• Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1986 Honda Civic Si
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (evilGearhead @ Jun 12 2008, 02:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
jdm Power window kit

jdm red panel

digital dash and dohc pgmfi steering wheel off the 1.6I

now I want a new roof after seeing that jdm vented one, thats pretty neat.

sweeet parts

bebo408

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 85SI
Dunno if posted:

JDM CORNERS w/ BUMP
EDM CLEAR CORNERS
JDM/EDM REAR LIGHTS
WIDE-BODY style OEM option side skirts...
what about Honda F1 racing wheel?

and dunno but worth a shot: flip down recessed lights on headerpanel??

Edited by bebo408, 12 June 2008 - 07:31 PM.

cbstdscott

• Swap in HF drums, check your cam timing
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2015 Contributor
    • Drives: '87 CRX Si, '07 Civic Si Sedan, '15 Scion FRS
    • Image Gallery
How do we define rare?

Any part that came from the factory had to have been made in some kind of volume to in order to recapture the cost of production. A factory roof vent, a type of corner light, a type of steering wheel had to be ordered in a fairly large number. So by rare do we really mean "surviving?"

As for rare pieces, I would suggest that something made in the aftermarket expressly for a 1st/3rd Gen may be technically more rare because a small manufacturer could more easily justify a "short run." And in this case we have to allow the discussion to include aftermarket parts becuase anything made by Mugen was technically not made by the factory.

And so by that logic I suggest that the RC Engineering Billet Aluminum Throttlebody designed expressly for the D15A3 (not a bored out stock TB, but an entirely new part) is actually the most rare 1st/3rd Gen part in the known world.

I am lucky enough to own this rare part and as far as I know, it is the only surviving example.

Scott
Posted Image

Form Follows Function

Airgazm86

• Ungawa!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: '86 Std. hatchback, '06 Mitsu EVO IX SE, '15 Mitsu Lancer EVO X FE
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Jun 12 2008, 07:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How do we define rare?

Any part that came from the factory had to have been made in some kind of volume to in order to recapture the cost of production. A factory roof vent, a type of corner light, a type of steering wheel had to be ordered in a fairly large number. So by rare do we really mean "surviving?"

As for rare pieces, I would suggest that something made in the aftermarket expressly for a 1st/3rd Gen may be technically more rare because a small manufacturer could more easily justify a "short run." And in this case we have to allow the discussion to include aftermarket parts becuase anything made by Mugen was technically not made by the factory.

And so by that logic I suggest that the RC Engineering Billet Aluminum Throttlebody designed expressly for the D15A3 (not a bored out stock TB, but an entirely new part) is actually the most rare 1st/3rd Gen part in the known world.

I am lucky enough to own this rare part and as far as I know, it is the only surviving example.

Scott

You're looking too deep into things.

Honda/Mugen optional parts were/are rare because they were exactly that: OPTIONAL. Not everyone who bought a 1G/3G opted to buy every optional part. So even though many parts were produced, not all of them were sold to buyers. For example, how many 1G Aero kits, 3G window visors, and Honda battery warmers have you seen?

The throttle body you mentioned may be rare in terms of aftermarket production, but it's not a Honda optional part, it wasn't installed by a Honda dealer, and it wasn't covered under Honda's warranty.

DSMTimeline.jpg

RARECRX

• Officially retired.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 crx si,1985 CRX si, 2009 RS6,pimp'd out corolla,
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
as far as USDM crx stuff..

I have chased down

Honda reflective red panel
Honda crx car cover with bag
Honda header panel only bra
factory ski rack (offered at dealer)
Honda full nose bra
Honda rear speaker pods
Honda sunroof wind deflector
Honda COMPLETE cargo cover (complete as in behind the seat cover also, not just the top cover)
Honda full Mudflap kit
I had the aerokit (but sold it to a member here)

I need:
louvers
Bumper guards (I have never seen these)
foglights (I have all wiring and switch)

spliffmunsta

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 86/87 CIVIC GT
wow how rare and valuable are the digital dashes and where on earth can i get one from? its the coolest dash i have ever seen

cbstdscott

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (spliffmunsta @ Jun 29 2008, 01:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
wow how rare and valuable are the digital dashes and where on earth can i get one from? its the coolest dash i have ever seen

They are fairly rare, I believe they were only offered in Japan.

Scott
Posted Image

Form Follows Function

ChrisF-dude

• Powered by Natural Gas
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Location:Maryland, United States of America, Earth, Terran System, Milky Way 21158
    • Drives: 85 CRX Si (ZC), 2011 Toyota Camry
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (spliffmunsta @ Jun 29 2008, 04:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well for a while the digidashes were popping up like crazy. They started selling on ebay for $700+ then went down to about $2-300. I got mine in 2001 from Strong 4 Honda in New Zealand. I got the dash surround about 2-3 years ago. If you just get the dash, at least on the USDM cars you have to do some trimming of the black dash surround. I don't know how the EDM clusters are, but I assume being analog maybe the same. I have a friend who may still have a digital cluster if interested, PM me and I'll check. And it alraedy comes in Km. The Civic digital dash is SUPER rare. I have only seen that one ina brochure. I think everyone here has the CRX digi dashes.

Once a woman is introduced to Colonel Angus, she'll settle for nothing less.
chrisfpixelcrx.jpgSiemblem.jpg

WOLFCRX

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 87 crx si, 87 crx si and 84 crx(Straman Spyder), 91 Chevy silverado, 87 lynx 5th wheel
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (ChrisF-dude @ Jun 29 2008, 12:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well for a while the digidashes were popping up like crazy. They started selling on ebay for $700+ then went down to about $2-300. I got mine in 2001 from Strong 4 Honda in New Zealand. I got the dash surround about 2-3 years ago. If you just get the dash, at least on the USDM cars you have to do some trimming of the black dash surround. I don't know how the EDM clusters are, but I assume being analog maybe the same. I have a friend who may still have a digital cluster if interested, PM me and I'll check. And it alraedy comes in Km. The Civic digital dash is SUPER rare. I have only seen that one ina brochure. I think everyone here has the CRX digi dashes.

I have 2 of them and was planning on selling one but now I have 3 crx's, I think both convertibles will get a digi dash now. I paid less the $200 for each and was just in the rite place at the rite time to get them for that price, one is in shipping now and I'm just waiting for it to get here. I also have 2 trip computers to go with them I bought at a differant time.

Doug
RPR Convertible club:

84 Straman project build

spliffmunsta

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 86/87 CIVIC GT
if anyone can point me in the right direction i will be eternally grateful! thanks

SHOGUNOVDDRK

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 1986 civic hatchback
QUOTE (spliffmunsta @ Jun 30 2008, 03:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
if anyone can point me in the right direction i will be eternally grateful! thanks

Pm 3gcvc he can hook you up smile.gif
QUOTE(SHOGUNOVDDRK;835304)
the import scene has kinda become like emo's.... its killing itself whilst looking overdressed and in drag

QUOTE(phyregod;835835)
Sig worthy. But mine is full.

1g2gCRX

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Here's what I have in My Mk1 16v.

Rear load cover :

F1 wheel:

alexm86

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2013 Contributor
    • Drives: 86 Civic Si - Greek White, 2005 Convertible Mustang, 1995 Ford F150 XLT (5.8L/351W)
QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Jun 12 2008, 04:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Scott

Come on, that throttle body was not "designed expressly for the d15a3." It is an RC Engineering throttle body attached to an adapter plate. RC Engineering sold that throttle body for anybody to use on any car. It was used it on several different kinds of cars including non-Hondas.

Picture of Scott's rarest part in the world:
http://www.redpepper...ageViewsIndex=1

Quick Google search brings up BEN52's set up on this page:

http://www.superhond...680/index2.html

99 Honda Civic Si

JDM Civic Type R rods
.20 JDM Civic Type R Pistons
Portflow port & polished cylinder head
Skunk2 stage 2 cams
AEM cam gears
Skunk2 intake manifold
RC Engineering 66mm throttle body
AEM short-ram intake
JDM ITR header
custom made testpipe
(JDM collector, USDM out)
Thermal R&D exhaust

Tanabe Sustec Pro coilovers
Energy suspension bushings
Comptech front and rear Strutbars
16" Rota Circit 8's
Nitto NT450's"

I didn't know that you could put JDM Civic Type R rods and .20 JDM Civic Type R Pistons in the d15a3.

Screech

• Project CI2-VIC Team Lead
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: 16 Ford RS, 84 Civic 2000S (B20Z2), 98 Civic EX
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (Screech @ Jun 10 2008, 04:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also have what is not mentioned but many say be are not common, rear speakers for the 3G hatch. Another part may be the rear mud flaps.

I also have the rear cargo cover mounts with integrated speaker mounts for the wagon. Plan to recreate the shelf once I find a wagon to mount it in for the measurements, using the hatch's shelf as a guide to getting it original like in design.

Just an update to the old post, NZ F1 wheels (well the center caps on the same style wheel from a USDM since shipping on the whole wheel from NZ would be too much).

cbstdscott

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (alexm86 @ Jan 12 2009, 03:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It is an RC Engineering throttle body attached to an adapter plate. RC Engineering sold that throttle body for anybody to use on any car. It was used it on several different kinds of cars including non-Hondas.

OK, I will concede that the throttlebody was not expressly designed for the D15A3, but the adapter plate between the TB and the plenum was EXPRESSLY designed for the D15A3 and thus THAT is most rare 1st Gen/3rd Gen part in the world.

I also own the world's only fiberglass MrD Mugen-inspired rear spoiler (everyone else has bought the CF model) and so far I am the only one in the world with a MrD CF sunroof panel. Is that rare enough for you?

All kidding aside, I would guess that the CDM roof spoiler is the most rare 1st Gen part in the world.

Scott

Posted Image

Form Follows Function