• You cannot reply to this topic
244 replies to this topic

sindrlla

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 87 Honda Civic AWD Wagon
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (badpenny @ Mar 30 2006, 12:26 PM)
Congrats on finding one with the split rear seats.  Do they slide forward and back?

They don't slide but they do recline....if the speaker box wasn't in the way. But what do I care about the passengers comfort as long as the driver is happy...ME!

Visit: Asimo - The Coolest LowRider

FI Blacktop D16A1/ZC Hybrid

crxls

• corvette contender
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: your car if i find the keys
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (sindrlla @ Mar 30 2006, 09:49 PM)
He installed the rear window break light, visited red pepper, reinstalled the rear hatch inside panel, removed the pinstripe (and some paint), drank a 30 pack, hung out on red pepper, smoked some V-8s, red pepper again, installed the speakers, more rpr, fiddled with the stereo and basically got in my way!

see, thats because i had to keep referring to the online factory service manual that is posted on RPR laugh.gif
When I die, i want to go asleep peaceful.......... not screaming and freaking out like everyone else in the car

"i left the bar a little after you and ended up flipping my car in the arbys drive thru"

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Dec 10 2008, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Another loser who can not get traction. I feel sorry for him.

IM A LOSER!!! my car pulls harder when spinning than any "highly modified" EW

Team BUrnOUt founding member

Screech

• Project CI2-VIC Team Lead
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 16 Ford RS, 84 Civic 2000S (B20Z2), 98 Civic EX
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (sindrlla @ Mar 30 2006, 08:46 PM)
QUOTE (badpenny @ Mar 30 2006, 12:47 PM)
Back on topic, may I make a suggestion on the color (a pretty one)
Gothic White or the Steel blue it is now, with a mother of pearl clearcoat ontop.

My end theme is going to be cinderella. You see, the husband wanted me to make it a girly car (pink or purple) AAAHHHHH....no thanks, I have never and probably will never be girly. But I thought it a good suggestion and Disney's Cinderella was my favorite movie when I was a kid and is still my fav Disney so I decided to go with that. Blues and whilte. Possibly main color 2000 Land Rover Sky Blue Metallic Pearl with a ribbon for a racing stripe in Championship White. I found the blue color from jjaimemark in a recent post on a Nissan.

Since the car is your "chariot" where are you going to incorporate the pumpkin orange and green?

Looks good.

Screech
------------------------

16 Ford RS (2.3l, DS)
84 Civic 2000S (B20Z2 2.0l, SMF)

1stGenRex

• Easily Amused....
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
how did he remove the pinstripe...i want to do this cuz mine is all broken up and i want toput a fresh one on
1GRPhotography
MySpace
I'ma in the Carburetion Nation

crxls

• corvette contender
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: your car if i find the keys
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (1stGenRex @ Mar 31 2006, 11:29 AM)
how did he remove the pinstripe...i want to do this cuz mine is all broken up and i want toput a fresh one on

a razor blade and a steady hand. this isnt the best method for a paintjob that you want to keep but it worked just fine for this car since it is getting a new paintjob. if you plan to keep your paint in perfect condition with no scratches i would suggest heating the stripe up with a blowdryer or heat gun of some sort to soften the glue and then carefully pull it up with razor blade and then peel off. too little heat and it wont soften the glue and too much heat will make the stripe just shrivle up (they are vinyl).
When I die, i want to go asleep peaceful.......... not screaming and freaking out like everyone else in the car

"i left the bar a little after you and ended up flipping my car in the arbys drive thru"

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Dec 10 2008, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Another loser who can not get traction. I feel sorry for him.

IM A LOSER!!! my car pulls harder when spinning than any "highly modified" EW

Team BUrnOUt founding member

JeepGirl

• 1300cc's of fury!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: R.I.P ~Honali~ 3G civic now drives Silver 86 Civic hatch
i love how you did your sound system, looks very much like mine actually laugh.gif blanket and all!!!

sorry for the huge pic

2 DVC 1200watt 12" subs biggrin.gif

are you going to try painting it yourself? or are you going to have macco do it?

i painted mine myself with lots of pointers from my hubby, the paint was free. spent almost a year trying to fix and straighten the body and frame, and its still looks all warped. i've replaced almost everything in the front end, most of it on my own. i think its very nice to have a hubby that doesnt freak on you for wanting to work on your car. girls like their rides too! my hubby is a car guy as well, he only gripes when i need a hand with something and he's all tired and grumpy. otherwise he helps me turn wrenches and and tweak the car. and i help him with his jeep. so i guess it all works out.

here's another HUGE pic.... keep in mine, the paint was free so i didnt have much of a choice in colours and this being the very first car i have ever painted with pro painting gear i dont think it came out to bad. you should maybe try painting your own if you feel handy enough. its not very hard to do it just takes alot of time.

just curious, where do you peoples go camping?

good work so far, keep us posted.

rprdotcom1cropped.gifRIPHonalicroppedsigpic.jpgAW1GMtu.jpgH4zO0Qb.jpg

1stGenRex

• Easily Amused....
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
QUOTE (crxls @ Mar 31 2006, 11:39 AM)
QUOTE (1stGenRex @ Mar 31 2006, 11:29 AM)

a razor blade and a steady hand. this isnt the best method for a paintjob that you want to keep but it worked just fine for this car since it is getting a new paintjob. if you plan to keep your paint in perfect condition with no scratches i would suggest heating the stripe up with a blowdryer or heat gun of some sort to soften the glue and then carefully pull it up with razor blade and then peel off. too little heat and it wont soften the glue and too much heat will make the stripe just shrivle up (they are vinyl).

thx...i thought about the razor blade since it worked well on the back glass for stckers that had been on there since b4 i owned the car...but decided it would scratch the paint...but the hair dryer is a good idea...THX!
1GRPhotography
MySpace

racelife

• need more speed!
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 86rex(bad comp), 90rex(blown head), 90teg(no engine), 90accord(wifes), 98civic 4dr.ex(dd) and a heap of broken 1st and 3rd gens.
3m makes a wheel thats kind of like a rubber eraser, you just stick it in a drill an erase it away.

1stGenRex

• Easily Amused....
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
yeah we had one of those in my auto body class...those thigs are sweet...but i dont want to buy one for just that...
1GRPhotography
MySpace

85c-rex

• For the Tenacious, no road is impassable
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1996 Nissan 200sx SE-R(DD), 1969 Ford Mustang (Hot Rod), 1985 Crx Dx (Dead)
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Nice find, and a build thread!!! sweet..

ifihadawagoscheme: Lower it, put on 15 rota slips (gunmetal with silver lip) tint the windows and paint it s2k nurburgring blue biggrin.gif
There are 3 goals when modding a car.
Cheap, Reliable, and Fast.
Now the down side. You only get to pick 2...
user posted image
Fact: A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have turned Emo.

Put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% who stayed gangster as $h!t.

1stGenRex

• Easily Amused....
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
rota slips arent pretty tho sad.gif
1GRPhotography
MySpace

sindrlla

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (Screech @ Mar 31 2006, 11:20 AM)
Since the car is your "chariot" where are you going to incorporate the pumpkin orange and green?

I already thunk of that....I'll have to get 2 more!!! actually one wagon orange and green and one wagon gray and blue for the mice and birds in the movie!

sindrlla

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (JeepGirl @ Mar 31 2006, 11:40 AM)
i love how you did your sound system, looks very much like mine actually  laugh.gif  blanket and all!!!

sorry for the huge pic

are you going to try painting it yourself? or are you going to have macco do it?

just curious, where do you peoples go camping?

Don't keep appologizing for the huge pics...I have cable modem so it loads up o.k. sucks for those on dial-up though.

I think I'm gonna let a friend of my father-in-law paint it. He has experience. I wouldn't let macco near my car if they paid me. I've seen their work...they don't tape off anything except the glass...it looks awful!

we actually only went camping once to Va beach and it was cool. We don't have a tent, but have wanted to go all the time. So now we have something better than a tent! smile.gif

BigOrange

• I pitty the fool aint got no honda
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1985 CRX SI, 1985 Civic Wagon Turbo, 1971 n600, 1972 n600, 1972 n600, 1991 miata, 2002 turbo protege 5
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Looks as if this is coming together rather well, Maybe we needsome Wago-boost?smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif I might atleast...hehe But anyways...

KEITH!!! Lets work on that crx of yours again and lets Efi your wagon!! You wont have anymore funky wiring/ ignition wagon problems!!:)

Keep it up Jen and be sure to post when the new motor arrives:)

Brian
QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Feb 28 2010, 10:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I suck

If a Hatch is Bread van, then what is a Wagon? A bread bus?
Wagoboost project, 7psi and giggling :)

Turbo Si Wagovan clan member

sindrlla

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Image Gallery
So a little update...yesturday 3-31-06 we got some stuff done. While I cleaned the front passenger side area and the trunk area to finish off the cleaning crxls re-installed the front speakers.

I know the rear doesn't look all that clean but it used to look like someone hauled a dead body in it!

You can see in the first speaker picture that the they were just put in there leaving the old holes exposed that the old covers used to hide. The old covers wouldn't fit over the new speakers and all of the hubby's grills wouldn't cover them either so I had a bright idea....cut up the old covers leaving a hole for the speakers but covering the holes above them. Voila! I'm so excited everytime I think of a solution to a problem. i'm am almost positive if I could have helped crxls all these years then his car working experiences would have went ALOT better!!!

4-1-06 today I didn't get to work on the Honda. Today I helped crxls cut up his parts ford. I got all filthy and got a little cut and had lots of fun. I loosed bolts and used the grinder a little and cleaned up the garage and watched crxls cuss ALOT!

Anyway, that's all for today. Maybe tomorrow I'll do more on the Honda. I plan on cleaning the wheels and I have to check the radiator, cause there is white smoke and check the oil to make sure the stuff I put in the other day is still there!