Mech
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1982 Jeep CJ-5: 4.2L I6, 4-speed, lifted, 31"x10.50" Goodyear Wrangler AT/D2's; 1986 CRX (former SCCA car)
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
damn dude I owe you a REAL apology. I was expecting a ragged out beater, not a beast... nice car man it shoulda already sold.
QUOTE(Omega Mugen @ Sep 18 2005, 08:29 PM)
...I have a bung, so all we need is a bunghole and were in business....

View Post

user posted image

JDN14

QUOTE (1986CREX @ Oct 11 2005, 09:52 PM)
damn dude I owe you a REAL apology. I was expecting a ragged out beater, not a beast... nice car man it shoulda already sold.

it may have...to me! Hopefully we can work something out biggrin.gif .
93 Toyota Previa: Mid Engine, AWD people mover.

funkmaster

• 1985 Mugen CR-X Si
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: 1985 CRX Si, 2006 Ford Focus ST, 2009 Lexus RX350, 1996 Del Sol Vtec
    • Image Gallery
damn, if I didnt already have 2 CRXs, id buy this.

TAAGMANsCRXwithKYBs

• Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: 87 CRX si (Jackson), 84 CRX DX(Jake), 87 CRX Si (Jack)RIP
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (1986CREX @ Sep 21 2005, 05:12 PM)
I'm not saying my honda is superior to jack shit... I stated an opinion and he got all bent out of shape over it. I said and I quote
Quad 4 is GM's shittiest 4 cyl if you ask me

If that doesn't sound like opinion then I don't know what does. Then HE goes off on this "my car is better than yours" bullshit. I also said in my EXPERIENCE I've seen more problems out of the Quad 4 than any other engine. THAT is where my opinion is based. Hell yes I flamed the car because for one I don't like Quad 4's and for two I don't like mixing manufacturer's. I think Chrysler is gay for using Mitsubishi engines and components, I think Chevrolet is gay for using Isuzu components, and I think Ford is gay for using Mazda components. On the other hand, and JUST FOR EXAMPLE, Acura-to-Honda and Honda-to-Acura matching is fine, considering Acura is a part of Honda and was CREATED by Honda.
I may be way out of line here, but I thought that everyone was intitled to an opinion, even if it is shitty. If this guy stated that he disliked my Civic because it had an Acura motor in it, I wouldn't get all bent like he did, I'd just let it go. If he said he didn't like my girl because she wasn't a supermodel type I'd let it go.
But on the subject of his dare..... fine... want me to build a Honda motor to 180+ HP for under $400 bucks... fine.... How much of the car would you consider the motor to take up? percentage.... and be realistic... 20%? If that is the case then I have $80 in my motor so far. That leaves me $320 to add to it. What's an '86 D16A1 rated at from the factory? I'll take your fucking dare and then I'll make you eat your words.

Dude, look at it this way... if you were trying to sell a car in an environment such as this, would you want someone talking excrement about your car? Opinion or not, he's trying to sell a car. Now, unless I'm mistaken, effective advertising doesn't usually involve allowing someone to say, "oh, by the way, your engine's a piece of shit" and letting them get away with it, particularly when the nay-sayer is hijacking the string of the guy who's trying to sell a car. If you wanted to elicit an opinion, perhaps you might have considered a private message if you wanted to share your opinion with the seller. It seems, however, that you not only have an opinion, but you wish to broadcast it in the ad of someone who's trying to sell a car. In short, give the guy a break, ok?
*edit* this response was entered before the whole string was read.

Edited by TAAGMANsCRXwithKYBs, 12 October 2005 - 11:39 AM.

TAAGMAN

There's only one basic difference between genius and stupidity... genius has its limits. - anonymous-

"My hovercraft is full of eels."
Hungarian-English dictionary skit - Monty Python -

clshamie

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: '87 CRX, '00 Camaro SS, '68 Camaro
QUOTE (lxndr @ Oct 11 2005, 08:03 PM)
WOW!

Now THAT'S a strut bar!

I made the strut bar out of the stock exhaust pipe...

clshamie

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: '87 CRX, '00 Camaro SS, '68 Camaro
QUOTE (JDN169 @ Oct 12 2005, 07:19 AM)
QUOTE (1986CREX @ Oct 11 2005, 09:52 PM)

it may have...to me! Hopefully we can work something out biggrin.gif .

It looks like we have, so for the moment, consider the car sold.