Moonlight At Civic Si Resto

• You cannot reply to this topic
52 replies to this topic

mlracing.co.nz

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: EF9, AT-SI, GS300
Car runs, stops, drives etc. Gearbox is good, clutch feels pretty good, I'm getting tyres fitted for the cf48s tomorrow.. close to having a windscreen back in it!

Here's some shitty videos for proof:
http://instagram.com/p/rYtKJFmbHm/ - Car runs no problem, so good.

http://instagram.com/p/rYv_jmmbKX/ - It's noisy driving with no windscreen..

mlracing.co.nz

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Today worked out pretty well and got a bunch of stuff ticked off the list. Originally wasn't going to do much today but I'm glad that I did ! I didn't really have a plan of attack for today just started pottering around and putting a few bits back together, trim and things like that to get them out of the storage.

gh3wf4pc.cat.jpg
Decided the carpet wasn't in too bad condition so gave it a vacuum and put back in the car after giving the car a thorough vacuum as well. It was filthy inside !

ochrr4s4.fgz.jpg
The carpet makes such a huge difference.

mtpalbtx.i1h.jpg
Looking pretty complete in there now.

haca4bwh.jli.jpg
Thought I'd do some rust treatment so scuffed this patch down with wire brush/sandpaper and primed over it to stop more problems. Temporary measure.

2zzqxs0u.vvk.jpg
For this one I ended up getting rust treatment spray and priming over as well. Will fill the hole and repair it in near future.

xwigkgct.t4g.jpg
Not too sure if this it the correct placement for this bar. Yes it is an AT/AS rear strut bar from Cusco so it is not an incorrect item.

5pjotsij.gzq.jpg
I'm guessing drill some holes here and mount on top of wheel well.. ?

0aw1ysnf.q4x.jpg
Dat auto to manual conversion from back in the day haha

Very close to getting windscreen in it; get my wheels/tyres back tomorrow so once those are on can get the windscreen stuff going.

mlracing.co.nz

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Ticked a few more things off the list today, wheels all on and looking good!
10547503_10152643240975833_5604364159270

Also wired up the high stop and got all the rest of the lights working as well as the horn, stoked!

b10jkczk.xtl.jpg
Bit of creative wiring to get the high stop back online.

hcfelxmb.g22.jpg
w0mlkk3h.kxa.jpg
Was on the fence about it but decided I'd put back the rear interior as well. Started with the sides this evening after I'd done the wiring.. will give the back seat a quick clean up and put all that back in another day.

s2fzdrz1.e2j.jpg
3mueteiq.f0e.jpg
I also had a cancelled order for a Hako-type chin spoiler so had a play haha.. I think the Volvo lip will stay..

Now I just need to figure out why the wipers aren't working at all (front or rear).. fuses are all ok (after I added more and checked them) so next step is to check the stalk.

mlracing.co.nz

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Oh, what's this..
10582807_10152654510665833_3541317005955

885900_10152656857765833_412527745709219

15x6 Watanabe! Offset unknown.. no marking on it at all about offset which is odd but they sit pretty much spot on, stoked as.

mlracing.co.nz

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Another cracking day yesterday so had a look at the wiper situation. For whatever reason the fuse was blown for front wipers so I replaced that and they started to work :D Rear.. I couldn't figure it out so just removed it haha. Also fitted the Watanabes all around and took a couple of better photos

21cwfsox.oku.jpg
Filled rear with this rubber bung I had laying around.

yyhafyjx.bwa.jpg
3u14wpc2.m5l.jpg
A couple of better photos of wheels fitted up.

bjiy1t5t.tvq.jpg
Not long ago I bought some shocks off a friend but never took a photo.. the fronts have been grooved so I can run them lower.

poqadfu4.tfv.jpg
How can I adjust so my door shuts properly? This is at full shut.. is there a way you can move the latch or something like that ?

mlracing.co.nz

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Artist impression with lowdown:
d5xlgck3.zix.jpg

mlracing.co.nz

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Little bit of percussive maintenance and the door shuts properly now :)
10626199_10152668333120833_8754707510012

niccer

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2014 Contributor
    • Drives: '87 Civic Si, '11 F150 Ecoboost

The wheels and suspension make it look like a totally different car.  Keep up the good work! 

mlracing.co.nz

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip

The wheels and suspension make it look like a totally different car.  Keep up the good work!

That is just a photoshop, the lowdown one.. but I'd love it to be that low :D

mlracing.co.nz

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Welll today has been a good day ! After the initial miscommunication from Windscreen installer and myself.. we got there in the end, car has a windscreen !

1507037_10152747086948755_36200729802200
I even assisted with installation.. basically pro windscreen installer now..

148751_10152679402265833_844392548008687
Token petrol station shot.

So now I will put back the rear interior and fix up the rust on hatch and take it for a WOF to see what happens.. !

mlracing.co.nz

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
So you know that bit of duct tape I have on the rear hatch.. well I decided to see what's really underneath..

o15qhher.nm4.jpg
Yeah so that's underneath.. I knew there was some repair done in the past but didn't know the hatch was so bad !

du5xkd04.bra.jpg
ultyrla3.s51.jpg
So.. I set about removing the crap that was on there and repairing it again myself.. a bit of 10 year old bog and some time and it didn't turn out too bad..

eb4jjeab.gvx.jpg
okqzuzpt.fmf.jpg
Definitely not perfect by any stretch of the imagination but it's a darn sight better than it was! It'll do for now anyway.

Also was looking to install my Cheddas short shift but it looked like it was going to be a hard job and I couldn't find my circlip pliers.. maybe next time !

mlracing.co.nz

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Almost ready for WOF now, took it for a bit of a spirited drive around the area/closed road/race track and have determined grinding noise from front brakes will not pass WOF.. time to get new rotors and pads haha. Otherwise she's a minta (ish).

15246_10152697226765833_1425969495531555
2skocg4p.s0d.jpg
oal5e51z.vqe.jpg
I gave it a wash this afternoon as it was a really nice day and found really only a couple of places that are leaking water. One in the passenger side door seal area, not very much which is good; but the other problem is the rear middle bit between the tail lights. I ended up poorly siliconing the top bit which was coming apart by the look of it and did some strategic drilling; should suffice for now. Would also explain why one of the reverse lights was failing!

lzaeey10.gtt.jpg
Finished putting in the rear interior again over the course of the week; much more complete now. Also gave the interior panels a wipe down and the roof etc, get rid of some of the leftover dust and mould.

23rs04m3.bha.jpg
Bit of overspray from working on some surface rust near the top of the windscreen.. whoops haha

Engine runs pretty well, takes a few cranks at first start to get the fuel going but otherwise works all good after that. I found it seems to start to have a bit of a flat area around 5.5krpm onwards.. perhaps needs some VTEC! Or an oil change..

mlracing.co.nz

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Last time I took it for a drive the brakes were making a grinding noise so got some replacement pads and discs (didn't end up needing the discs) and installed them; no more grinding! Then tackled the battery tray..

buyydg05.koy.jpg
As you can see.. not much pad left !

w512koay.hs1.jpg
For the battery tray I went and got a universal tray and some stays and made something up that worked. Better than bungy cord !

pxbdazlh.szg.jpg
Dat suspension travel

lgydfr2z.ray.jpg
Finally sussed an Si badge as well :D

mlracing.co.nz

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Some pretty big developments over the past couple of weeks!

4e5jx5cj.5sm.jpg
oyjnwhih.vhz.jpg
fu0cwo0i.w12.jpg
bgm2uidi.jxb.jpg
f1nrhvgp.t4e.jpg
Picked up a whole bunch of replacement parts as well so I can start putting them on and removing the worse stuff from my car.

1471295_10152773113595833_23755489122660
Among that bunch was that centre console which really all I needed was the gear shift boot.. hides the auto/manual converter part haha

So... stoked as!
1900081_10152773561935833_77247256004296
Only thing it failed on was illegal tint so ripped that off and boom, passed inspection :D Put registration on it and it's legal as awww yeaaahhh

It's bloody hot without aircon though so will need to get the windows re-tinted and I think I'll go for a super black tint on the sunroof as well unless I can find a cover for the inside.

Otherwise, super stoked because now I can drive it over summer :D Hard part done and just some other fiddly bits now like.. lowering it and installing the new shifter/shift knob to get rid of that abomination !

mlracing.co.nz

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
10710998_10152777158020833_6610159713801

Runs a bit warm.. probably need to give the cooling system an overhaul. Not even sure how much water is in there LOL