Mtv's Pimp My Ride

• You cannot reply to this topic
48 replies to this topic

civtrx

• Craig M.
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1987 Honda Civic 1500-S
someone try and record this on their computer! Im not sure if i'll be able to cetch it on TV...what day is it suppose to be on?
user posted image
^^^^^ R.I.P 05/16/05. . . you will be missed my Civic! ^^^^^

Punjab

• JDM-Tastic!!
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: My Cars are too busy on blocks, I bum Rides :)
    • Image Gallery
Why is everybody talking shit about what happens to the car, if the person really likes what they do to it and is proud of the turn out, we should applaud and congradulate. we defenatlly have love for the cars but why not love them for any shape, color or style they may come in.
It always seems that people need somthing to bitch about.
POWERED BY .PUNJAB © 2004

? Where Are My Peppers

michaelblanyer

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1995 Geo Prizm
QUOTE (OnlyOneNo1 @ May 25 2004, 12:44 AM)
Why is everybody talking shit about what happens to the car, if the person really likes what they do to it and is proud of the turn out, we should applaud and congradulate. we defenatlly have love for the cars but why not love them for any shape, color or style they may come in.
It always seems that people need somthing to bitch about.

because it's a pain in the ass, that's what.

I got a 1989 CRX DX when I was fifteen years old. I knew nothing about it (it was 1997 and I lived in suburban Pittsburgh... no one who was anyone drove a 'rice burner')... I actually wanted a Trans Am... anyhow, I got a mint condition, eight year old CRX with 58k miles from a DEALER for $2800(USD). Our cars weren't in massive demand then, and bargains could be had.

Enter the ricer phenomenon. With the proliferation of the whole import "scene", it's become difficult to find a fairly priced Honda. It's become damn near impossible to find one that's anywhere near stock. All these rolling homages to The Fast and the Furious have depleted the supply of clean, affordable Hondas.

Almost as bad is the fact that most people now have a horrendous image of the Honda driver (ESPECIALLY the CRX driver). The moment you mention that you own a Honda, people start getting images of altezza-style taillamps, ill-fitting body kits, and neon everything.

So, in closing, FUCK Pimp My Ride, FUCK The Fast and The Furious, and FUCK anyone who thinks either is representative of legitimate car customizing. Hopefully the CRX on the show was so rusted out that it fell through the lift and crushed Xzibit under its once proud Japanese sheetmetal.

dantheman

• i miss speed :(
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 86 CRX, 86 Olds Cut Supreme
    Garage View Garage
michaelblanyer i applaud you. i couldnt think of a better way for that show to take place.

Hollowman

• Torsion Bar Groopie..
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2015 Contributor
    • Drives: 1986 Civic SI w/ ZC, 2002 S2000
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (michaelblanyer @ May 24 2004, 10:34 PM)
So, in closing, FUCK Pimp My Ride, FUCK The Fast and The Furious, and FUCK anyone who thinks either is representative of legitimate car customizing. Hopefully the CRX on the show was so rusted out that it fell through the lift and crushed Xzibit under its once proud Japanese sheetmetal.

ohmy.gif ohmy.gif Tell us how you really feel............. wink.gif

I get the same feeling whenever I see any APC or Matrix product... mad.gif But on the otherhand if they like it then more power to them.... dry.gif I do have te right to make fun of them mercilessly as do the rest of those that want to.... ph34r.gif
RIP Block# D16A12011451.. It will be missed..

James Bond (Diamonds are Forever): "That's a nice little nothing you're almost wearing. I approve."

Posted Image

1sik1stGen

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 86 Si(parting out) 84 HF(DD) 88 Si *nutz about CRX*
Being new to the Honda world I would have to agree with alot of your replies. When I said that I was considering a Honda all I got were omg's Fast and Furious here we come. Then they found I was serious and got on board. Then I decided on a 1st gen CRX and everyone said they were a POS and nothing could be done to them. In comes the 1st gen to my life, add a D16A1 (black cover) and a simple turbo and it haults conversations when I drive into local events. Funny how people bandwagon shit when it comes out clean?
So I bought an 88Si and its getting a little life-lift to it also! Gotta say though I couldnt have found a better group of people than the hard core Honda driver/racers!!! You guys are great about answering ?'s and helping troubleshoot hard spots.

Oh and by the way I to am in the dark ages without cable so please tape it and stream it to us!

4dr

• SOHC Honda Cowboy!
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1989 crx Si, 1994 civic Dixxer 4dr, 1986 dixxer CRX(RIP)
    • Image Gallery
all u gotta do is make a car fast and it gets respect, no matter what it loosk like.
and too all of u that think "alteeza lights" make u a ricer, EVERYONE out in cali has them..im not sticking up for them but i got them on the 4dr. (i dont give a fuck even tho i do think they suck)

and u know what really really really funny to me? WHen that dumb ass in 92 Eg hatch that spent thousands of dollars for JDM crapola just to "bling the jdm style" with soem LS motor gets spanked by the d15, and those "gay" alteeza's as the last thign he sees.

Now thats priceless.

i hate all hondas LOL. cept fast ones. usualy the cheaper the better too.

Edited by 4drhseriesEGII, 25 May 2004 - 03:17 AM.

michaelblanyer

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1995 Geo Prizm
I'm in Carmel Valley right now, and I spend loads of time in La Jolla...

I haven't seen altezzas on a respectable car yet.

Although I guess altezzas being on the car would negate its respectability...

I don't care if it's a Ferrari 360, if it has altezzas, a forty inch tall aluminium wing, painted interior, underbody neon lighting, or "Powered by..." on it, it's a rolling joke.

4dr

• SOHC Honda Cowboy!
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1989 crx Si, 1994 civic Dixxer 4dr, 1986 dixxer CRX(RIP)
    • Image Gallery
an ultra fast rollign joke that will spank any honda.

ppl are much to concerned with "rice" and less concerend about "fast" i think.

ppl have different tastes, but as i said before fast is fast to me, all the "honda purists" that talk about 'rice' usualy have 17second cars...lol

eastsiderider

• Function over form!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 91 Civic Standard Hatch (B16 powered), 02 Civic EX, 03 Civic Si R.I.P.
    • Image Gallery
I myself think APC is the shit.

Ok, not really......I used to work at Advance Auto and had to deal with that stuff everyday.

I myself prefer go over show.........but i'm still rockin my body kit and rims ph34r.gif
SportInjectedClub

orangecrx

i my self think that show and go are important. if you are giong to have a car that looks good you are going to have to have power behind it. granted i went through my ricer stage and you can call my car a rice burner but i know that my car is all me. i did everything to that car and i am proud of it ricer or not. i am a good example of a ricer but can anyone tell me that they really, honestly hate my car. i think we need to get off the whole ricer subject and watch the show and see what happens. then talk shit. biggrin.gif

Jordan

• Yea, I drive a POS...so what?
  • PipPipPip
    • Drives: 1987 Honda Civic Si, 1986 Honda Civic Si
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Heres what I think as a 17 year old teen with kids doin stuff like this to their Civics & other Imports:

as with Pimp my ride, it was mentioned earlier that they might start making aftermarket parts for our cars. i highly doubt that UNLESS alot of kids start getting these CRX's and trying to hook them up, they will call up APC and have them start making aftermarket parts for these cars, then we will have cool aftermarket parts. but as stated the downside will be the fact that alot of these cars will be around the neigborhoods(if you can find any that havent been crushed). Also a redeeming factor would be that these cars will be at a higher demand, thus making the value go up.

Now as for how i work on cars, Id want to get it looking good 1st & then go for performance. as an example, if iget this HF, im gonna get a paint job & fix all the rust 1st, then ill go for this Si swap with it. then i might go to extra accesories like a nice mugen kit for it & jdm pieces. This is why i love the 84-87 year civics & crx's, the parts are hard to find. so you have to hunt for it. its like a fun game to me. so as for aftermarket parts, i dont want them made public like the other civics. id like to search for the parts for a while.

my 2 cents.

DarkHand

I can understand that people have different tastes, some rims, a tasteful body kit, etc, but I can't understand how some of the really bad ricey stuff can be considered taste at all. smile.gif The clear neon steering wheel, gigantic wings, etc. Don't they realize it looks like they're driving a circus car?? I always expect 14 clowns to get out of the car when a really ricey car comes to a stop. smile.gif I myself prefer the total sleeper look. I'd much rather drive a rusted out shell with a turbo K-series than a great looking, slower car any day.

EDIT: Thought I'd also mention again that I'll be taping the show an putting it online for those who don't get to see it... I mentioned it earlier but its lost in the middle of the thread now. smile.gif

Edited by DarkHand, 25 May 2004 - 09:04 AM.

DarkHand

Ghost-One

• the only Moderator who can fight MONSTERS
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Moderators
not all honda in cali have alteza only jackasses do...
there is a huge group of individuals anti- apc and that style.
Ther ae alot of good car builders here.
alot of JDM whores
and a good deal of thorough bred euthusist.

Mr. Buckets says: Clouds are cool generalzations are not

rpr

• giggidy giggidy giggidy!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Super Administrators
    • Drives: Race: yeah right, who has time to race (2008 Civic Si, when I have time), Daily: 2006 Ridgeline
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Ah, the wisdom of Mr. Buckets. Always there to calm stormy waters, and bring sense to any conversation.
"Toby, you are a thief of joy"