54 replies to this topic

crxls

• corvette contender
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Mod
    • Drives: your car if i find the keys
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (Sgt. Pepper @ Jan 8 2009, 06:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well I replaced the distributor twice now and it seemed to run okay....until this week. It is throwing the 1320 code again and shutting off without warning. I replaced the spark plugs yesterday, but it still quits. What are the odds the distributor is bad again? What else could it be?

i didnt have this many problems with my first car which was a cavalier......

looks like it's time to just let this car go to a better place (someone else's driveway) and get him a good solid honda. you cant got wrong with a 90 + accord or 88+ (92+ even better) civic as a reliable daily driver. most reliable cars ever in my opinion.

.... or you could always let him drive liz till he can get something else ph34r.gif ***dodging peanuts.... and wrenches... and fist's***
When I die, i want to go asleep peaceful.......... not screaming and freaking out like everyone else in the car

"i left the bar a little after you and ended up flipping my car in the arbys drive thru"

QUOTE (cbstdscott @ Dec 10 2008, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Another loser who can not get traction. I feel sorry for him.

IM A LOSER!!! my car pulls harder when spinning than any "highly modified" EW

Team BUrnOUt founding member

Sgt. Pepper

QUOTE (crxls @ Jan 9 2009, 02:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
.... or you could always let him drive liz till he can get something else ph34r.gif ***dodging peanuts.... and wrenches... and fist's***

ohmy.gif ohmy.gif That's just crazy talk. ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

What do we have here, a comedian?

Adding power makes you faster in the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere. - Colin Chapman

RARECRX

• Officially retired.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 crx si,1985 CRX si, 2009 RS6,pimp'd out corolla,
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I can't say.. My wife used to have a 1998 200sx.. she had numerous no start problems.

first was distributor, that threw the p1320 code I believe .. her distributor had that laser pickup crap in it. we found out oil was leaking from her valve cover into the distributor interfering with the "pulse pickup" so we change the valve cover gasket as well

Next was her stupid ignition switch/tumbler failed (too many doo-hickies on her key ring)

The final one was her EGR was plugged up (this one showed NO codes). It started occasionally but idled rough and intake manifold got extremely hot.

Good luck..

ChrisF-dude

• Powered by Natural Gas
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Location:Maryland, United States of America, Earth, Terran System, Milky Way 21158
    • Drives: 85 CRX Si (ZC), 2011 Toyota Camry
    • Image Gallery
Ignition coil?

Once a woman is introduced to Colonel Angus, she'll settle for nothing less.
chrisfpixelcrx.jpgSiemblem.jpg

Computer

• Brian spilner racing team
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 86 CRX DX, 03 MT IS300
    Garage View Garage
WIRING!

86 crx

Sgt. Pepper

QUOTE (crxls @ Jan 9 2009, 02:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
looks like it's time to just let this car go to a better place (someone else's driveway) and get him a good solid honda.

He actually wishes it would just go away. He was talking about wanting a Honda..........a Del Sol.
Adding power makes you faster in the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere. - Colin Chapman

ChrisF-dude

• Powered by Natural Gas
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2010 Contributing Member
    • Location:Maryland, United States of America, Earth, Terran System, Milky Way 21158
    • Drives: 85 CRX Si (ZC), 2011 Toyota Camry
    • Image Gallery
With the exception of wearing out brakes and suspension components, my Sentra was very reliable. You may have an underlying problem not solved yet, but killing your distributor. I never had any codes except when I forgot to plug back in my MAF sensor.

Once a woman is introduced to Colonel Angus, she'll settle for nothing less.
chrisfpixelcrx.jpgSiemblem.jpg

Sgt. Pepper

Now it won't even start. Doesn't want to turn over. I checked the battery the other day and it "was" fine. I ain't working on it today since it is snowing like crazy. WTF is wrong with this car (other than the lack of "H" on the hood?

Alternator?

crxls

• corvette contender
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (Sgt. Pepper @ Jan 10 2009, 02:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He actually wishes it would just go away. He was talking about wanting a Honda..........a Del Sol.

well leave the keys and title above the visor and i'll make it go away tonight.... i got a plan and a sentra will work just fine!
When I die, i want to go asleep peaceful.......... not screaming and freaking out like everyone else in the car

"i left the bar a little after you and ended up flipping my car in the arbys drive thru"

RARECRX

• Officially retired.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 crx si,1985 CRX si, 2009 RS6,pimp'd out corolla,
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
I say try the tumbler.. does it even crank? My wifes 200sx did the same thing when the ignition tumbler/switch was bad. It stalled, would only start occasionally, then after awhile just would not click at all.. All her power worked though like the radio/lights etc..

Computer

• Brian spilner racing team
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 86 CRX DX, 03 MT IS300
    Garage View Garage
QUOTE (Computer @ Jan 9 2009, 08:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
WIRING!

Ok this is getting irritating.

Theres more to electrical problems than just throwing parts at the car and hoping it works.

Edited by Computer, 10 January 2009 - 05:46 PM.

86 crx

Sgt. Pepper

Looks like I may end up with this piece of shit. His daddy is buying him a new (used) car and he just wants to walk away from the Sentra. I'm gonna figure this thing out and sell it. I'll get it running, clean it up and make a profit (I hope).

Any way to test a distributor?

crxls

• corvette contender
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Image Gallery
QUOTE (Sgt. Pepper @ Jan 31 2009, 01:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Looks like I may end up with this piece of shit. His daddy is buying him a new (used) car and he just wants to walk away from the Sentra. I'm gonna figure this thing out and sell it. I'll get it running, clean it up and make a profit (I hope).

Any way to test a distributor?

like i said before, just leave the keys and title above the visor and i'll make sure your troubles disappear

Airgazm86

• Ungawa!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: '86 Std. hatchback, '06 Mitsu EVO IX SE, '15 Mitsu Lancer EVO X FE
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Have you tried a new crank or cam sensor? On many cars a bad on of these will keep it from starting, and it will just crank.

Also, check the coil(s).

DSMTimeline.jpg

ChrisF-dude