50 replies to this topic

Disco Stu

• Who's this guy?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 CRX Si, 2006 Mazda6i Hatchie
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Sell it on eBay when you're done. Mention how this piece was used in a revolutionary project and has the admiration and respect of 10 other CRX drivers, and include a certificate of authenticity that it was used in the molding process. And call it a JDM, you'll easily get your money out of it wink.gif

87CRXSiR

• But It's A Dry Heat
  • PipPip
    • Group: Members
    • Drives: 1987 CRX Si
QUOTE (Disco Stu @ Mar 5 2003, 11:47 PM)
Sell it on eBay when you're done. Mention how this piece was used in a revolutionary project and has the admiration and respect of 10 other CRX drivers, and include a certificate of authenticity that it was used in the molding process. And call it a JDM, you'll easily get your money out of it wink.gif

The title has to have 'rare one-of-a-kind JDM' in it
DM
PHX, AZ

NJMUGENCRX

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
just keeping this going. any news marcus?
-Roger

MrDisibility

• Heeltoe Auto Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Vendors
    Garage View Garage
The 3dr header panel is coming in either tomorrow or Wed. Then I need to get my car to my fab guy....

RexKrazy

• Leadfoot
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: 2009 Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1986 CRX Si/1987 Integra LS Hybrid
HURRY!!! one of the cracks in my plastic header panel has made it accross the plastic wastland....MUST STOP THE OTHERS!!!
Tony Palumbo
'86 CRX Si ZC

MrDisibility

• Heeltoe Auto Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
you know, it really is funny. My rex was near-perfect when I got it. Each fender had a crack and the header panel had like 3. Now, only the two side brakets and outermost bolts are holding the header panel on.

Whenever someone comes over to scope the car out, they like to point out the cracks...then they are surprised at the fenders being plastic. Then I tell them the EVERY Crx has the same issue, and the conversation about it ends....

Nobody knows shit about 1g crxs. Whenever I say I have a CRX, I know people are thinking of a 2g...we really are a special breed.

87CRXSiR

• But It's A Dry Heat
  • PipPip
    • Drives: 1987 CRX Si
driver side header panel just keeps letting ago, another bolt went the other day. now that mother is really flapping in the wind..........or does it just raise with speed like a Porsche spoiler biggrin.gif
DM
PHX, AZ

Disco Stu

• Who's this guy?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Contributing Member
    • Drives: 1987 CRX Si, 2006 Mazda6i Hatchie
    • Image Gallery
    Garage View Garage
Hee hee, I know that trick: My first road test with my old DX had my pass. fender flapping in the wind to a family function on the Garden State Parkway. My mom passed me on the way and nearly flipped that my car was falling apart like that. God bless Duct tape!

Ghost-One

• the only Moderator who can fight MONSTERS
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
    • Group: Moderators
its true though peopl have completely forgotten about the 1g all the tricks and secrets have been forgotten and the people who picked one up in the last few years are rediscovering those secrets in my opinion they are way better than the 2g

NJMUGENCRX

• Slowpoke
  • PipPip
me this past weekend
MARCUS HELP!!! this wrinkled hood has got to go!!!
-Roger

evilGearhead

• Speedy
  • PipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 85 crx si
hello,
i was wondering how this whole CF hood project was turning out? i am very interested, perhaps to buy one this summer, if it works out.
hey, any chance of a zc hump any time soon?

My how-to's
JDM digital dash
JDM power windows

My project needs your help
Parts wanted

Simple87Si

all the holes to hold on my header panel are gone.. ive drilled holes into the upper part of the panel and zip tied the thing to the metal beneath it.. seems to do the trick wink.gif
user posted image

MrDisibility

• Heeltoe Auto Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    Garage View Garage
Dayum, you guys are in bad shape.......

I got the Steel header panel today, it is brand nre and looks really nice. I am dropping my shitbox off on Saturday to get retrofitted.....will take roughly a week....

Hopefully everyone is saving their pennies...after the hood is made I will be looking to set up an appointment with Sunny....

Simple87Si

QUOTE (MrDisibility @ Mar 14 2003, 02:51 AM)
Dayum, you guys are in bad shape.......

I got the Steel header panel today, it is brand nre and looks really nice. I am dropping my shitbox off on Saturday to get retrofitted.....will take roughly a week....

Hopefully everyone is saving their pennies...after the hood is made I will be looking to set up an appointment with Sunny....

im saving my pennies.. smile.gif
user posted image

CRX8Grand

• Hey I remember my password to this site
  • PipPipPipPipPip
    • Drives: 09 Civic Si
You guys with the falling apart header pannels..... do you ave the tabs on the side that you can tighten them down to the headlight housings.. if you dont have them them damn....

after i hit a deer my header pannel survived... it didnt shatter or anything.... it DID crack across the top and all the mounting tabs broke and I had those side metal tabs to hol dit on with... ifyou put it on with JUST those 2 tabs... you will find out that it will hold without ANYother tabs

depending on my summer job situation I donno if im gonna be able to afford one dry.gif

~2009 Civic Si 4dr~