• You cannot reply to this topic
138 replies to this topic

koshir

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2012 Contributor
    • Drives: CRX 86' and 91' :: JAZZ 08'
thanks for comment
and thanks for sending header overseas (thumbs up)

right now I'm in making first product of that Polybauer front bumper, I had to do lots of things on original one, cause it was badlly damadged and poor fixed,
so now I finally have mold of that rare bumper and can't wait to see how the product will look like, will take pictures of it...
Car will be sanded and prepared for painting, at first I had ITR CW in mind but now olive green seems to be good choice...

more photos will follow

funkmaster

• 1985 Mugen CR-X Si
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: 1985 CRX Si, 2006 Ford Focus ST, 2009 Lexus RX350, 1996 Del Sol Vtec
    • Image Gallery
I gotta say id rather see it in CW.

censurebush

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: '85 crx hf, eg8+9
champ white is very popular. it's one of my favorite colors and i would rather see your car in it rather than olive.

koshir

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
I was sure with going CW color, but the I saw orig. new mini cooper on road in one totally of the normal list colors,
I think it was very light grey or brown and then I thought why the hell would I go with some ordinary and very common color,
maybe I'll still go with some light color (olive green is little to dark for small car), maybe light grey or something like that...

so I'm looking colors that are not so common and will look great on this CRX
(all colors exept cappuchino brown, cause that color will be on race CRX 91')

so any advices and pics of colors are welcome

koshir

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
colors that I like:

interesting color

any ideas unsure.gif

85crx_si

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 85 crx si

i really like both of these biggrin.gif

koshir

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Some photos of Polybauer front bumper (orig.bumper, mold and product)
I must say that this was most complicated and time taking bumper I've ever made blink.gif
Product that I made is combination of ordinary FG and FG in mesh (structure like CF) so it's lighter and more flexible and won't crack all over if you hit curb or something like that...

As far as car goes I removed passenger side rear side window and what I found, watter canal filled with mastic and final product as you all know is rust, so
had to made new inner corner and weld it mad.gif folks just don't know what they're doing, on this car there was tons of mastic and all on wrong places, so watter stayed in canals
and that lead to rust mad.gif

koshir

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Finally have all parts in primer coat and a few parts already painted in car color,
dam*n this thing is taking so much time to get it perfect, had to put three full coats on front fenders cause color that was on before was some weird shit and ruined everything when I painted it with primer,
had to strip paint down to bare plastic and then put on plastic primer + primer and then it was all good...

This is the color I choose at the end wink.gif

Will post more pictures, but now is more time to work then for taking photos wink.gif

koshir

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
painted more parts:

will need some touch up after all will be painted and on the sun sometime,
will have to polish out some dirts and sand some runs (runs - those are all minimal and on places that are not visible, exept one but that one will be easy fix cause there are multiple layers of color...)

biggrin.gif

koshir

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
and one more thing, this is not base and clear coat color like it looks like on photos (shining all over), it's oridinary acrylic color...

koshir

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Front and rear bumper painted
now I have to paint hood, boot and doors and all off car parts will be painted...small parts will be painted at the end after the car will be done...

biggrin.gif

P.S.: on front bumper on black part, that's not paint it's just dirty from sanding primer wink.gif

koshir

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Last big part painted, now I can finally put all parts back and try to get car on the road ASAP.
will wait for month or two so color can dry out and then I'll polish whole car to get out all dirts and mistakes in color...

koshir

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Put some parts on and in car...
dash is in and trunk with emblems is on and some other small things are already installed...on Tuesday I get carpet and front seats back from cleaning biggrin.gif so I hope it'll be soon ready to install windows (windshield + side ones)

simplyhonda

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 87 CRX Si, 89 Wagon RT4wd, 1979 Civic 1200, 1986 Land Cruiser
    • Image Gallery
Coming along nice. I like the blue!
Helping keep the first generation CRX alive!

koshir

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
Toke some photos today...
after photoshoot I put on fog lights and side mirrors, tomorrow I'll drove car to paintshop (they'll install winshield and rear side windows)...

can't wait to put those red stripes back, I think it'll look really nice with those stripes...

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif